Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad!

During a break, Morphew turned around to face his two daughters and appeared to smile from behind his mask, his hands in his pockets. They took off their masks so he could see their smiles. One of them showed him how long her hair had grown.
Colorado husband accused of killing wife appears in court - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic
Interesting about the hair. Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if he's one of those men who protests when one of his "women" cuts their hair.

I haven't gone through todays posts, so not sure this was covered. We knew SMs phone was never found. Apparently her phone charger, which had been plugged in next to bed, is missing as well.

I haven't gone through todays posts, so not sure this was covered. We knew SMs phone was never found. Apparently her phone charger, which had been plugged in next to bed, is missing as well.
That’s something with no logical explanation.

Barry doesn’t appear to have staged Suzanne taking off, based on the location of the bike, the helmet, and his obsession with the “cat.”

Also, people don’t generally take their chargers with them when they go on a bike ride.

So I’ve got to believe that Barry just grabbed the phone and charger in haste, and disposed of them at the same time.

Its bizarre any way you look at it.

@NoSI Do you think JL will appear as a witness? Do you know who the remaining six may be?
He should be called at trial, but not at the preliminary. Like Sheila’s statements, they were entered into the record by an investigator.

Other witnesses will likely be other investigators, to include an FBI phone expert.

I’d be surprised if all the witnesses weren’t professionals.

I was a huge fan of some sort of crime of passion, that is, up until he was charged with first degree murder.

Something had to have indicated that Barry planned this, and I don’t think it’s something as small as him listening to forensic files in his car.

Knowing just what we know now, it does seem completely plausible that Barry discovered these communications and snapped. I think the timing also helps this argument (last communication is really close to the time Barry allegedly began the coverup).

But, it’s also possible that Suzanne had already made Barry aware of her intentions to leave him that weekend, and the timing is a coincidence.

We know from MG that Barry was supposedly acting strange at the job site that morning. If I recall, he left at around 11. That leaves over 3 hours until Suzanne’s last communication with JL, and the commencement of the coverup.

I think there’s a decent chance that Barry stopped on the way home, and perhaps made purchases that would indicate a premeditated crime.

They got to first degree murder somehow; hopefully we’ll know the answer tomorrow.
BBM

Suzanne was afraid of Barry. MOO this is the last thing she would have done is told him of her a fair. He was already Jekle and Hyde. She couldn't risk being thrown at a closet or pinned to a bed again---or god forbid thrown at a wall, slapped, beaten, choked etc........ Even MM suggested a restraining order.

Letting out the affair was dangerous.

MOO is she drew the line and had made her intentions of leaving over that weekend. She had brought it up before to him.

He had to go home and talk her out of it, ask for forgiveness again, get her to see 70x7 again, whatever it took. $$$$ was on the line. He couldnt let this end in a divorce.

Lets say she was adamant.

Did he suggest going and getting lunch and going on a relaxing drive, ya know make the wife happy?

What happened after the sandwhich shop? From the sounds of it there is no blood in the home. So where did they go? Did he choke her as someone suggested. Did he push her off a cliff as someone suggested.

Hmmmm.........

Last edited:
This JL was her boyfriend before BM?
BM was a lot older than Suzanne, not at HS same time.
I think he knew she was the richest gal he would have a chance with, pulled out all the stops to win her, bet that is also why he couldn't keep it going it going as a decent husband, got abusive.
Like Fotis Dulos, he found marrying for money was a terrible job especially as you get older.
And then of course ultimately the unloved person wants out.
They say, “when you marry for money, you pay for it every day.”

At the end of his testimony, Stanley asked Walker to confirm Barry claimed he left his home for Broomfield at 5 a.m. on May 10. Walker said this was true. Stanley also confirmed through him that the data in Barry’s truck showed “door activity” at 3:26 a.m.
^^rsbm

Regarding door activity on Sunday at 3:26 AM -- this would follow where BM leaves PM at 3:26 AM and his truck then heard outside MG's Salida residence around 4AM. MOO

Why would that be missing? She wouldn't need it on her "bike ride". Shouldn't be anything incriminating about it. Unless he used it to strangle her. MOO.

edit: jinx @MassGuy

That’s something with no logical explanation.

Barry doesn’t appear to have staged Suzanne taking off, based on the location of the bike, the helmet, and his obsession with the “cat.”

Also, people don’t generally take their chargers with them when they go on a bike ride.

So I’ve got to believe that Barry just grabbed the phone and charger in haste, and disposed of them at the same time.

Its bizarre any way you look at it.

Maybe there was an argument, she started to pack a bag to leave him, threw her charger and a couple of clothes in a tote or even just in her purse. Argument escalated.. maybe she was headed out to the car, he killed her outside. Scoops up her (and her tote or purse), and off to dispose of her.

I will be curious to learn if her purse was missing.

Why would that be missing? She wouldn't need it on her "bike ride". Shouldn't be anything incriminating about it. Unless he used it to strangle her. MOO.

edit: jinx @MassGuy

It would be missing because Suzanne took it with her when she ran off to Equador. (In BM's mind.)

We probably need to keep looking at this from the perspective of a murdering husband who is trying to cover his trail, perhaps in multiple ways.

Last edited:
Ohh... When BM was asked about leaving in the morning on 5/10 for Broomfield....

He would have turned right on US 50 to head towards Denver metro area, but said he turned left (towards Monarch Pass). Freudian slip? I am pretty sure this was said today, but did not write it down. Hopefully vehicle data will help...

I really have to salute all of you who persistently carried on with this case. For the support shown for Lauren! That was so important and no doubt will be borne out more as the case progresses. We need reporters who stick their neck out.

Was on edge of seat all day.

Cannot really concile the lover's silence.

Lauren tweeted: Investigators never found Suzanne Morphew's phone or the charger she leaves plugged in next her bed. So investigators had what was backed up on the iCloud as well as phone records from the phone company. Eytan asked, if Suzanne had a simcard. Harris said no.

So does this mean Suzanne's phone could not ping off of towers? How is this possible? If she just used wifi to make calls, would it use a tower? How can a cell phone not have a sim card?

Didn't Melinda say Suzanne's Mom was Methodist and they were raised in that church? I think it was also where she took her very last selfie. The look in her eyes and her expression is haunting. Almost as if she's taunting Barry, I wonder how he felt when he saw this photo.

9873efaee7435d44ace50b25bde94a16_md.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member