SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting pretty discouraged about this case. We are coming up shy of eight weeks with not even a person of interest.

I have no inside knowledge of LE process but it seems that they should have been able to collect and review cell phone records, the SUV black box, and most other forensics by now.

Yesterday we were questioning whether the firearms used were M’s. I feel like they must have been —they certainly must have had lots of guns around — but the shooters wore gloves.

BTW: I’ve been taught, to neutralize your target, you always shoot for the largest part of the body — the torso. The face does make it personal.

All opinions are mine only.

Is this taking a long time or am I impatient?

I am getting pretty discouraged about this case. We are coming up shy of eight weeks with not even a person of interest.

I have no inside knowledge of LE process but it seems that they should have been able to collect and review cell phone records, the SUV black box, and most other forensics by now.

Yesterday we were questioning whether the firearms used were M’s. I feel like they must have been —they certainly must have had lots of guns around — but the shooters wore gloves.

BTW: I’ve been taught, to neutralize your target, you always shoot for the largest part of the body — the torso. The face does make it personal.

It does seem to be taking forever. However, I prefer they get it right the first time. But, I also hope this isn't some kind of political cover up.

LE may very well have a POI...or two. There needs to be enough evidence gathered to prosecute successfully before an arrest(s).

You also have two other cases in the mix. Eight weeks is not such a long time. IMO

I’m feeling the same way the last few days. No new info at all. I’ve even thought back to that farm type equipment that was stolen from close by property & maybe it was just a robbery gone totally wrong. I know nothing supposedly taken but the robbers could have thought MM might have used her phone so they got out of there. I don’t know cause with all the things going on with family seems like more to it.

I’m feeling the same way the last few days. No new info at all. I’ve even thought back to that farm type equipment that was stolen from close by property & maybe it was just a robbery gone totally wrong. I know nothing supposedly taken but the robbers could have thought MM might have used her phone so they got out of there. I don’t know cause with all the things going on with family seems like more to it.

I have thought that too. I have thought road rage & PM was followed back and was then shot with MM running from the house being shot from distance, wounded ran for road dropped phone and was drug back and shot again.

Jmo

And I’ve lived in the Southeast all my life & no, the behavior PM exhibited toward his girlfriend is not normal. I’ve had friends (male & female) who would have tried to beat his a— for that. I would have tried to stop someone myself for that plus tried to get my friend to quit dating him. And appalled that he felt he could get away with that in public. I wondered why a beautiful young lady would put up with that. I guess the fact he only did it when drunk was the excuse. I do think those kids tried to protect PM before the boat crash. CC kept him from getting in a fight at the bar it looked like. I think he needed a full time bodyguard.

Exactly, we know next to nothing about what happened on the property that night.

LE may very well have a POI...or two. There needs to be enough evidence gathered to prosecute successfully before an arrest(s).

You also have two other cases in the mix. Eight weeks is not such a long time. IMO

I agree with you about the time frame but something about this stinks. I share the concern that @Razz mentions as well.

IMO, this is taking an inordinately long time for a case in which LE announced on the morning after the bodies were found that “there is no danger to the public.” When that kind of statement is made LE’s credibility hinges on a quick resolution. Something is wrong here.

I agree with you about the time frame but something about this stinks. I share the concern that @Razz mentions as well.
I hear what you're saying and cannot dismiss your concerns at all. I think while calling family to come to you in a time of such sorrow seems a normal thing, why and how they stayed and affected things and maybe integrated themselves into the incident is a troubling aspect.

IMO, this is taking an inordinately long time for a case in which LE announced on the morning after the bodies were found that “there is no danger to the public.” When that kind of statement is made LE’s credibility hinges on a quick resolution. Something is wrong here.

B I N G O. That statement, yet to be explained, has bugged me from day 1.

Don't give up hope! It is very early in the case. It takes time to collect and process the crime scene evidence and the electronic data (EVI, cell phone(s), laptops, tablets, surveillance footage) and then it all has to be analyzed. Covid backlogs may cause additional delays in processing evidence. As @riolove77 (who is a Prosecutor) has told us when we have started to get restless and impatient on other cases: Prosecutors only get one bite of the apple.

It took a year for them to charge Barry Morphew with killing his wife Suzanne and roughly 8 months to charge Fotis Dulos in the disappearance of his wife Jennifer. Lots of discussion on those threads about how long it was taking, would there ever be an arrest, they must not have a case, etc.

I would love to be privy to lots more information in this case but I expect the investigators will remain tight lipped in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

JMO

I hear what you're saying and cannot dismiss your concerns at all. I think while calling family to come to you in a time of such sorrow seems a normal thing, why and how they stayed and affected things and maybe integrated themselves into the incident is a troubling aspect.
IMO The digital evidence will be critical and I am curious if the FBI has been asked to join the investigation.

It tells me they knew it was a hit, intentional.
What ever was found or isn’t there to be found they have nothing to go on.
It tells me they knew it was a hit, intentional.
What ever was found or isn’t there to be found they have nothing to go on.
So very professional. Find Paul. (Motive love or money? I’m going to say he doesn’t have his own money yet, so it is related to some form of love….revenge.)Hit Tbox (head) and heart. Leave no clues. Kill the witness. In and out. The person who hired hitman ,or maybe a former soldier and a friend, has perfectly great and honest alibi. Everybody doesn’t talk, no one gets caught, especially if the shooter isn’t from around there. Police feel there is no danger for others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member