Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m perplexed by this, and I’m wondering if the date was misstated in court.

This is something that makes sense for Saturday night, but it makes no sense for Friday night.

It would be a strange thing for Suzanne to do (both forget password and then friend a bunch of guys).

If Barry did it, then Suzanne would surely have realized at some point on Saturday.
Unless....
We definitely need verification of the date of the reset and friend requests.

I’m perplexed by this, and I’m wondering if the date was misstated in court.

This is something that makes sense for Saturday night, but it makes no sense for Friday night.

It would be a strange thing for Suzanne to do (both forget password and then friend a bunch of guys).

If Barry did it, then Suzanne would surely have realized at some point on Saturday.
Lauren tweeted May 8 for the FB activity. I asked her to clarify but didn’t hear back. Here’s a SS of the order of her tweets. The next one says SM sent msgs to SO about wedding the next day. The wedding was the 10th. Were they jumpin around on days?

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425185309285928966?s=21

Between 8-9 p.m. on May 8, #SuzanneMorphew Facebook codes were reset. She friend requested 23 people in total 20 were men. Investigators asked Barry if this was him and he said no.

Attachments

• F06BBAB8-1124-4611-AFBD-567088920CA9.png
    F06BBAB8-1124-4611-AFBD-567088920CA9.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 11
Lauren tweeted May 8 for the FB activity. I asked her to clarify but didn’t hear back. Here’s a SS of the order of her tweets. The next one says SM sent msgs to SO about wedding the next day. The wedding was the 10th. Were they jumpin around on days?

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425185309285928966?s=21

Between 8-9 p.m. on May 8, #SuzanneMorphew Facebook codes were reset. She friend requested 23 people in total 20 were men. Investigators asked Barry if this was him and he said no.
Who else could or would spoof SM on Facebook? Maybe we need to think outside the box? I don't have an answer because I can't assign a motive to anyone else but the bright minds here might.

One other thought. Sometimes FB accounts get hacked by random spammers/hackers. Maybe we are trying to ID a hacker not a POI. Random does happen.
JMO

Great maps. Parking that trailer in the usual spot doesn't seem very "covert". I had assumed BM was sneaking up on Suzanne. Any possibility of marking Suzanne's position? I think some clever sleuths hypothesized that based on shadows at that time of day in May 2020.
Her ya go, @DellaC. We don’t know if she was sunning on the patio by the hot tub or over where the 2 lounge chairs were placed by a back door. The sun was likely better at the area by the 2 loungers at that time of day.
It was @24Brix who figured out the sun position for us.
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Attachments

• 2B1F5B48-CAF6-44EF-BC38-F2DD9874691D.jpeg
    2B1F5B48-CAF6-44EF-BC38-F2DD9874691D.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 47
I am so in the weeds again. I thought Suzanne had texted/messaged Jeff while Barry was out getting Moonlight Pizza. But she did send one of the girls a photo of Barry at Moonlight. NoSi stated that Suzanne went with Barry to Moonlight, which makes sense. But Lauren tweeted that she texted Jeff saying Barry was outView attachment 309628 .
Exactly. Somewhere earlier (I tried to find it) this same confusion occurred. Consensus then was SM was at home. BM sends her a selfie from the pizza place. SM forwards it to daughter(s). Along the lines of "whatcha doin tonight?".

After SM was reported missing, aerial video showed crime tape attached to the Bobcat in the Morphew's driveway. The Bobcat had been unloaded from the trailer. Why would BM bother to unloaded the Bobcat from the trailer?

JMO
That was a common point of discussion. Some folks theorized that it wasn’t actually crime scene tape but tape strung by BM to keep people off his new landscaping. That also became a point of discussion; so many big, new rocks, dirt, and gravel. :cool:

I like where you are going with this. Of note, twilight ended at 8:34pm on May 10, 2020. So 9:00pm is when it would first be dark.

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/salida-co/2020/5

But if he loaded the body in the truck at that time, where does the truck GPS data lead after 9pm?
It is a little unclear from what we know so far. After it reversed, we only hear that the door opens and closes at 3:26 am. The next several points we have on the timeline were based on the cell phones. Hopefully, some more gps info will come out next week.

I know we’ve seen this tweeted from the hearing, but I never noticed the date that Suzanne added this to her list of 50 things about BM. May 8 she wrote that he was FB friends with too many women. BM told her it was good for business.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425181441856622601?s=21

On MAY 8, a note in #SuzanneMorphew was a list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave the marriage. Ex. A lot of Women on FB, and said it was good for business

Who else could or would spoof SM on Facebook? Maybe we need to think outside the box? I don't have an answer because I can't assign a motive to anyone else but the bright minds here might.

One other thought. Sometimes FB accounts get hacked by random spammers/hackers. Maybe we are trying to ID a hacker not a POI. Random does happen.
JMO
Law enforcement almost certainly knows this answer, as that activity would come back to a specific IP address, and ultimately a device.

I’m convinced it was Barry, and he was using a device that Suzanne never used.

I also think it was actually Saturday.

Her ya go, @DellaC. We don’t know if she was sunning on the patio by the hot tub or over where the 2 lounge chairs were placed by a back door. The sun was likely better at the area by the 2 loungers at that time of day.
It was @24Brix who figured out the sun position for us.
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*
That pic finally allowed me to see the "bigger picture." Thanks @OldCop! In either truck scenario, the ambush was all to easy. :(

Is it more likely that BM left his driver’s door open upon his arrival at PP because he was in such a rage or is this proof that he knew what he was about to do and left the door open to run down the battery and remove any gps info already on the truck?
The hour near the river earlier has me stumped. It has always bothered me. Was he in fact watching her from afar and realizing that the hot, beautiful and charming woman in the pic was no longer his? Regardless he was raging. IMO

Ya know, mom2chloe, I'm not sure a battery would run down with a door being left open nor do I know how a dead battery might behoove Barry.

Did he take an hour to walk down and along the river as he continued toward the RV Park during this time? Many deer cams can be viewed from one's phone. Little doubt Barry didn't have cameras pointed at SMs favorite areas around the patios which he could view in real time. This walk may been when he went to grab the illegal .22 and dart from its case. Some say it was kept inside his truck tho.

It's only my opinion, I suspect Barry's rage was not out of control unless your theory falls into the premed occurred within a second. Barry's fuse was lit bc Suzanne wanted a divorce. Was she taking classes so she could take the secondary education certification test? Then, she could support herself.

I am so very eager to find out if Barry formed suspicious plans tied to her death for quite a long time. He listened to a Forensic Files episode re: bike riding student went missing from a bike ride. (Bloomington, IN) This was in Feb - Mar 2020.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if I should stop overthinking these data points and just wait for Tuesday (it is Tuesday, right?). I looked at the helicopter footage of PP a lot today and tried to reason out Barry’s truck movements. Then I read NoSi’s edited recap and there is so much new stuff that I am back to the beginning. I do get the feeling that Suzanne had told Barry it was over and maybe she thought they were hashing out an exit strategy, being civil to each other and working out details. Obviously wrong. Time to sleep. BTW your kid finally gets the job and neither of you even congratulate her? Odd.

I am so in the weeds again. I thought Suzanne had texted/messaged Jeff while Barry was out getting Moonlight Pizza. But she did send one of the girls a photo of Barry at Moonlight. NoSi stated that Suzanne went with Barry to Moonlight, which makes sense. But Lauren tweeted that she texted Jeff saying Barry was outView attachment 309628 .
Confusing indeed. Both cannot be correct.

I’m wondering if I should stop overthinking these data points and just wait for Tuesday (it is Tuesday, right?). I looked at the helicopter footage of PP a lot today and tried to reason out Barry’s truck movements. Then I read NoSi’s edited recap and there is so much new stuff that I am back to the beginning. I do get the feeling that Suzanne had told Barry it was over and maybe she thought they were hashing out an exit strategy, being civil to each other and working out details. Obviously wrong. Time to sleep. BTW your kid finally gets the job and neither of you even congratulate her? Odd.
If you wait for Tuesday you’ll miss Monday. No one likes Mondays, but I’ll make an exception for this one.

It looks like these two days will follow the same pattern as the first, with an early start Monday and a later start Tuesday, at 8 and 9:30 local, respectively.

1BC1A986-583E-4AFD-81BD-1BBBC11BBD5E.jpeg AD2DDF86-6858-49AB-9339-AD4981F07995.jpeg

That pic finally allowed me to see the "bigger picture." Thanks @OldCop! In either truck scenario, the ambush was all to easy. :(
One more for the even bigger picture, @IRBHTX. You can see a path from the back of the house down to the river. I believe the listing photos show a seating area or fire pit down by the river.
I think SM & BM may have had another fight during or after their 11:30 lunch of vegggie soup. He stormed off and went down to the river to blow off steam. He had to be back in town to get the blade swapped out on the Bobcat, but I think he had already made up his mind to kill her. He didn’t want to miss his appointment because that would be too suspicious after the fact.
I think SM knew that BM was really mad that day, but her texts to JL sounded very upbeat. I don’t think she thought BM was coming back to kill her. If so, she could have left when BM went into town at 1:38. Instead she sent a text to JL at 1:42: Guess who is alone again? Then she sent a photo to him at 2:03.
I think she was actually relieved that things were coming to a head with BM. It may have caused her to lower her guard. MOO

Attachments

• 52638F98-4EEE-49ED-9DAD-233E693763AF.jpeg
    52638F98-4EEE-49ED-9DAD-233E693763AF.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 46
Are you saying someone cannot be guilty of something unless they are found guilty in a court of law? We cannot believe Barry is guilty because we have not yet heard every piece of case evidence discussed in a court of law? So, only someone who believes Barry to be innocent can be interested in the facts?
If I completely ignore the facts, I can believe Barry is innocent:

If I ignore what was going on in that marriage.

If I ignore the fact that Barry deleted texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage.

If I ignore Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

If I ignore the fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

If I ignore the psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

If I ignore the fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon.

If I ignore the cell phone data that shows Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

If I ignore the tranquilizer dart cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

If I ignore the car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

If I ignore the 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

If I ignore him forgetting what he threw away.

If I ignore the fact he left early for a job, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

If I ignore the lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

If I ignore the changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

If I ignore all of those things, and the things I didn’t even mention, then I could believe Barry is innocent.

I’d have to put my brain in a blender first though.

Last edited:
I would like to put in my time line
that with in couple of weeks after SM went missing BM filed for guardiaship.

My guess is BM contacted the lawyer after her dad said he would not sign it. (per Andy's video chats while searching for SM).

Do we have dates for these 2 events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member