Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying frantically to catch up on my lunch break and just had a thought. Are washing machines / dryers “Smart” these days too? ie could you track when they were used at which time and date? Or would the Electrical Company be able to provide that type of information, knowing the normal ebbs and flows of power useage at a particular property? Just trying to narrow down if the washing was last done after 2.44pm on 5/9. Great work Everyone, and getting closer to Monday 23rd now! Cannot wait! :)
I like it. Good sleuthing!

(as per NoSI's notes: )
January 21, 2021: LE revealed to BM that SM had an affair.

I really really hope one day that we will be able to see BM's reaction to that, on the interview tape.

eta: . . .and lots more. Please.

Last edited:
I know, it's weird. Their dynamics. She wanted to end 'how ever you spell civaly' but they at least seemed to be friends up to the end? They were going to go hiking? BM did
not buy a bike for "parts" her bike did not need any parts. IMO
It was kind of a "Blind Man's Bluff" game. Until it wasn't. Because sadly, Suzanne is no longer with us.

Trying frantically to catch up on my lunch break and just had a thought. Are washing machines / dryers “Smart” these days too? ie could you track when they were used at which time and date? Or would the Electrical Company be able to provide that type of information, knowing the normal ebbs and flows of power useage at a particular property? Just trying to narrow down if the washing was last done after 2.44pm on 5/9. Great work Everyone, and getting closer to Monday 23rd now! Cannot wait! :)
I was wondering that exact same thing today! I went down the google rabbit hole searching for water and energy usage of top of the line washers and dryers. It seems the washers would use anywhere from 8-15 gallons of water per load depending on the machine and the settings used. I then looked at how many gallons of water a typical shower used. That seemed to be from 10-15. Without knowing if the dryer was gas or electric it was useless to try to find out any info on that aspect. There still could be good info if, for example, 3 loads of was were done in a row it couldn't be passed off as a shower. It still would be interesting to see the various usage details for gas (if applicable), electric and water and the times of the spikes in usage.

I was wondering that exact same thing today! I went down the google rabbit hole searching for water and energy usage of top of the line washers and dryers. It seems the washers would use anywhere from 8-15 gallons of water per load depending on the machine and the settings used. I then looked at how many gallons of water a typical shower used. That seemed to be from 10-15. Without knowing if the dryer was gas or electric it was useless to try to find out any info on that aspect. There still could be good info if, for example, 3 loads of was were done in a row it couldn't be passed off as a shower. It still would be interesting to see the various usage details for gas (if applicable), electric and water and the times of the spikes in usage.
Water used by washer followed by dryer energy use might be a unique footprint.

I know, it's weird. Their dynamics. She wanted to end 'how ever you spell civaly' but they at least seemed to be friends up to the end? They were going to go hiking? BM did
not buy a bike for "parts" her bike did not need any parts. IMO
That rage/normal gaslighting suddenly wasn't effective. Simply, she fell out of love with him.

(as per NoSI's notes: )
January 21, 2021: LE revealed to BM that SM had an affair.

I really really hope one day that we will be able to see BM's reaction to that, on the interview tape.

eta: . . .and lots more. Please.
I seriously hope he didn’t know until LE told him! I hope it was SM’s farewell punch to him.

I do have a wee little bit of doubt about Barry browsing the dating sites. I am not 100% positive that Suzanne would never search a site on Barry’s phone in order to make him the bad guy, the cheater. She was trying to get out of the marriage and maybe she wanted some ammo. I know how stupid that sounds, but nothing shocks me in this case.
Somehow I don't believe Suzanne ever had BM's phone or laptop in her hands, like EVER.
As much as I champion Suzanne's fortitude, untimely as it turned out to be, Suzanne would've met her eventual fate much earlier.
I'll go as far as to say that he likely had cameras all over the place and slept with one eye open.
After all, a person who can't be trusted trusts no one.
She just wanted out, he wanted her money and revenge for daring to defy him and in effect, humiliate him.
IMO IMO IMO

Day 2 Morning session

Can not guarantee that everything is correct. Was speed writing. I hope this link works.

Link Sharing

Thank you 1,000 more times, @NoSI !!!
You've put so much effort into this -- you must be so exhausted, body and brain!
And also, I am so glad you used that particular file-sharing platform, as even I can download it with my clunky old iPad!
Now, go get some rest and take care of yourself; it's so easy to reach burn-out.
❤︎

Too late to edit my other post, but want to add that I am absolutely loving the added gifs, of lovely Suzanne, (exonerated) mountain lion, and (adorable) chipmunk, throughout.

Nice touch.

BM knows that the hotel has cameras, so why in the world did he say that he was working when he got the call?
The fact that he was in his room for five hours could (and would) of course be verified.
Five hours. Was he cleaning that much stuff?
Did he accidentally fall asleep? Was he planning to go back out to the job site, but the all-nighter wiped him out, and he screwed up his own plan?
A few pp have mentioned that he probably just assumed that LE would take his word for it, and not check. But...? Would he really think that?

I am dumbfounded by this one.

And then, that 40 minutes he took farting around after he got the call that Suzanne was missing.

The mind boggles.

imoo

I have alot of doubts here. Suzanne saying she's afraid of Barry, but yet has a 2 year fling with a guy, even meeting him in different parts of the country! Planting a spy pen in Barry's truck, taking a selfie in her bathing suit without fear of him seeing it. Girls said they never saw any abuse from him. Not a shred of evidence that he cheated. They gave themselves financial problems, Suzanne wanted that house.
Being afraid of the man you are with and having a fling with another guy, are not mutually exclusive events.

She kept track of where Barry was when she communicated with JL, and apparently kept her phone locked.

The girls not seeing abuse does not mean abuse did not happen, and the girls were aware that the marriage was having major issues.

Normal well adjusted men, do not threaten suicide to keep their wife in the relationship. The fact that Barry did this is not in dispute.

This offers tremendous support to Suzanne’s account that Barry held a gun to his head, and shoved her into a closet.

That is extreme psychological abuse, and there are no shortage of examples here.

At the time of the spy pen being introduced, Suzanne had not yet given Barry her final ultimatum. The danger she was in then, was nowhere near the danger she found herself in just days before her death.

“No evidence she was afraid of Barry?” Well she said as much in texts, and then she suddenly disappeared. That’s pretty easy math.

And if you don’t believe Suzanne for some reason, then go ahead, believe Barry. I stopped counting the proven lies early on day 2 of the preliminary hearing.

Psychological abuse? Proven

Pathological liar? He’s the poster boy.

Suzanne afraid? She should have been absolutely terrified.

Agree. MOO it is clear she suspected him for a long time, and MOO he seemed to like making her more suspicious; maybe he thought her jealousy was fun, whether or not he was fooling around.
I have no doubt that he was involved with other women. It was intimated if not clearly stated by her sister.
Star athlete in High School only to flunk out in the minor leagues. He had visions of glory. Got a degree in horticulture and married the pleasant, pretty girl-next-door who happened to have a family with some dough.
Only, she wasn't as naive as he thought for long.

NoSI's notes:

Now in McDonald parking lot in Broomfield, google earth image of BM getting rid of more trash. TRASH RUN 3.

#40: Image of BM forcefully pushing trash into trash can, pushes with both hands, leans in, BM did not recall this. He then shares that he may have thrown away “wrappers”.

Wow, I didn't realize about the Google Earth images!
Thinking it was all just security camera footage.
Woah. Wonder what else there is?

I seriously hope he didn’t know until LE told him! I hope it was SM’s farewell punch to him.

If he really didn’t know until LE told him, that means he didn’t catch her texting with JL that Saturday. Then I am 100 percent convinced her murder was completely planned and premeditated.

Motive: fear of financial ruin from divorce.

NoSI's notes:

Wow, I didn't realize about the Google Earth images!
Thinking it was all just security camera footage.
Woah. Wonder what else there is?
Because there wasn’t security camera footage of some of these dumps, I believe they just used Google earth to show the court the location.

It wouldn’t have been a satellite photo of Barry that day or anything (the photo they used may have been years old).

BM knows that the hotel has cameras, so why in the world did he say that he was working when he got the call?
The fact that he was in his room for five hours could (and would) of course be verified.
Five hours. Was he cleaning that much stuff?
Did he accidentally fall asleep? Was he planning to go back out to the job site, but the all-nighter wiped him out, and he screwed up his own plan?
A few pp have mentioned that he probably just assumed that LE would take his word for it, and not check. But...? Would he really think that?

I am dumbfounded by this one.

And then, that 40 minutes he took farting around after he got the call that Suzanne was missing.

The mind boggles.

imoo
Right.
A police call about your spouse being missing?
Shoes, pants, keys, phone, wallet and gone.
Should have taken 40 seconds to be departing Broomfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho