UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Logan, he must have been terrified and in so much pain - so helpless, only 5yrs old and unable to do anything to defend himself - absolutely heartbreaking and devastating. Thank goodness the younger one won’t be subjected to being brought up with them. It’s so sad. I wonder if social workers are being asked questions now.

Boy, five, who was found dead in river had internal head injury and broken collarbone

Step-father, 39, accused of murdering Logan Mwangi, five, who was found dead in river in court | Daily Mail Online

This is absolutely shocking. So heartbreaking, I can't understand how these crimes continue to happen. If only Logan's mother could have protected him and put his happiness and needs first this would probably have been prevented.
I hugged both my babies (7 & 5! But will always be my babies) extra tight tonight when tucking them into bed.

RIP beautiful Logan

SITTING AT 02:15 pm
For Preliminary Hearing
T20217285 COLE John M CVALM 1 CROWN PROSECUTION SERVICE SE WALES
62CL0590021
WILLIAMSON Angharad
62CL0590021
62CL0590021
AW via CVP HMP con 2pm, JC & Youth def to be produced

That isn’t true, in the case of Lindsay Birbeck, the gallery was open, Rocky Price even appeared on court listings. There is a difference between reporting restrictions and anonymity.

I thought kids 10-17 can only be attend a youth court now? I think the law changed after the Bulger case, where children who go to youth courts automatically receive anonymity, which means no public gallery - I could be wrong though.
Or is it because it's a murder case it's crown court? :confused:
@Alyce ?

It will be crown court because of the charge. SpursGyal has already summarised the difference between reporting restrictions and anonymity. Several courts have had galleries using CVS but the spaces are limited. I don’t know if anything has changed in light of the changing COVID restrictions.

Unless the injuries were as a result
Of the football, but then you would think the neighbours would have heard something at that time if he had been injured. The upstairs flat must be able to give a pretty good timeline surely, even if it’s just banging etc.

I think unlikely to be a football injury given three separate severe injuries and if this was the case why not take him to the hospital as he would have clearly been in pain.

As a survivor of domestic violence, I escaped and relocated so thankfully nothing like this, I did wonder if the mother was coerced/gaslighted, maybe he hurt Logan and then told the mum that he'd say it was her, she was would go to jail, never see the baby, etc and she fearfully went along with it, but I can't come to terms with the dramatics, the shouting about the door being open, all to look like an abduction.
I'm surprised at the 13 year old being charged, surely, faced with the body of a little boy and your violent father telling you what to say, any 13 year old would have been in fear and gone along with it?
In court, the mother was quoted as saying "He's dead, he's dead" I wonder if that quote came from the 13 year olds statement?
I think all children from high school onwards should be taught about coercive control and domestic violence.

So very glad you are safe @altyg .Excellent point about teaching control and domestic violence in school.

These people effectively fly tipped their murdered son. I dread to hear about older injuries on Logan.

I'm in shock reading about the injuries to little Logan. I didn't think he died as the result of a pure accident, or even semi-accident, because why cover something like that up instead of taking him to hospital?

But thinking of that poor little boy left to die in pain and misery, and then his body just dumped like that? I don't understand how anyone can hurt a child :(

Covid unforunately has seen a huge rise in these cases, kids at home a lot more, not leaving the house or going to school therefore bruises and injuries aren't a problem. Also more time at home means more arguments. I imagine this has been going on since Covid first hit and just got worse and worse. Poor little baby, hope he is at peace now :(

Of all the cases I've followed on here, I don't think I can recall one that's made me feel as absolutely appalled and disgusted as this. That poor, poor little boy. 5 years old and died from such horrific injuries inflicted by the very ones who he thought would protect and love him. There should be special prisons for people found guilty of crimes such as this. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard