Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to know what Barry says he and Suzanne had for dinner on Saturday night. Was there trash from dinner, leftovers in the fridge, plates in a dish drainer? Was the bed made? Where exactly were those stripped sheets-folded neatly, still in the washer or dryer? Was Barry that good to think of every single thing to make it appear as if Suzanne was alive and asleep in bed on Mother’s Day at 5 am?
I would presume the bedsheets were stripped when Holly and the girls went on the camping trip. Also if they don’t clean the lint trap every load it could be the cap was in a shorts pocket just as easily the sheets and went through the wash and got caught during the dry cycle prior to the 9th.

I've been confused with the timelines so I went and wrote my own simplified timeline for just May 9th and 10th that gives me a better picture of things. Am I allowed to post that? I don't want to type it all out for it to get removed. It would be something like this....

May 9

12:00 am- Incoming call to Suzphone

1:00am- ↨ I can condense the hours where nothing happens↨

2:00am-

2:17am - Outgoing call to Suzphone

3:00am-

4:00am-

5:eek:oam-

6:00am - Barphone is active

7:00am-

8:00am-

9:00am-

9:50am - text from Barry " You want to hike?"
9:52am - text from Suz " Where?"

etc, etc.... It helped to have it all lined up like that. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and I appreciate all the stuff that has been posted but those timelines get a little confusing. What I've done is just merged them into a simple time-line. Can I post that? Thanks.

I think he was more concerned for his own skin at that point. Shock, guilt, fear of exposure and losing his family.
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!”
6. months. of. silence.
If LE hadn't discovered him by this or another means, a cloak of silence would still exist.
I'd divorce him on that basis alone.
JMO

I was a good few hours behind in the threads and desperately wanted to make a comment on threads 69/70 about this tranquilliser cap but couldn’t because the threads were locked.
But firstly I need to ascertain what happens at your pre trial hearing that is currently taking place and if it is comparable to the U.K.
The pre trial hearing in the U.K. is effectively testing the evidence to ascertain if there is sufficient for a full trial to go ahead at a later date.
Therefore, the Prosecution and Defence will select certain witness statements and/or exhibits and expert witnesses and forensic scientists etc and have a sort of’ ‘Voire Dire’ ( hope that is spelled correctly) which means a trial within a trial . Now this is not exactly a trial within a trial but it is a mini trial to enable both the State and Defence to choose a selection of the evidence which they believe will help the trial judge decide if the evidence is strong enough for the full trial to go ahead at a later date. So I presume that the selection of evidence chosen will be some of your best and certainly in the U.K., the Prosecution have to give the Defence a list of what evidence that they will rely on. The Defence are supposed to give an overview of what they want to rely upon during this hearing in order to refute the charges against their client, but often don’t bother or it is so vaguely worded that it adds no value and generally they get away with this too.
Consequently, you will only hear a portion of the available evidence during this 4 day hearing .
Is my assumption correct if anyone of the verified attorneys can confirm? Is it a virtual similar process in the USA?
The reason that I ask is because if the Prosecution don’t use all their golden nuggets of evidence now, they will use it during the full trial . So we won’t necessarily get to know all of the evidence that they have especially because currently the AA is sealed.
So back to the tranquilliser dart cap. If it was found in the clothes dryer, one would presume that clothes have been washed and then BM has , once the wash cycle has finished, transferred said clothes directly to the dryer. Therefore it will be interesting to find out if the FBI or LE took the washing machine as an exhibit because when clothes are washed , there is always a residue of water left in the outlet pipe and before now , I have had a forensic scientist take swabs of the water and if there is a sufficient amount, take a sample of the water. This can then be tested to see if there are traces of either ketamine or fentanyl etc and this will then open up another trail of evidence in proving what exactly was in the tranquilliser gun and what’s Barry’s first hand account explanation on interview and does it correlate ( I suspect that it won’t now he’s had a chance to think about it ). So then it opens up the line of enquiry as to where he may have obtained it and when abs ultimately what for if it’s a substance that he doesn’t ordinarily use when hunting or as a firefighter etc . They may not have done this if the wash machine has since been used after he washed his clothes but taking a bet on that , with his girls not initially staying in the house, I bet it wasn’t used again before the warrant was executed and who knows , there could be golden nuggets if evidence such as this that we are yet to hear about and which will tie BM in knots . I watch with baited breath !
Wow @Angleterre so awesome to see you - we don’t know what evidence they took yet- but the preliminary hearing is used to determine if he should go to trial- the Judge IMO is giving the defense a lot of leeway but I’m also thinking there is a lot in the 129 page AA that we haven’t heard about - @OldCop and I are working on a slimmed down version of these key events from the 2 day hearing - we have 2 more days in 2 weeks for the rest of the hearing

So I just had a thought:

According to yesterday’s testimony, Barry brought up the excuse of shooting chipmunks, to explain his phone movements around the time Suzanne is believed to have been murdered.

He waited an astounding 9 months to reveal this to investigators.

Now, we know a tranquilizer cap was found in the dryer, and one dart from a pack of 4 was missing (Carol McKinley tweet I posted earlier).

The FBI agent was interested in what weapon Barry was using to hunt chipmunks, as he knew that a 22 could fire those tranquilizers.

Interestingly, the “short rifle” charge is dated between May 9, and March 4 of the following year.

I think this tranquilizer shooting 22 rifle, may in fact be the “short rifle” in the weapons charge.

It’s interesting that the chipmunk story and weapon charge date is so close in time.
Darn you beat me to that!
On a related thought, Suzanne's date of death is "between 5/9 and 5/10". If she was shot with a tranquilizer dart, capable of taking down a bear, how long would the poison take to end her life?

I think BM might have normally carried a loaded tranquiler gun (.22) in his truck. Just in case he ran into any unfriendly wildlife on a job site , bears not chipmunks. So he had that at hand in his truck. I don't think he would normally carry the illegal short gun in his truck.

Maybe he used the short gun to end her life later that day, but I don't think he did so on their property. So that still leaves me with the question, how did LE know the short gun was involved in ending her life, without finding her body?

JMO,MOO, etc.....

As far as what happened after Barry tranquilized her (I’m convinced this is the state’s theory), I think there are two likely possibilities:

He immediately suffocated or strangled her.

He drowned her in the hot tub.

I think the next session should make it clear if chlorine factors in at all, which would increase the odds of the second option being the case.
Ding ding ding I’m thinking the hot tub factors in

I have a question about this 4-5:30 time... Everything LE does is almost down to the second why did they say he arrived 4 to 5:30? that is a huge gap.

Or did they just give enough information to leave the rest for the trial??
If I remember correctly, I think the employees told LE he was at the store between 4-5:30.

EDIT: Spellcheck

I've been confused with the timelines so I went and wrote my own simplified timeline for just May 9th and 10th that gives me a better picture of things. Am I allowed to post that? I don't want to type it all out for it to get removed. It would be something like this....

May 9

12:00 am- Incoming call to Suzphone

1:00am- ↨ I can condense the hours where nothing happens↨

2:00am-

2:17am - Outgoing call to Suzphone

3:00am-

4:00am-

5:eek:oam-

6:00am - Barphone is active

7:00am-

8:00am-

9:00am-

9:50am - text from Barry " You want to hike?"
9:52am - text from Suz " Where?"

etc, etc.... It helped to have it all lined up like that. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and I appreciate all the stuff that has been posted but those timelines get a little confusing. What I've done is just merged them into a simple time-line. Can I post that? Thanks.

Yes, please do!

We don't know what "all that" chlorine is. Could be a normal amount someone would keep on hand for a hot tub. Remember Suzanne sent him a text reminding him to stop and get pool supplies.

I am way behind. Just wanted to add that it is my job in my house to take care of the hot tub and pool. I have taken care of pools off and on most of my life. Do we know that BM purchased chlorine? The chlorine BM would have purchased for a hot tub would have been in a powder or tablet form. Liquid chlorine is unstable and would wear off too fast to be useful.

this probably doesn't mean anything. Just food for thought.

^^bbm

Yes, all this during daylight hours! o_O

The State's theory is SM is sunbathing behind the house, takes a selfie, and sends it to JL at 2:03pm.

BM phones/texts SM and says he's on his way home. BM arrives home at 2:44 and for 3 minutes, races around the back of the house allegedly chasing SM to gun her down, using a 22 rifle equipped with the tranquilizer. At 2:47, BM puts his phone in airplane mode. [Several months later, BM confirms he was behind the house at this time shooting chipmuncks].

The truck doesn't move until 4:44pm when the driver's door closes. [don't know if the truck moves after sitting for 2 hours].

The driver door opens again at 5:33pm, and then the power system is removed/system reboots. I presume the reboot wipes the memory but this is speculation only.

IMO, it sounds just as crazy that BM drives home from town (warning SM that he's on his way) and goes straight to the back of the house and begins shooting rodents, as it does going straight to shooting his wife! I'm gonna need better than this!

Crime Talk with Scott Reisch@CrimeTalkPod

At 2:47 his phone goes into airplane mode Suzanne got messages after 2:47 from Libler but did not respond. No movement of truck until 4:44 pm - driver door closes and driver door opens 5:33 pm - power removed system reboot on truck - not sure what caused this action

10:06 AM · Aug 10, 2021·

Truck was at residence at 2:44 pm and door opens. Phone moves around the house in a ‘pattern’ according to coordinates. Barry confirms the movement of cellphone around exterior of house from 2:44 to 2:47. Barry says ‘I shoot chipmunks’ ‘I’ve shot 82’. He was using a 22.

10:05 AM · Aug 10, 2021

May 9, 2020. Lindsey shows pic to Grusing It’s a selfie of Suzanne that was sent to Jeff Libler on LinkedIn at 2:03pm. Barry calls and texts Susanne on his way home. Barry gets home at 2:44pm.

9:58 AM · Aug 10, 2021

Grusing theory that #BarryMorphew did something to Suzanne when he got home at 2:44pm. Ran around the house and was ‘most likely chasing Suzanne while she is conscious’. Nielsen: how would this be possible? He is traveling at 30 mph?

3:02 PM · Aug 10, 2021

EDITED! Crap I think Lauren should have put 2:47 pm. Not a.m.

Emily Litella voice : never mind

Well what was he doing during this time? Wouldn’t need 2 hours 45 minutes to chuck the bike .. and he did all his trash dumps later.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1424775797135626245?s=21

On May 10, from 2:47 a.m. - 5:30 a.m. Barry Morphew took steps in disposing of evidence according to activity on cell phones and truck. Neilsen is referring to Page 2 of the arrest affidavit.

I have a question about this 4-5:30 time... Everything LE does is almost down to the second why did they say he arrived 4 to 5:30? that is a huge gap.

Or did they just give enough information to leave the rest for the trial??
This was not from LE but the defense and in fact LE says the spa employee has the time wrong so I’m just going by what was said yesterday by the defense since we don’t have the dang AA. I’m pretty sure we will see receipts if and when he purchased something. I just don’t know if it will be earlier or later in the day or if ever ?? But I was just speculating that if he did calmly walk into that spa after killing Suzanne he must have convinced himself he didn’t kill her she drowned or something psycho like that.

Barry sent 3 texts ( 6:10am, 8:41 am, 3:30 pm) and made one phone call to Suzanne (11:20 am) on Mother’s Day. She never responded. But Barry went about his business, making trash runs, washing the truck, watching tv. Over ten hours but no cause for alarm.

This was not from LE but the defense and in fact LE says the spa employee has the time wrong so I’m just going by what was said yesterday by the defense since we don’t have the dang AA. I’m pretty sure we will see receipts if and when he purchased something. I just don’t know if it will be earlier or later in the day or if ever ?? But I was just speculating that if he did calmly walk into that spa after killing Suzanne he must have convinced himself he didn’t kill her she drowned or something psycho like that.
That's right he said they may have gotten it wrong.

But, didn't he arrived home twice? One earlier where he sends a text that he's coming home, supposed to have lunch with her-- but instead he's out in the trees and the creek doing something.

He leaves.

She sends a text saying "look who is alone again??"

The second one coming home is @ 2:43.59 and he catches her off guard.

Anyway I think that is right...

Yes, there's been a mish-mash in there, and I've been trying to decipher it all, but I keep getting sidetracked!
I'm off again, to try to piece it together. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?