Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)
————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary: Days 1 & 2

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70
Thread #71 Thread #72

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

From the previous thread:

@BuckeyeGal said:
"I think the majority of people in the US go to Wal-Mart, at least occasionally, and most communities have a Wal-Mart. I would guess if someone needed items to quickly deal with a situation (ie: covering up a murder), that is where they would go."

I haven't been in a WalMart in 20 years, but I think people do erroneously feel more safely anonymous in Walmart, because of the size of the store and large number of customers etc. But that's a mistake -- they don't think about the degree of electronic security sure to be in place.

What gets me is -- who doesn't already have duct tape and trash bags and a shovel at home? And if your criminal plans require a tool you don't own, don't wait until the last weekend to buy it! :cool:

Was he scoping out available dumpsters?
Well , no.
It is an arduous drive. But, I am sure he had driven it several, several times given his profession. But the timeline is one thing that will get him.
Your not suppose to do landscaping work on Sundays and Weekends. I guess you can get a special permit? But who really wants to work
on Sunday and a Holiday. Mother's day? That was his excuse. I think he had a plan, but something happened that day. JMHO

I think that BM did not know the identity of JL but he seemed to have an inkling that SM was speaking to someone online and he seemed to feel it was a classmate or someone she grew up with. I think those friend requests were a last minute ditch to see if there was some type of response to prove himself correct. moo

It's beyond bizarre that he did this. For what seems like a planned out thing, he didn't think this part through very well at all!
I think the murder itself had been contemplated for a while, and there is going to be evidence shown that he at least planned to kill Suzanne before he arrived home that afternoon.

Planned, doesn’t mean “well planned.”

Fotis Dulos put a ton of thought into how he would kill his estranged wife. This involved borrowing a coworker’s vehicle, parking at a specific spot, riding a bicycle the rest of the way, ambushing his wife at a specific place and time, transferring her body to his vehicle, and ultimately disposing of it.

Then he did what Barry did, and committed a trash/evidence dump that was caught on camera. He made more stops than Barry, but this behavior was otherwise the same.

In both cases, it seems as if the murder and body disposal was well thought out, but the rest of it was not.

I think that BM did not know the identity of JL but he seemed to have an inkling that SM was speaking to someone online and he seemed to feel it was a classmate or someone she grew up with. I think those friend requests were a last minute ditch to see if there was some type of response to prove himself correct. moo
Yes, good point.

I think the murder itself had been contemplated for a while, and there is going to be evidence shown that he at least planned to kill Suzanne before he arrived home that afternoon.

Fotis Dulos put a ton of thought into how he would kill his estranged wife. This involved borrowing a coworker’s vehicle, parking at a specific spot, riding a bicycle the rest of the way, ambushing his wife at a specific place and time, transferring her body to his vehicle, and ultimately disposing of it.

Then he did what Barry did, and committed a trash/evidence dump that was caught on camera. He made more stops than Barry, but this behavior was otherwise the same.

In both cases, it seems as if the murder and body disposal was well thought out, but the rest of it was not.
I also think it's easy for them to be Joe Cool during the planning phase but when they have a dead body on their hands it becomes real very fast. I wonder if the actual kill runs on an endless loop in the back of their mind and actually becomes a distraction to being able to finish it as dispassionately as they started?

Did we get a timestamp for when Barry was carting in random hand tools to the hotel? (Yes, we did. After 5:55.)

Because that would be a really peculiar thing to do while, say, your neighbor is calling the police for a welfare check FOR YOUR WIFE. Casually carry in a wrench and a screw and a shovel and a trowel and and and....

I wonder how urgent his step.

JMO

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Preliminary hearing in Barry Morphew trial reveals new details | FOX31 Denver
Just think of the possible hands of strangers that could have touched those tools v.s. him leaving them in the room. Makes me wonder.

I think he had been mulling it over for awhile, but didn't really decide he was going to do it until May 6th. She wasn't going to budge this time.

posted by @Synergizer Bunny in previous thread "... I was amazed at how quickly the police were able to catch Edwin Hall for the kidnap and murder of Kelsey Smith using Target surveillance footage...." Thanks :)S Bunny for reminder about this sad case :( bbm sbm
Some advice to would-be criminals: Steer clear of Target Stores. No grainy B&W footage there.

"The Target Forensic Services Laboratory provides forensic science support for internal and external investigation partners."
Target Lab has assisted state & local LE agencies & fed agencies, BATFE, FBI, & Secret Service.
"The Target Forensic Services Laboratory is accredited to offer services in the following disciplines: Latent Print Analysis Video Analysis Audio Analysis"

MOO in JDs case don't think the murder went as Dulos imagined it would, with him overcoming her easily and putting her in a vehicle.
Instead she fought like hell and left most of her blood on the garage floor. He got her bagged up and cleaned the garage, but it changed the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark