Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are great and you did great! You don’t have to change anything. These are your impressions from your notes. I am glad we can ask you questions, but we aren’t holding you to it like you are on trial here. Don’t overthink it. You did a fabulous job, just like you did when you searched for Suzanne. Just like Oviedo & OldCop work on the timeline, you give us the courtroom.
Exactly -- and the timeline is also a living post that's not set in stone. Impressions of the variable components change as we massage the surrounding environment.

@NoSI - You are a rock star!

Seriously, I think I speak for all in that we truly appreciate you providing us what you observed during the preliminary. There were zero expectations for you to act as a professional courtroom reporter, and respectfully, you shouldn't have those expectations of yourself! :) Please don't downgrade your brilliant efforts.

Thank you @Seattle1! Seems like I have a mild case of self-imposed courtroom reporter imposter syndrome...:D

[...]
IMO, BM did the calling. He hired individuals that he could dominate and "took orders." If and when BM called, they were expected to be ready. A perfect example was MG, CC, and first-timer JP that departed to Broomfield because BM commanded they go there!
[...]

rsbm for focus.
In that talk with LS, JP said that he wondered why BM even requested him, since BM new that he was already working on another job. And so then he (JP) had to shuffle things, and clear it first to get the OK for Broomfield.
JP was confused by the whole mess, from start to finish.
(His confusion turned to suspicion shortly thereafter.)

imoo

Last edited:
You are doing amazing! Please don't take your work down. Journalists have all worded things differently and confusingly. Your notes are the clearest of all I have seen. You are just getting alot of questions because you are easier to get ahold of than most of the Journalists and we trust you. I know I do. Jmo

AGREE 100%. NoSi you did a fabulous job and we are all grateful. No one is looking for perfection, stop being so hard on yourself and second guessing. Your information reported thus far has been presented as balanced as one could ask. Thanks

Wow, can't believe I finally made it to the end of this one!
Unfortunately, there are still two more from earlier, that I need to wade through. :(

Catching up with the thread is akin to the saying about painting the Golden Gate Bridge. :p
Ha.

I'm inclined to believe that BM strangled SM -- whether at PP or another location. I'm thinking about Shanann Watts, strangled in her bed, and Chris taking her to his job site that morning on his regular work shift. Chris also stripped the bed, throwing the fitted sheet in the home garbage, and taking the flat sheet with Shanann. No hits by the cadaver dogs at the house or property.

And I'm inclined to believe he smothered her (strangulation is too risky - still diagnosable via fractured hyoid bone in most cases, whereas smothering is much harder to detect post-mortem).

Also, it would have been so easy for him to do, dispassionately. I hate thinking about it and I presume she was likely unconscious at the time.

I am starting to feel uneasy about the write-up. That's how rumors are created and that is definitely not my intention and I don't want to be responsible for something like that. I also saw that the tweets from the courtroom said someone going missing while riding bike; i made that someone female in my write-up. I don't know... I was worried about this happening. It was hard to follow and keep up with...

Your write-up is awesome. No one can get it absolutely perfect, as the Court disallowed proper ways of recording every single thing that was said in relationship to what was being shown on a screen.

You rock!

And I'm inclined to believe he smothered her (strangulation is too risky - still diagnosable via fractured hyoid bone in most cases, whereas smothering is much harder to detect post-mortem).

Also, it would have been so easy for him to do, dispassionately. I hate thinking about it and I presume she was likely unconscious at the time.
Yes --smothering makes good sense if the victim is comatose/drugged. :eek:

Can someone clarify: testimony was that SM took a selfie while sunbathing. Is that based on the actual background of the picture - i.e., the yard, hot tub, and/or lounge chair were visible in the photo - as opposed to assuming she was sunbathing because she was in swimwear (or possibly nude)?

I assume it's because the FBI has the metadata from all of her photos.

That's why I like Websleuths. It is like putting together a 1000 piece lintucular jigsaw puzzle.
You have to pick up every piece and hold it into to the light.
I assume it's because the FBI has the metadata from all of her photos.
How far away is the hot tub, from the main living space. Kitchen, Living Room? If you do not know , that's ok.

Yes --smothering makes good sense if the victim is comatose/drugged. :eek:

If he used one of the big darts from the firehouse (and I think he did), it was designed to bring down bear and mountain lions. So she could have been nearly comatose.

Personally, I think he used the first half an hour after tranquilizing her to access her phone and read all the messages from JL and so forth. He would then know that it was JLs idea that she get a mountain bike - and that some of her other pictures had gone to JL.

The rage he then feels allows him to continue with the rest of his plan.

That's why I like Websleuths. It is like putting together a 1000 piece lintucular jigsaw puzzle.

How far away is the hot tub, from the main living space. Kitchen, Living Room? If you do not know , that's ok.

It's not far. You can see it in the aerial photos that various people have posted on youtube. Basically just about 20 feet from the BBQ (I'm estimating).

I am wondering why the original home pictures in the listing did not show kitchen pictures. I recall many of us wondering about this and slightly recall hearing things were happening at the home regarding the kitchen. Can anyone elaborate on this that has better recognizance to this?

<modsnip>

This is the best I can do right now. It's a helicoper news video and the backside of the house with patio/hot tub area begins at about 2:06 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not far. You can see it in the aerial photos that various people have posted on youtube. Basically just about 20 feet from the BBQ (I'm estimating).
So. Where was she sunbathing on that property. I say not by the hot tub .IMO? I used to take my shirt of and wore shorts, IF it wasn't windy. And the Sun was shinning. If it was 40 degrees.
Colorado Springs is Beautiful. That's why I don't like cousin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim