SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Browns have a mortgage on the Holly Street property so they are not tenants.

Wonder how the Murdaugh Charter thing comes in?

We clearly haven't sorted the Holly Street ownership out. Most important — we still have the question then, why would Hampton LE need to go check Holly Street for victim (son)? And that was immediately since it was in report for June 7.

Wonder how the Murdaugh Charter thing comes in?

We clearly haven't sorted the Holly Street ownership out. Most important — we still have the question then, why would Hampton LE need to go check Holly Street for victim (son)? And that was immediately since it was in report for June 7.

The son was most likely BM and his DL probably has Holly Street as the address - same as AM.

My only problem with one of the M’s inserting their services the day of Stephen’s body being found without knowing diddly squat is as Sandy said, weird. I agree with that statement.

Jmo

In my opinion, there’s too much M family “volunteer” legal advice in cases where it seems inappropriate. But what do I know?

Does anyone know if there were dogs in the kennel?

Funny you should inquire. There are dogs barking on the 911 recording of AM talking to Colleton dispatcher that is linked on this thread.

I have not had time to go back to find link, but I was trying to recall if dogs were barking throughout the entire recording.

If not, that would indicate that AM was speaking near the kennels and near the bodies at one point, and at another time away from the kennels.

At one point he tells the dispatcher he wants to go back down to the bodies, which might indicate he’s in the house — and away from kennels. At that point we would probably not hear barking.

It also struck me today that if he was at more than one spot while talking to the dispatcher, I don’t recall a sense of him moving during the conversation.

For instance I didn't detect a car engine in background, or house doors closing, or if he was walking while talking, he never sounded winded or distracted.

All just my brain meandering. JMO. I think we need to re-listen and discuss.

Will try to find link to 911 call and listen again.

Last edited:
Funny you should inquire. There are dogs barking on the 911 recording of AM talking to Colleton dispatcher that is linked on this thread.

I have not had time to go back to find link, but I was trying to recall if dogs were barking throughout the entire recording.

If not, that would indicate that AM was speaking near the kennels and near the bodies at one point, and at another time away from the kennels.

At one point he tells the dispatcher he wants to go back down to the bodies, which might indicate he’s in the house.

It also struck me today that if he was at more than one spot while talking to the dispatcher, I don’t recall a sense of him moving during the conversation.

For instance I didn't detect a car engine in background, or house doors closing, or if he was walking while talking, he never sounded winded or distracted.

All just my brain meandering. JMO.

Will try to find link to 911 call and listen again.

Good point. Just listened again. The dogs are not heard at the start…and only at intervals. More loudly at one point toward the end.

There are no dogs barking at the start of the recording. As it moves on, it sounds like there is one dog barking close to the phone but my impression is it might be the family pet. I know we have seen photos of the family boating with a lab-type dog.

Toward the end of the recording I hear dogs barking, they seem more distant, and I'm thinking they may be the kennel dogs.

As far as AM being in different places during the recording and our making assumptions about that by whether or not we hear dogs, maybe the types of sounds I was listening for like the engines or the house door shutting were part of what was redacted.

One thing I did hear on this recording that I didn't remember from the first times I listened (from a different link) was that the first time the dispatcher mentions AM putting on his emergency flashers she says so LE will know where the kennels are. So at some point she establishes with AM that his car is near the crime scene. But before we hear the dogs barking toward the end AM says he's going to "go back down there."

I'm thinking he left his car down at the kennels after discovering the bodies and either took an ATV or Kubuta (or walked the quarter mile) up to the the house to make the call, where I hear what I think is the family pet.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
The two people currently linked to the Holly Street location are in legal services, as an attorney and paralegal. The attorney is a native of Hampton and can trace his family roots in Hampton County to the late 1700's.

Does anyone know if there were dogs in the kennel?

Perhaps you are asking if they were found in the kennel or outside of it? I know we heard the dogs barking at points in AM's 911 call....but its tough to know if they were inside or outside of their kennel at the time of that call.
I've always assumed the dogs were in the kennel during the commission of the crime and I have to think they were barking loudly.

One thing that gets sort of breezed by…is PM’s abuse of his girlfriend. IMO this is no small thing…it’s violence, maybe minor…but still violence that precedes a violent murder. What might it add to LE’s murder investigation?

In the depositions, she alleges that she was slapped, sworn at and spit on…and this abuse had happened other times. Wow.

Now, drinking to excess may be a commonplace “sin”among young people, but tolerance for verbal and actual physical abuse of women is not…in my opinion. I think culturally we’ve come a long way in that area. I should have thought, for the friends, this would be repellent to watch. And for the parents, intolerable in the extreme to hear about.

PM was abusing a young woman he’d had a long term relationship with and he expected her to take it and still stay with him. That’s vile. And that’s interesting.

And apparently she did…though she admits in her deposition that her Father hates PM. This was a relationship of several years duration just by looking at FB posts. But she stayed.

Did AM or MM know?

I would love to know more about this aspect of ‘Timmy’ and how and why it developed and why he was able to continue the abuse. Did this type of abuse…to a female that he perceived to be ‘weaker”…extend beyond the girlfriend? Would SS, walking alone, fit the category? Who else might?

Just this one aspect of PM’s behavior can present scenarios in many directions. From the moment, of course, all just speculation. And my unfactual opinions…and meanderings.

Housekeeper might also have been seen as weak or below him.

PM’s attitude and behavior in this area is alarming but I might also ask what was going on with the girlfriend that she put up with it? In my opinion she needs to look at that. (I am not saying it was her fault, but she hung around.) And his friends went along with it, too.

No doubt some “friends” wanted to enjoy PM’s toys and the life style his money would buy, but look at the cost.

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members