Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Scott Reisch FB. Video at the link:

A lot to digest still from the Barry Morphew preliminary trial. What were your biggest takeaways?
Here's one video I took of daughters Macy and Mallory inside the courthouse before the second day. Barry's attorney Iris Eytan is pointing towards the room they'll wait in before they are allowed in the courtroom.

Or a man who looks weak and frail to a jury. Much much too brittle to have killed his wife. He’s gross.
[QUOTE
At the risk of sounding snarky, he can't get his tips frosted in the pokey.

yawningreyhoun]

Being so vain, he certainly is aware how he is deteriorating in his appearance.:):):)
YIPPEE.
A frizzled, ugly creep will appear at the next hearing, as the stress increases.
Looking forward to more ugly photos of this Creep.[/QUOTE]

I believe so too. And he still made mistakes. The one thing he did was to hide her body well apparently. He must not have considered how many murderers are sentenced with circumstantial evidences.

Choosing the right jury is critical. While it’s easy for me to believe he murdered Suzanne, there may be that one juror who gives him a pass.

Great thoughts! Suzanne initiating contact with an old high school fling, meeting up in motel rooms and exchanging naked selfies with the father of 6, isn’t going to sit well with everyone. Will it be enough for one juror to give BM a pass? In my opinion, testimony from a first hand witness saying that BM ‘smacked’ Suzanne around and was physically abusive, will cancel out any sympathies that BM is generating.

Also chasing and shooting a .22 at chipmunks on that property seems dangerous for the overshoot to RV park, neighbors.
It is one thing if he had predetermined safe corridor where they cross into his zone, but chasing them around the house like he is in a first person shooter game?
MOO that is not safe, and probably never happened, the girls will know.

Yes, it's sad. Hopefully time will heal the wounds. I don't think Andy was thinking of the girls when he said in interviews that he thought Barry was a murderer. Other family members may be more accepted quicker or they may just end up estranged for a long time.
And, does it really matter? Their mother, IMO, is on a higher plane, full of knowledge other than we earthly mortals. IMO, she would wish for them to carry on in life no matter what they believe. Just flourish and move on.
MOO.

I wasn’t aware she had talked with Mallory. I’ve had the impression Mallory was a daddy’s girl anyway. I’m a bit disappointed that Macy told investigators she never saw physical abuse after advising her mom to get a restraining order. Why would she tell her mom to do that if she hadn’t seen the abuse? I would think instead she would try to be the peacemaker.
It's one thing to discuss these personal matters within your family. It's another thing to do it with officials. It also could be out of fear that she lied for her father. After all, she didn't know if or when her father would be arrested.

I've always seen Mallory as being closer to her father and Macy being closer to her mother. Both girls may now stand united (at least, publicly) behind their father.

JMO.

Down the rabbithole I went: deer farming
This is a New Zealand site about deer farming and darts and drugs. Fentanyl is right up there. If Barry was a licensed deer farmer (he was back in Indiana), could he get his hands on drugs for herd management? I have to look. Further, darts are expensive. How much would it cost him to dart 85 chipmunks? Not cost effective. Anyone see a dart size? Most darts that I am looking at are for animals certainly larger than a chipmunk. Kind of tough to hit a running chipmunk with a big dart. The smallest dart is probably half the size of the critter. That’s a tough shot.

Sure, but even a vaccine injection can bleed. I think the velocity of a propelled dart on human skin would be traumatic. Plus the eventual fall, if there was this running around period the prosecutors suggested.

I’m mostly questioning the running around/chasing scenario. That alone sounds like it could easily end up bloody.

MOO
How deep do those darts penetrate? Could it hit an artery?

It's one thing to discuss these personal matters within your family. It's another thing to do it with officials. It also could be out of fear that she lied for her father. After all, she didn't know if or when her father would be arrested.

I've always seen Mallory as being closer to her father and Macy being closer to her mother. Both girls may now stand united (at least, publicly) behind their father.

JMO.

There’s a chance the daughters are, from their perspective, standing behind their father and their mother, believing that the real cause of her disappearance is still “out there” waiting to be discovered as blame is placed on their father in error.

MOO

I think the following says it all:

Crime Talk with Scott Reisch@CrimeTalkPod

Suzanne thought Barry was “simple” and not “stimulating in conversation”. She thought Libler was more into her for her brain and enjoyed their conversations more. Libler said he wanted to “get her on her own” but still not away from her girls.

9:31 AM · Aug 10, 2021·

ETA: I'm recalling the comment that BM would allegedly tell SM how one day she would "find her Fred." (i.e., Fred, her stepdad, was a medical doctor. Did BM mean to imply not a simple, landscaper)?
That's how I took it. I felt it was sarcastic. I looked at it like him saying: "I'm just go to meet my maker, Is that what you want. Then you can find your Fred."

Last edited:
More likely a person would tranquilize a predator animal...not the deer.

If there is zero connection to Suzanne at the river site, why would prosecution introduce it during the preliminary or use it in a trial? That would play well with the defense but doesn't support any of the theories. IF the river site DOES support the prosecution perhaps it will be used at trial. But I think there are some things that won't be part of the prosecution because they don't support their charges.

BBM

The tranqs would be used for the deer, in the event they needed to be treated or moved.

Predators are killed.

Down the rabbithole I went: deer farming
This is a New Zealand site about deer farming and darts and drugs. Fentanyl is right up there. If Barry was a licensed deer farmer (he was back in Indiana), could he get his hands on drugs for herd management? I have to look. Further, darts are expensive. How much would it cost him to dart 85 chipmunks? Not cost effective. Anyone see a dart size? Most darts that I am looking at are for animals certainly larger than a chipmunk. Kind of tough to hit a running chipmunk with a big dart. The smallest dart is probably half the size of the critter. That’s a tough shot.

I don't think Barry said he was shooting chipmunks with darts. He just said he was shooting them (probably w/.22) - to explain his movements around the house, rather than explaining the darts/tranquilizer.

jmoo

I have no doubt they saw them or heard them yelling at each other. And they are old enough to have heard stories from friends whose parents divorced. Kids talk about these things amongst themselves. I was always surprised how much my kids knew about other kids' parents marriages.

Lots of parents bicker and argue in front of their children. Sometimes they yell and throw stuff but the majority of them don't murder their spouses. So even if SM told the younger MM that the marriage was irrevocably broken and she was fearful of BM I could see a daughter who may favour one parent over another to give a flippant answer and say "then get a divorce or a restraining order." That exact scenario played out with a late friend of mine. She continually harped to her children on how bad her husband was and slowly but surely they felt more concern for their dad than their mom because she made life unlivable for everyone. I'm not saying this happened with S and B but living in an armed camp can be very stressful for the kids, especially if they are at the age the MM's are.

And we don't know how many times the subject may have come up in the last year or so. You can get inured to that kind of talk. I also find it strange that SM spoke to her daughter(s) regarding a divorce before she spoke to BM, or at least that's what I can gather. I think both those girls are daddy's girls and most likely went to DOD and told/confronted him. If it was an attempt to have them in her corner I don't think it worked. I don't think it's ever a good idea to make your children your confidants.

None of that excuses his boorish behavior and his controlling, hateful nature but it does highlight how fragile Suzanne's safety was living with that man. She had so many opportunities to leave but thought they could do it civilly.

I'm only on page 4 at the moment, but I would appreciate something clarified in case the data is not ahead of me.

Where is the information coming from that there were no sheets on Mallory's bed?

This one tiny issue is not easily googled for the proper origin. Is it true or is it an assumption? TIA

Why does anyone feel bed linens were in the clothes dryer at the PP home? It's certainly fine if that's the case but I have never seen the origin of that information either.
I believe the only thing published was that Mal's "bed was stripped." This was explained as guest prep: a friend was traveling with the girls and would be staying at the house.

I don't recall any tweets citing the sheets missing or if they were located inside the washer/dryer or cupboard. I think the info here is still outstanding and all we have are assumptions. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname