Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

I'm not local and have no news but I can't believe her husband is just walking free this whole time.

This case is both frustrating and sad.

I look back over all of the details, and this is the epitome of the "husband did it" cliche. And it's not just in WC's actions, video captures, texts, etc. Cheryl "blindsided him" (his words) in filing for divorce...he goes on vacation with his girlfriend and daughter, comes back and the next day Cheryl's gone.

Like if this happened in any other city and he and his girlfriend murdered the wife the day they got back into town...he would be known as the a dumb *advertiser censored*; the girlfriend, an accomplice. And the girlfriend is an accomplice, make no mistake.

Riverside, you f'ed up. For the screaming facts you had, you still did nothing. The girlfriend wasn't even formally interrogated. She just gave her statement; same with WC. They could say whatever they suited them and it would be record and not questioned.

I watched an episode lately that involved the murder of a mom, who had an estranged husband, a boyfriend and a love-struck colleague. It went cold for many years. The body was found, but like Cheryl's, her remains were too degraded to determine how she died.

Husband was finally cleared; so was boyfriend. The love-struck colleague ended up being the one they focused on, based upon a neighbor witnessing him walking home (within a mile) from where the victim's car was left. (Sound familiar?) He also left out pertinent details in his interviews about seeing her that day. BUT there was no forensic evidence pointing to his guilt.

Prosecutors asked themselves if "waiting" would yield any more information. They decided "no" and proceeded with charges because it had been many years (Willing to roll the dice). They charged this individual with 2nd degree murder, he took a plea to manslaughter, and they avoided a trial altogether. He took the Alfred plea, and was sentenced to 4 years in prison.

This is the position LE is in in regards to Cheryl. IMO If they wait, I doubt no new information will come forth to solve this.

The victim's family in the above case, although sad that he received so little time, was grateful to LE to pursuing anything at all.

I wonder if Cheryl's family would feel the same.

Bumping for Cheryl. Anyone local with any news at all?

Local. The only "news" is WC has just in past few weeks sold/closed on the residence. Earlier GF sold her house and they were building a new home.
Never used to think GF was involved but now I just can't see how she can deny all the coincidence. If you are not guilty of something in the case of wife conveniently disappearing, how can one stand by him unless she is just desperate to have a man in her life.

I also think there must be "someone"in family who had noticed things in the day/s following and just isn't to a point yet of being able to consider possibilities. Might just take a bit of time and maturity. Otherwise I just don't know what can break this case open. It's so sad.

Last edited:
>>>
I watched an episode lately that involved the murder of a mom, who had an estranged husband, a boyfriend and a love-struck colleague. ....

Husband was finally cleared; so was boyfriend. The love-struck colleague ended up being the one they focused on, based upon a neighbor witnessing him walking home (within a mile) from where the victim's car was left. (Sound familiar?) ..... >>>

A lot of similarities for sure. I think in some of WC's statements in interviews with press and LE, he tried to point a finger at someone else. I think it's pretty unlikely though that someone else moved her car other than WC or an accomplice. It was nearly 11:00 AM when her car pulled into parking lot, seen on video coming down a main road a few blocks from their house. She should have been at work by 9 AM. WC was home all morning and would have noticed her car was home then missing. Did he ever report any irregularity with the vehicle there, then absent, to LE? I dont think he did. One of my main reasons for thinking no one else is responsible for Cheryl's death. I think there is a possibility of enough circumstantial evidence to charge him maybe with lesser homicide charge but county prosecutor doesn't want to go there. Also think it's likely another family member would have to come forward with some things they noticed. But whether they ever can bring themselves to do it is uncertain

Cheryl Coker, of Riverside, was last seen alive on Oct. 2 2018 after dropping off her daughter at Stebbins High School.

In February 2019, Riverside police told News Center 7 Coker’s disappearance was now being investigated as a homicide and named her husband William Coker as a suspect. William has never been charged in connection to the case.

Just curious if any of you guys have checked lately whether William Coker's remarried to the lady he was seeing at the time of her "disappearance." I don't know how to check those kind of records publicly. It was rumored they were living together at some point over the years, but it was just rumors...nothing reported officially. I suppose the youngest is in college. Hope she's thriving.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back