CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysti88c

Mysti88c Well-Known Member

A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
    Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
    CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
    Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
    Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
    riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
    Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
    otto is a Verified Expert
    Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
    angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
    gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
    Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
    lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
    NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
    Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2021

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

3. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Mod Reminder:
    NO
    sleuthing someone not named a POI

4. mainemom376

mainemom376 Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, asking again because last thread closed after my post. Does anyone know if the daughters have been able to visit him? Thanks

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

@Niner - I also added it to the media thread.

Puzzles8, windrower, jakat and 11 others like this.
  6. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

I don’t think any reporter has commented on it. Monday a reporter tweeted that one of the girls was showing BM how much her hair had grown. So that sounds like they haven’t seen each other in awhile.
    JMO

IHAVENOCLUE, Rolo, katydid23 and 24 others like this.
  7. Cindizzi

@branmuffin
    I wanted to reply to you but the thread closed.
    You asked if BM phone pinging at home Saturday afternoon was inside or outside.
    Some of it must have been outside for him to answer that he was shooting poor little critters. JMO
    https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425191119059574785?s=21

Defense says Grusing asked #BarryMorphew why his phone was roaming around their property. He asked Barry if he was looking for "her" Barry says that's when he was shooting chipmunks. Defense argues Grusing testified that he doesn't know if the phone was bouncing around or still.

Lyanna, Alcina, Rolo and 18 others like this.
  8. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

If BM arrived home and, per the phone data, moved around the exterior of the house (looking for chipmunks to shoot :rolleyes: ) does that suggest he didn't go inside the home until after coming across SM in the backyard sunning herself and sending selfies?

Because that might suggest (maybe) that the gun with the tranquilizer darts was either stashed outside the home (seems unlikely to me) or he had it in his vehicle with him (seems more likely to me). Or else he had to go inside to get it at some point before shooting SM.

MOO

Personally the most incriminating data to me, as someone asked yesterday, is the detailed truck data about doors opening, when it's in gear vs park, etc. There is still a lot of that data missing and I hope it will provide good information when it becomes known.

One observation after reading @Niner 's great summary -- his truck arrives home at 2:44pm. At 4:44pm the doors open and close. At 5:33pm the truck's system is rebooted.

So, the truck gets rebooted and yet the data from less than an hour earlier is still visible? How little time was "blanked out" by this reboot then? Or maybe the rebooter thought it would erase some data but it actually didn't?

Again, MOO

9. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

After hearing about the tranquilizer dart I wondered where he might have gotten a sedative to use with it. I wondered if maybe firefighters carried some sort of tranquilizing device when the fought wildfires to protect them against bears etc. In going down the google rabbit hole I came across this news article : Is Ketamine the New Police Weapon Against Black Lives? and within that article was this sentence: "In Colorado, 90 fire departments and emergency medical agencies can legally use ketamine to treat people who are agitated or aggressive." I wish there was a way to see if the firehouse that Barry belonged to was one of them!

10. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Tonight we go live at 10:00 PM EASTERN with Chris McDonough from The Interview Room.

11. Herat

Herat Way out West

Oh, great find.

That and the dart 4 pack where one is missing will be able to give LE some idea of the dose and drug that was in the dart he used.

Poor SM. What a level of horror this is.

12. Cindizzi

13. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

I also wondered about ketamine. Also, I remembered about a young man in CO who died in 2019 after first responders gave him ketamine. Sad story.

I’ve wondered, too, why a dart with tranquilizer. Surely BM could’ve just gotten ahold of some type of medication and “spiked” her food or drink one day if he wanted to? I do remember he is anti-meds/drugs but one would think that if he’s ok with murder he’s ok with bending his own rules :rolleyes:

Just thinking out loud here.

LaborDayRN, Lyanna, CalmSeas and 21 others like this.
  14. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

15. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

No blood, no fight. Simplifies things if she is incapacitated. He could drown Suzanne, strangle her, remove her from the premises and kill her elsewhere. If he listens to true crime, as it appears he does, he may have been concerned about signs of a struggle. Plus he’s a hunter. Subdue his prey.I am not yet on board with him chasing Suzanne around after he darted her, unless the investigators are able to show additional evidence besides the cell phones data.

16. Willowwood26

Willowwood26 Well-Known Member

It was asked in previous thread but I didn’t see a response. How is it the defense can use different cell phone data software and not disclose it ahead of time to prosecution?

17. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

That’s shocking.

It’s been decades since I’ve worked in the veterinary field, but iirc ketamine was kept in the drug safe and all doses used were logged. Missing ketamine should show up on records.

18. Cindizzi

First thing I thought of when I saw ketamine was Elijah. That was so sad. It’s spurred a new law at least that only trained EMT’s can administer it.

Colorado ketamine bill signed into law, limits police influence on sedative's use | FOX31 Denver

I wonder, too what BM might have used.

19. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

You have to be a vet or someone requiring a prescription.
    You would think he would have dumped the other 3 and their box.

20. Because she was "prey" to him? In his mind she had been dehumanized, especially because he knew divorce was imminent. He enjoyed/took a special pleasure in killing her in that premeditated manner.
    JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.