Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did he plan to hike with her to the place he had pre-prepared to dump her? But she wasn't having it, so he tranquilized her and drove her there?

I'm confused about when exactly he wiped the truck's motherboard.
I thought the selfie of Suzanne (her last ever) was taken on Saturday, May 9th? So when did she go for that ride on Methodist Mountain, before Barry got home?

9 month amnesia. Classic.

Defense is making the argument that the cell phone data showing Barry moving around home as soon as he arrived home the day Suzanne went missing is inaccurate

Barry says he was shooting chipmunks, though only told investigators that nine months into case

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1425193052658798592?s=21

Last edited:
Yes you're right! I just noticed that. Maybe he realized that it's a really bad idea to put into writing the last destination of your wife. Know what I mean? After he did it, he realized, hmm, that's probably not a good idea--it will lead anyone looking at these texts directly to the spot if they then look at GPS data. However, he might have come home and talked to her in person and said something completely different to convince her. In that case the text message would seem to mislead investigators. Then Susan mentioned the hot tub stuff. That leaves me to wonder about drowning. Eek!

Good observation.. it was the “where” that was avoided being answered.. So if this line of speculation is possible, he wanted to pick her up and have her ride with him.

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response) Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff

Last edited:
That is a different case, one that is in the history books. Let's discuss this one.

You brought it up as similar to this. So I want to know why you think the prosecution there was inept?

Over the years people often bring up that one case among thousands of high profile murder cases, in order to claim that whatever other case they’re discussing has a high probability of ending in a not guilty verdict as well.

But upon review, those who claim prosecutorial ineptitude in the case don’t seem to have the facts correct, which renders it an even less apt comparison and no cautionary tale.

That’s why I asked what you think they did that was inept. Again, you brought up the case.

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1425185309285928966?s=20

This tweet is intriguing as it starts to point towards BM accessing SM’s Facebook account.

Also intriguing are the text messages Saturday morning between BM and SM. Wanna go for a hike… Go get hot tub stuff

I wonder if BM had figured out a way to create that whole conversation himself and this make it look like SM wanted Chlorine to be purchased but the whole time BM was trying to set up an alibi for why he purchased the chlorine.

So there is a thing called ‘spoofing’ which essentially lets you impersonate someone else for text, calls or chats.

Spoofing Evidence — Technology Safety

This my MOO, but I don’t believe the Saturday morning texts between BM and SM were between them. I believe they were between BM and BM (impersonating SM).

It would be too much of a coicindenxe for SM to request hot tub stuff (ie Chrlorine). I think BM created the hiking scenario to make it seem like all was well, and the hot tub store scenario to give an alibi for why he needed chlorine.

Yet, it was nothing more than his premeditated plan to kill SM that afternoon. And this why he was acting so off to MG Saturday morning.

Edit to add one more link on this topic of spoofing and criminal cases:
Text messages require expert witnesses (Four reasons) - Solomon Criminal Defense

It is common in domestic violence and I’m sure something that the FBI is familiar with and has looked in to. Although, I’d imagine that info won’t come out in the prelim but maybe it will.

Last edited:
Coward had no intentions of killing himself.
Just one of many manipulations. I think he used all kinds of tactics in order to get what he wanted which was, ultimately, the money. Any claims that he wanted to work things out or apologize were just manipulations in order to make sure everything was in place for him to get his hands on her money. Unfortunately, when Suzanne put all of her money in the house, it was over for her. She'd comingled everything, and the next step was to get rid of her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. There was something very odd to me about her sisters interview regarding SM and Barry. Very very odd. I've never been in an abusive relationship or had the kind of family dynamics that seemed to be going on within the Moorman family, so maybe that explains it? I couldn't figure out what her angle was or what she was doing or getting at. I can't even explain what I didn't understand because it was so confusing to me!
MOO She like everyone was afraid of BM and always had been.

@CarolAMcKinley
Morphew atty Dru NIelsen questioning Agent Grusing says Barry Morphew spoke with investigators 23X from May 10 til the end of 2020. None of those times did he mention that he shot chipmunks. This in reference to why his cellphone showed he was running around the house on the 10th

4:31 PM · Aug 10, 2021·Twitter Web App

So there is a thing called ‘spoofing’ which essentially lets you impersonate someone else for text, calls or chats.

Spoofing Evidence — Technology Safety

This my MOO, but I don’t believe the Saturday morning texts between BM and SM were between them. I believe they were between BM and BM (impersonating SM).

It would be too much of a coicindenxe for SM to request hot tub stuff (ie Chrlorine). I think BM created the hiking scenario to make it seem like all was well, and the hot tub store scenario to give an alibi for why he needed chlorine.

Yet, it was nothing more than his premeditated plan to kill SM that afternoon. And this why he was acting so off to MG Saturday morning.

Wow, very good observation. You may very well be right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquín Tórrez