Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a fan of this. Attracting animals is the exact opposite of what most of these guys want, as that scatters remains, making them easier to find.

In fact, many killers take measures to prevent this by burying a body deep. Some pour concrete on top to further protect disturbance.

Then again, it is possible he didn’t mind her being found, but just wanted to conceal cause of death.

Barry is a strange bird after all.

Exactly, I was thinking along the route of him wanting her found and his "theory" of a possible animal attack.

Sadly, I’ve seen first hand how parental alienation can alter a child’s reality. I feel so sorry for those girls because I believe that they will eventually recognize the horrible truth. It is so tragic.
And they may not see it until later in life. I know I see my parents differently now that I am in my 40s than I did in my younger years... it can be a real gut punch sometimes too. Reality hits hard sometimes.

JMO and personal experience *shrug*

BM's 4 Wheeler?
He had a four wheeler on property.
050621.home.3.JPG
@sk716 Thanks for zeroing in on this pic of 4 wheeler. Anyone know when he bought this? If pre-arrest, he sold/transferred/loaned it to someone indefinitely? If sold, when?* Or does he still own it, presumably in storage unit or at friend's house? Anyone? TiA.

I wonder if if it was listed in any search warrant. If 4 wheeler was ref'ed in hearing, I missed any tweet about it. Maybe we'll learn more Aug 23-24?

* Iiuc, driving these vehicles on public roads is illegal; they are not issued CO license plates, so ownership cannot be tracked that way.

I hope so. Most of the testimony around the time we think BM left PP was centered around the cell phones. Testimony got really bogged down with defense questions about phone pings. We know the prosecution was not able to call all their witnesses because they ran out of time.
Hopefully, we’ll get some clarification next week as the prelim continues.
I am beginning to think the defense did this on purpose - delaying the more salacious evidence until the latter days of the hearing perhaps?

I think this phone is going to have evidence the defense does not want released - it may make the husband look very bad IMO
snipped
'He was acting really weird about the beach area,' she told Fox21 News. 'I was like: "Barry what's up?"
'He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.'
Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the entire day but said Barry dismissed her from the job early, at 11am.
She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both of whom she told Fox were 'linked' to Morphew, who told her: 'We would give you your paycheck, but we don't want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don't have to give CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) your phone.'
Gentile ignored the men, and spoke to the CBI five times, and handed over her phone.
'I know my rights and I don't have anything to hide,' she said.
She said she was then fired by Barry.

'He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn't staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,' she said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8726789/E...air-Colorado-mom-vanished.html

Maybe, not sure.
Nielsen asks if investigators found #SuzanneMorphew's blood inside their home. Commander says no.

She goes on to ask if they found any of Suzanne's blood throughout the entirety of the investigation. He says no.
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424757326569869314?s=21

Defense team asks if investigators have found any of Suzanne's blood in the house- or anywhere in the course of this investigation, he says no. @CBSDenver #suzannemorphew #BarryMorphew
https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1424757352834617345?s=21

Commander says the temperature on the morning of May 10th was around 38 degrees at 8am.
On May 14th #SuzanneMorphew bike helmet was found .84 miles from the bicycle. Commander says no significant damage to the helmet. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424747670254485508?s=21

Nielsen asks if investigators found #SuzanneMorphew's blood inside their home. Commander says no.

She goes on to ask if they found any of Suzanne's blood throughout the entirety of the investigation. He says no.
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424757326569869314?s=21

Defense team asks if investigators have found any of Suzanne's blood in the house- or anywhere in the course of this investigation, he says no. @CBSDenver #suzannemorphew #BarryMorphew
https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1424757352834617345?s=21

Commander says the temperature on the morning of May 10th was around 38 degrees at 8am.
On May 14th #SuzanneMorphew bike helmet was found .84 miles from the bicycle. Commander says no significant damage to the helmet. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424747670254485508?s=21
The helmet, that blue one was .84 miles from the BIKE ? WTF. I would try and come up with something on that, but it's early. Thanks IMO

It was bugging me too. He alleges that he got the call from the neighbour that his wife was missing, dropped everything and hurried straight home.

But there seems to be 40 minutes between receiving the phone call and leaving his hotel room. And then he makes several trips back and forth transferring his tools before he leaves.

I would be very interested to know how that conversation with the front desk went. What he said and what his demeanor was like.

He makes a big deal about wanting to leave his tools for his employees and yet they're not the right tools, no bobcat, and he's not even supposed to work on that weekend/Mother's Day anyway.

Things are not adding up.

He very obviously wanted to be seen. If not, he could have just grabbed a hotel cart and left it in his room. They would be less likely to be stolen or lost in his room... but he makes a big to do about leaving them in the middle of the lobby. Weird. Jmo

Colorado has Victim's Rights Laws, which the Judge invoked, or at least alluded to, in his order to explain why the AA was sealed.

JL's children are not victims of the crime which has brought everyone to Court.

Curious whether people think the daughters already knew about the affair. I think it's clear that Barry did - although I don't know when he learned precisely who the person was, where they lived, etc. If the girls did know, they didn't know much and it must be very hard for them, either way, for that to go public.

It's one in a long series of such shocks, I'm afraid.

Barry already told them about the affair - right??
I 100% believe that BM told the daughters about the affair a long time ago. I’m even starting to think he partially confessed to his daughters.. I can see him crying and playing the victim, that he accidentally killed her during a fight about her lover. Maybe he showed them the texts between them where she’s saying she wants a divorce, him telling her he loves her and that she’s his angel, and of him going as far as contemplating suicidal, but assuring her “she and the girls would be taken care of”… playing to their emotions, even saying he wishes it was him that died that night rather than her. Apologizing profusely, using religion to go as far as to say if one person is saved from this, SM would want it this way.. He can’t confess to LE because they’ll never believe him, it looks like he had motive, he’d go to prison for life, and never get to see his daughters outside of prison again (walk his daughters down the aisle, play w grandkids, see them grow up to be beautiful women just like their mom, etc.)
—-all things he robbed Suzanne of—-

I could see and even understand them forgiving him if he spun it right. Sounds like they’ve been under his manipulative ways their whole lives.
It’s the most logical reason I can think of for them sticking by him. I know logic isn’t always front and center, but this is my opinion at the moment.
Thoughts??

Last edited:
So the FBI told BM about the affair in January 2021.
IMO he probably didn’t keep that to himself.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1425130532392812545?s=21

FBI Agent Ken Harris is back on the stand. He said they told #BarryMorphew about Suzanne's affair in January of 2021, and Barry asked who the person was. Agent Harris also said Suzanne would use "Find My Phone" to track Barry, he would use airplane mode to stay hidden form her.

Shelly Bradbury tweet 1:15pm 8/10/21:
‘Grusing testifies that Barry told CBI he went home and had lunch with Suzanne on May 9, but that cell records show he actually walked around their home towards a nearby trailer park at that time. He later told the FBI he was looking for turkeys.’

I was wondering about BM walking towards a nearby trailer park when he came home for lunch on 5/9. I’ve read that he was looking for a turkey MM had shot in the backyard near the river IIRC.

Isn’t the trailer park in the opposite direction of their backyard and away from the home? Would this walk take him by the location where the bike was found? I couldn’t readily find a map for reference regarding the location of the Morphew home to the nearby trailer park. If someone has one to post as a visual, TIA.

I 100% believe that BM told the daughters about the affair a long time ago. I’m even starting to think he partially confessed to his daughters.. I can see him crying and playing the victim, that he accidentally killed her during a fight about her lover. Maybe he shared texts from SM showing she wanted a divorce, and that he was contemplating suicidal… playing to their emotions, even saying he wishes it was him that died that night rather than her. Apologizing profusely, using religion to go as far as to say if one person is saved from this, SM would want it this way.. He can’t confess to LE because they’ll never believe him, it looks like he had motive, he’d go to prison for life, and never get to see his daughters outside of prison again (walk his daughters down the aisle, play w grandkids, see them grow up, etc. (all the things he robbed their mom of)…blah blah blah.
I could see and understand them forgiving him if he spun it right and they’ve been under his manipulative ways their whole lives.
It’s the most logical reason I can think of for them sticking by him. I know logic isn’t always front and center, but this is my opinion at the moment. Thoughts??
I don’t see it. Clearly at least one daughter knew they bickered a lot but I do not think they knew about their mom’s affair until recently. It seems Barry or his mom would have at least prepared them for that revelation before they arrived at court. I would guess if Barry had an affair back in Indiana before they moved to Colorado they didn’t know about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419