OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a health food store called Sunflower Market. Detective Hurst confirmed there was no construction done over the weekend. IMO this scenario is highly unlikely.
Please provide a video link with a timestamp for that information. I listened to all of Kelly's interviews with Hurst and did not that—not worded the way that you've worded it, anyway.

IMO we can rule out that they poured concrete over him accidentally. There was a post earlier on this thread by someone who used to pour concrete saying that really isn't possible. He said they would be sure there wasn't even a piece of bark in the area before they poured, because it could ruin the project.
IMO we can't rule-out a body of water. People are lost in rivers, etc and never found and that's unfortunately not rare.
:(

IMO we can rule out that they poured concrete over him accidentally. There was a post earlier on this thread by someone who used to pour concrete saying that really isn't possible. He said they would be sure there wasn't even a piece of bark in the area before they poured, because it could ruin the project.
IMO we can't rule-out a body of water. People are lost in rivers, etc and never found and that's unfortunately not rare.
:(

I think we can also rule that out because the dogs tracked him to Wendy’s. we know he made it at least as far as Wendy’s on High Street.

This is what I don't get, and probably never will get,

Based on what friends have said that night we know Brian was smashed, and we know that a person who drunk is not going to have the planning and preparation to start a new life, let alone get very far. How do we go from Brian being seen talking to the two woman at 1:55am to heading out of camera range so fast and no one, ever sees him again? It's not like there were 1000 places he could have gone to once stepping out the range of the camera. Besides the bar, what other places could Brian have gone to in the direction that he moved? This whole story of "He appeared to go back into the bar." Well, I can't see where he had a lot of other directions from which to choose? He either went back into the bar or did not.

What about Brian exiting out of an area that he wasn't supposed to exit. and the dog's scent is correct? He gets past the Wendy's restaurant. but is in such a stupor unaware of his surrounding and is hit by a car? Brian is killed or badly injured. Drive panics puts him in the trunk of his car, drives away with his body? Disposes him in a body of water and lives with that secret for the rest of his life? Are there enough lakes in Ohio to toss a body and have it not resurface? Or just crawling into a dumpster to sleep an he OD's? But you would think that someone would see a dead body in a dumpster! Maybe they did. However,they didn't want to get incriminated like they did something to Brian, so the driver of the dumpster could have just dumped his body into a landfill. Sorry to be so morbid! But if the dog's scent is correct, it would say that at least, Brian got out of the Ugly Tuna alive, but likely in very bad shape.

Satch

I can't remember, but I think it was an add-on to the stores in the complex. Earlier in the thread there was IIRC a discussion of what other businesses were in that building. It wasn't just The Ugly Tuna.

Satch

I think there was a movie theater there, or planned to be built there.

Satch

But you would think that someone would see a dead body in a dumpster! Maybe they did. However,they didn't want to get incriminated like they did something to Brian, so the driver of the dumpster could have just dumped his body into a landfill.
sign-funnypost.gif.78543c948642e3a0200ce677fc5f7973.gif

I can just see the driver of the garbage truck dumping Brian in the landfill, driving away, and then thinking, "Man! I should have snagged his wallet and his Air Jordans!"

Additionally snipped...
...Yates said police believe they know the name of the deceased man, but have not publicly identified him pending confirmation that the remains are indeed his and his family has been notified.
Identified..

August 17, 2021
''COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Columbus Division of Police has released the name of the man whose skeletal remains were found in a wooded area last week.

Police were called to the 1800 block of South High Street on Aug. 9 on the report of a body in the area.

On Tuesday, police said identified him as 49-year-old David Judd.

Police said detectives were investigating this as a suspicious death.''

This is what I don't get, and probably never will get,

Based on what friends have said that night we know Brian was smashed, and we know that a person who drunk is not going to have the planning and preparation to start a new life, let alone get very far. How do we go from Brian being seen talking to the two woman at 1:55am to heading out of camera range so fast and no one, ever sees him again? It's not like there were 1000 places he could have gone to once stepping out the range of the camera. Besides the bar, what other places could Brian have gone to in the direction that he moved? This whole story of "He appeared to go back into the bar." Well, I can't see where he had a lot of other directions from which to choose? He either went back into the bar or did not.

What about Brian exiting out of an area that he wasn't supposed to exit. and the dog's scent is correct? He gets past the Wendy's restaurant. but is in such a stupor unaware of his surrounding and is hit by a car? Brian is killed or badly injured. Drive panics puts him in the trunk of his car, drives away with his body? Disposes him in a body of water and lives with that secret for the rest of his life? Are there enough lakes in Ohio to toss a body and have it not resurface? Or just crawling into a dumpster to sleep an he OD's? But you would think that someone would see a dead body in a dumpster! Maybe they did. However,they didn't want to get incriminated like they did something to Brian, so the driver of the dumpster could have just dumped his body into a landfill. Sorry to be so morbid! But if the dog's scent is correct, it would say that at least, Brian got out of the Ugly Tuna alive, but likely in very bad shape.

Satch
I agree with everything you said but is there any reason to believe he didn't leave out the back door, turn off his phone to avoid his friends and go home? He could've made it home and slept it off. I could be WAY off on that but I've never seen proof that he didn't make it home that night. I've always kind of thought it was possible that whatever happened could've happened the next day.

I agree with everything you said but is there any reason to believe he didn't leave out the back door, turn off his phone to avoid his friends and go home? He could've made it home and slept it off. I could be WAY off on that but I've never seen proof that he didn't make it home that night. I've always kind of thought it was possible that whatever happened could've happened the next day.
100%

One argument against that scenario is that he was supposed to host an after-party with some friends that he hadn't seen in a while. Is it proof positive? No—but it certainly points to his never having made it home.

One argument against that scenario is that he was supposed to host an after-party with some friends that he hadn't seen in a while. Is it proof positive? No—but it certainly points to his never having made it home.

That I did not remember. Who gave this information?

Satch

That I did not remember. Who gave this information?

Satch
It is mentioned on this page in a post by Looking4Brian:
OH - OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

I would like to know why Brian was flip flopping as well. My theory is that he saw Clint and Meredith coming and wanted to ditch them after the argument him and Clint had. Plus Brian was having an after party at his apartment that night with friends that were not fans of Clint.

I think we can also rule that out because the dogs tracked him to Wendy’s. we know he made it at least as far as Wendy’s on High Street.

It’s been a while since I’ve read everything here start to finish, but IF the Wendy’s scent is accurate, could that scent trail not have been from Wendy’s TO the Ugly Tuna (before arriving at the bar) vs. FROM the Ugly Tuna to Wendy’s (after the bar)?

It’s been a while since I’ve read everything here start to finish, but IF the Wendy’s scent is accurate, could that scent trail not have been from Wendy’s TO the Ugly Tuna (before arriving at the bar) vs. FROM the Ugly Tuna to Wendy’s (after the bar)?
Brian and Clint barhopped down High St., then Meredith picked them up and drove them to UTS. I’ll attach a picture to show where the Wendy’s used to be.

Attachments

• 399F8616-40BE-4FE6-8704-44814F8E8E1A.jpeg
    399F8616-40BE-4FE6-8704-44814F8E8E1A.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 27
Brian’s scent was picked up in the rear of Wendy’s parking lot, which backed up to the aforementioned Pearl Alley. Also note, the dogs that tracked him there were SAR dogs; they hit on material that was either his urine or vomit, not just a scent trail.

Brian’s scent was picked up in the rear of Wendy’s parking lot, which backed up to the aforementioned Pearl Alley. Also note, the dogs that tracked him there were SAR dogs; they hit on material that was either his urine or vomit, not just a scent trail.
Maybe he got out of the bar and walked, passing through the parking lot and vomiting/urinated on a spot in there.

From the last clip of the CCTV, i think that he didn't re-enter the bar, given that the entrance appears to be to the bottom left of the frame, maybe he walked into another exit and got out of the UTS.

Do we know if Brian had been there before? Maybe he knew of another way out.

Thank you. I guess my thought still stands- Wendy’s could have before or after, or even during, the Ugly Tuna, so I don’t know that the Wendy’s scent really means a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.