Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have followed this case from day 1 but haven't really posted anything as I just can't understand how you can murder your wife. They have been together for years have 2 daughters together evan if you don't love her any more how can you not have some sort of respect for her. I know it probably has to do with money but still is it all worth the risk of losing everything especially the love of your daughters and spending the rest of your life in prison. I feel so sorry for Suzanne and her family she seemed to be such a wonderful person. Hope that Barry spends a very lonely and miserable life in prison he's an evil horrible person. I wish Suzanne's daughters all the best for the future. So sorry for Suzanne.
R.I.P. beautiful lady.

BM texting SM to come “tour” the site must be the real reason CBI cut through the concrete slabs and sifted through the dirt.

Reading through these, he was trying to lure her…

He must have been desperate by Saturday afternoon, he needed to finish the job by the time the girls came back from their trip.
I agree, I think he was trying to lure her.

Add to that: Prosecution needs the best people specializing in digital footprints. Apple/Google technicians or someone that can debunk the shared Apple ID/device confusion. It might be that they have a shared Apple computer in the house signed onto one Apple ID account. But if they also use a Google browser, there might be separate Google Accounts (People) signed into and out of the browser at different times. Therefore, web history can be isolated.

Same for debunking BM’s cellphone speed variances around the house during the chipmunk chasing fiasco.

Defense is well-prepared. The prosecution now knows what to expect and needs to be two steps ahead.

Someone quoted the DA saying something like: sometimes all the Justice a victim gets is taking the case to trial. I say screw that, you need to give each and all your cases your all.
This DA said that?
I agree.

Add to that: Prosecution needs the best people specializing in digital footprints. Apple/Google technicians or someone that can debunk the shared Apple ID/device confusion. It might be that they have a shared Apple computer in the house signed onto one Apple ID account. But if they also use a Google browser, there might be separate Google Accounts (People) signed into and out of the browser at different times. Therefore, web history can be isolated.

Same for debunking BM’s cellphone speed variances around the house during the chipmunk chasing fiasco.

Defense is well-prepared. The prosecution now knows what to expect and needs to be two steps ahead.

Someone quoted the DA saying something like: sometimes all the Justice a victim gets is taking the case to trial. I say screw that, you need to give each and all your cases your all.
They’ll wait until trial for that most likely, as it’s way too detailed to get into during the preliminary hearing.

The FBI has no shortage of experts in this sort of thing, and they have almost certainly been involved in analyzing this stuff since the early days of the investigation.

I agree, I think he was trying to lure her.

It fits their wednesday argument.

He says why are you divorcing me?

She says vague things like "you aren't home, I don't know what you are doing at all."

He then says, "come tour my worksite, and do you want to take a hike?"

All BS though.
His spots did not change.

^^rsbm

I disagree with CM/TIR that there was a huge fight on Friday night. PH evidence indicates that SM sent BM a message on Weds, May 6, telling him they were done and hoped to carry on civilly. The couple was said to have collected a Pizza together on Friday, May 8. We also know that BM spent Weds - Saturday attempting to make amends and love bombing SM but it didn't work. SM's mind was made on Weds -- she was done. MOO

At about the 1:06:20 min mark in this video, CM and his wife mention that BM gave his statement to LE and acknowledged the ‘pretty extensive argument’ he and SM had on Friday, 5/8/20.

Last edited:
They’ll wait until trial for that most likely, as it’s way too detailed to get into during the preliminary hearing.

The FBI has no shortage of experts in this sort of thing, and they have almost certainly been involved in analyzing this stuff since the early days of the investigation.

Oh boo. I was sure they needed my help through my bungle fingers pushing and sliding all combinations of modes on my phone from my living room. :p:D:oops:

OK, but my phone still showed as being in Airplane mode when I placed the successful call. Assuming Barry would have been in Airplane mode, he too may not have known that without disabling WiFi calling, he could have calls go through and be tracked.

Let me correct myself. It is actually “technically” still in Airplane Mode with WiFi calling enabled.

Apparently people will activate Airplane mode then enable WiFi calling as a way to avoid using the cellular network (avoid international charges).

Last edited:
Hi al66pine. I was making that statement wondering if GD was still good friends/supporter of BM or not and if the State had any reason to call him.

IDK what that relationship might be now that some evidence has come forward.

I believe it is Lauren Scharf who shows up at GD's door and he is forthcoming and gives an interview. He doesn't reveal much, but he certainly isn't all pro-Barry. In fact, I'd say he tries to carefully answer questions without throwing Barry under the bus OR sticking up for him. I don't have a transcript, though.

Based on what has been shared with facebook timestamps from the Pre-Trial, and the timeline put together by posters is this still possible for Saturday?

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

ETA: from @OldCop timeline. If the account was actually of Saturday and she was actually seen at 4pm that would be after the chipmunk episode it seems.

2:44-2:47 pm BM moving around outside house, BM shooting chipmunks?

2:44-4:44 pm Truck doesn’t move

4:44 BM truck door opens/closes

4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc

4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa (however store closes at 2 on saturdays) ***

Since my post was intended to confirm AM as the source of Saturday night and FB versus what's being reported as Friday night, I failed to add the disclaimer about BM/SM seen at a sandwich shop on Saturday at 4 pm was withdrawn and no longer believed to be accurate.

The SM sighting was withdrawn after the restaurant reporting this sighting as a tip said that they made a mistake. It was a different Suzanne that picked-up a take-out meal on Saturday.

AFTER the May 6 message, “I’m done”…..

FRIDAY “Hey honey, wanna go see where my work site is and I’ll give you a “tour””?

She declines a “tour” of the construction site and decides to meet in a public place for pizza instead.

SATURDAY “Wanna go for a hike?” Calls 11 times.

When he realized he had created a digital record of luring her on a hike he had to revert to plan “C” that night?

Is that timing correct???

Wow.

Thanks for the info,I didn’t know that .

I think the word “hike” implies something more rugged and secluded than a neighborhood walk. I don’t think that she would go alone with him into the woods, where there would be no witnesses and no one to hear if she screamed for help. MOO
I agree that a hike sounds more remote, but they could easily reach someplace secluded just by walking out their door. Have you looked at a google map overview of the area where they lived?

This DA said that?
I agree.
Yes. Found the article. It’s a ways down when she’s answering “Q: Fremont County has a number of cold cases that haven’t been prosecuted. Working with law enforcement, what steps do you think can be taken to further these cases?”

It’s towards the closing of her statement.

“Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.”

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record

I believe it is Lauren Scharf who shows up at GD's door and he is forthcoming and gives an interview. He doesn't reveal much, but he certainly isn't all pro-Barry. In fact, I'd say he tries to carefully answer questions without throwing Barry under the bus OR sticking up for him. I don't have a transcript, though.

I believe LS confirmed she was never able to connect with GD but LS and her camera person did talk to his wife serval times. Do you have a recent link - thanks!

Yes. Found the article. It’s a ways down when she’s answering “Q: Fremont County has a number of cold cases that haven’t been prosecuted. Working with law enforcement, what steps do you think can be taken to further these cases?”

It’s towards the closing of her statement.

“Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.”

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record

Well thats true.
No telling where this will really go, at least to trial IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member