TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparison of the postmortems of WCJD to what I believe is the most recent photo of Julie, is where I was seriously wondering. It looks as though Julie had work on her nose. It is smaller and all around different than it was in the images of her as a younger girl. (There are additional images available of Julie in her thread here.)

*warning post mortem of WCJD to follow***

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.20.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.28.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.28.41 PM.png

Now I'm questionning this again...Hmmm

I submitted Julie back in the Fall...never heard anything :(
The only thing that I questioned was our girl seems to have a petite nose and Julie's appears larger...but appearance and timeline seems plausible.

I submitted Julie back in the Fall...never heard anything :(
The only thing that I questioned was our girl seems to have a petite nose and Julie's appears larger...but appearance and timeline seems plausible.

The comparison of the postmortems of WCJD to what I believe is the most recent photo of Julie, is where I was seriously wondering. It looks as though Julie had work on her nose. It is smaller and all around different than it was in the images of her as a younger girl. (There are additional images available of Julie in her thread here.)

View attachment 304487 View attachment 304488 View attachment 304490

That photo of Julie doesn't even look like the same girl as in the earlier photos. She really changed a lot in just a couple of years.

I don't think she's our girl, but I think our girl will turn out to be somebody very much like her.

She has a very lengthy amount of posts, so I am not sure if this has been mentioned before.

Could WCJD have been a victim of the Texas Killing Fields murders? She was found off of I-45 and the murders range from the early 70's to mid 80's.

View attachment 304487 View attachment 304488 View attachment 304490

Not the same person. Numerous differences: lips, brows, hair, nose

WCJD has delicate features...Julie does not. I read a FB post by a family member and the foster family ended up also posting...They were with Julie the day she disappeared..It was kinda weird...Can't remember what happened...I think she was abducted...

It's fairly easy to find the FB post

Last edited:
This is a very pessimistic and downer-ish take but it seems that the same theories and 20 or so missing girls have pretty much been suggested and discussed ad nauseam at this point.

I would say that it is probably almost certain that WCJD is not in any MP database, thus likely not reported missing, and that genetic genealogy is the only hope of solving this one. We can only hope that it is in the works already. I really hope I am wrong, but is seeming to get colder and colder as more time goes by.

This is a very pessimistic and downer-ish take but it seems that the same theories and 20 or so missing girls have pretty much been suggested and discussed ad nauseam at this point.

I would say that it is probably almost certain that WCJD is not in any MP database, thus likely not reported missing, and that genetic genealogy is the only hope of solving this one. We can only hope that it is in the works already. I really hope I am wrong, but is seeming to get colder and colder as more time goes by.
Agree completely! I’ll add to the pessimism and say that I don’t think this case is being investigated by one of the DNA research agencies. No one has ever been able to add any teeth to this mysterious DNA company that is supposedly working on this. I think her case is just sitting there cold with just us as the only interested parties, when wonderful resources like Othram are out there and would get her name back, and it is so upsetting. :(

Not the same person. Numerous differences: lips, brows, hair, nose

WCJD has delicate features...Julie does not. I read a FB post by a family member and the foster family ended up also posting...They were with Julie the day she disappeared..It was kinda weird...Can't remember what happened...I think she was abducted...

It's fairly easy to find the FB post

I will go look for the FB post. I do agree with you, but I'm sure you also know how it can be. You start looking, looking again, wondering IF....

Especially since all we really have with these cases are a couple of old photos. And in Julie's case, they all look different. I really think she had work done on her nose--perhaps she broke it at one time, but the tip of her nose looks much much smaller to me in her more recent photos than her younger ones.

(I actually REALLY think Julie is Eklutna Annie, but back on track to WCJD......)

Agree 100% Law enforcement really needs to get involved with this...The agencies cannot do genetic genealogy without requests from law enforcement.

I guess a few of us Texans could maybe go to their sheriff's office and protest and hold up signs. I really can't think of any other tactic at this point.

I hope so! :(

Not the best developed theory. I'm really just throwing my thoughts out there. Another one was to wonder if those schools for "troubled kids" were common then? (I think they might have been? ) Similar to the one Paris Hilton spent time in, and called out. Could WCJD have been a troubled young girl from a family who was fed up, or hiding behavior they were embarrassed by?

The cold case I am reminded of here is Julie Soracco, whose grandfather was a prominent physician in the small town where she went missing from, and apparently did not want her case publicized at the time. Julie had been in a foster situation, and for anyone unfamiliar was not reported missing until July of 2019, even though she went missing around August of 1977.

There is some theories that WCJD may have attended Rebekah School for Girls in Corpus Christi.

Agree completely! I’ll add to the pessimism and say that I don’t think this case is being investigated by one of the DNA research agencies. No one has ever been able to add any teeth to this mysterious DNA company that is supposedly working on this. I think her case is just sitting there cold with just us as the only interested parties, when wonderful resources like Othram are out there and would get her name back, and it is so upsetting. :(
Ehhh, I'm not so sure on this. We had no idea about Septic Tank Sam or Beth Doe, two relatively high profile cases, until the ID was made. A lot of agencies and companies opt not release much to protect the integrity of the investigation (we still don't know details of Philadelphia Jane Doe 2017 or Pillar Point Doe, both who were identified years ago by DDP). It seems that Covid had slowed a lot of lab work down, and there is always the possibility of extraction issues from contamination, etc.. And even with an ID there could possibly be issues with finding the next of kin, solving an adoption/NPE, endogamy, or a locating a close enough relation to test against in CODIS with STR testing.

It seems from some recent posts by DDP and some comments by Carl on the FB page (noted in previous pages of this thread) that there might be some smoke suggesting FGG is being done. Obviously LE would be well aware of the potential of the technique at this point. Whenever this case is solved I suspect that it'll come quite unexpectedly and randomly.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure on this. We had no idea about Septic Tank Sam or Beth Doe, two relatively high profile cases, until the ID was made. A lot of agencies and companies opt not release much to protect the integrity of the investigation (we still don't know details of Philadelphia Jane Doe 2017 or Pillar Point Doe, both who were identified years ago by DDP). It seems that Covid had slowed a lot of lab work down, and there is always the possibility of extraction issues from contamination, etc.. And even with an ID there could possibly be issues with finding the next of kin, solving an adoption/NPE, endogamy, or a locating a close enough relation to test against in CODIS with STR testing.

It seems from some recent posts by DDP and some comments by Carl on the FB page (noted in previous pages of this thread) that there might be some smoke suggesting FGG is being done. Obviously LE would be well aware of the potential of the technique at this point. Whenever this case is solved I suspect that it'll come quite unexpectedly and randomly.
Doe DNA Project does not work with minors. I really don't think anything is being done. I had read that she needed to be exhumed again and it was going to cost $10,000.

Doe DNA Project does not work with minors. I really don't think anything is being done. I had read that she needed to be exhumed again and it was going to cost $10,000.
DNA Doe Project doesn't take on cases of children (at least not younger kids, they do have some cases of older teens) but they aren't the only organisation doing forensic genealogy research. @ntt1 wasn't saying that DDP is working on the case, just that DDP hinted that someone else is. There's another post about that here.

DNA Doe Project doesn't take on cases of children (at least not younger kids, they do have some cases of older teens) but they aren't the only organisation doing forensic genealogy research. @ntt1 wasn't saying that DDP is working on the case, just that DDP hinted that someone else is. There's another post about that here.

Don't know how directly to link to the post, but here is the page it is on:

TX - TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #2
There's not enough of her DNA available. I believe they exhumed her body in 1999, but only took a small sample and not enough to run. They did run her DNA back then, but it was not done the same way as it is today, and I think the results were inconclusive because the DNA was degraded... They would have to re-exhume her body, which costs around $10K and requires a judge to sign off on the order, etc, then do another autopsy, and again obtain and check the DNA... It'll probably happen eventually, but...

SpanishMossAntiques, Nov 1, 2019 Report

I read that the Sherrifs Department sent a mandible for testing earlier this year, but it failed to get sufficient DNA. They are actively trying and hopefully they'll get enough DNA in the next testing.

AmonAmarther, Nov 1, 2019

Last edited:
T rex...I can see your point too..
She answered all of the other questions the waitress asked..so depending on the order of the questions, either she got tired of answering the questions and responded as she did...or, this particular question struck a sore spot.
She was witnessed at two different restaurants/truck stops...does anyone know if BOTH witnesses were shown the deceased pics or just the waitress? Any theories on why her clothes were not left behind but shoes were?

I'm a waitress, and I don't think I would be able to recall customers based on a simple description unless they were super distinctive or it was a very slow day or night, so while I believe the witnesses did truly see her I can see other witnesses getting confused or just forgetting.

The bag probably had some form of ID and/or money (probably cash), or at least something that the killer took as a sort of disgusting "trophy". IMO it's possible the killer removed any form of IDs and just dumped the purse in a dumpster or took it home as a trophy.

That is a good thought. If she had left a mental health facility wouldn’t that have been reported to the police in the county it happened in?

I would hope so, but even if it was, it may not have been taken seriously/actually reported by LE at the time, OR the facility may not have even reported it. I could imagine a mental health facility either trying to report a MP that was a 15/16 year old girl and being met with "well, she's not homicidal/suicidal, and she's a teenage runaway, so whatever, she'll just turn up" or them having that same train of thought and not even bothering to report it for that reason. If she was "just" a rebellious teenage girl who had been in a facility for that kind of thing they may not have been overly concerned anyway.

She's old enough that she could potentially legally be an adult although she was probably 14-16 so I feel like DDP might have considered it, even though I know they aren't working it.

So there is alot of mention on here about our girl having a bag.
I have never heard about that outside of here.
Is this certain? Only because, IMO, a girl..of any age..would carry something , if she was not local and didnt plan to be back by the end of the day, to put change of clothes, toiletries, ect in.
I dont recall the witnesses saying she had anything...some reports say carrying red sandals.
This is kinda important..no bag COULD mean she wasn't planning to be gone for long or was checked in to a motel.
Bag indicates overnight or longer.
Body was found with no clothes, sandals nearby, and what they think is her nylons to strangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?