AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not aware that CH has returned to the area nor do I know if CM is still in the area to interview them in person. I'd be there to support my daughter going through such an emotionally difficult time. It makes me wonder if CH and DW really don't get along. JMO
I don’t think CH has returned. I don’t know what the usual rotation was between her home and TN.

I think it is more likely a utility such as the power company was trimming the trees and they used a licensed contractor for liability reasons. Whomever it was, LE would have investigated early on, imo.

This is the first I've heard of a church fire and have no idea if it is relevant.
bbm
Agreed. ^^^

Maybe it was a fire in a different state, though ?
There are massive blazes going on in some western states right now like CA.
So prob. irrelevant to this case at this time.
Imo.

A neighbor hearing screams should and I think would have been front page news with this case! It's always been that she vanished into thin air - "just gone" in "two minutes" after going to the basement. Now there are haunting screams? Haunting screams that later are said to be muffled screams trying to get a breath out? What??
The MSM coverage on this case has been pretty sparse IMO.

I understand where you are coming from. The reason the focus is on the parents is for the sake of finding "truth" and "facts". Actually, it looks like a back end approach that professionals are taking. On the other hand, it is pretty clever. Some LE who have experience with certain types of crime can see a bigger picture.

It is said, "you can catch more flies with honey (past survivor) than you can with vinegar, (present day perp)."

So , "you can catch more criminals with the past foot prints then you can with current finger prints." Dick Tracy Lee

What is the hunters MO- Modus Operandi: pattern, method.
What type - group /individual/loner? It all leads to possibilities or probabilities.
What type of circles navigate around the hunter, or what "hunters" does the hunter attrack.
Talking about a main subject's past may distract the perp. They may think the LE is way off.
Depending on the victim or perp, the truth and facts lie in the past. Unless there is an eyewittness to the present circumstances, the past is all that they have to connect dots.

With that said, my first questions.

Who does the city hire to cut trees?
Day laborers with experience? Migrants? Church members with experience?
DW said he has had drug users that haven't worked out because of their habit.
Sonds sketcy. (who does Mr. "Sketchy" bring into the picture). Skimping on solid reliable employees to save a buck has it's risks. That is including the city.

Who was in the trees that day?

How does the county cut trees on private property? Would the Wells higher "landscapers" to cut back their trees. Really. Would they? IMO probably not.

Sounds like another lawsuit if an abdution points to officials.

Also, WHO posted a picture of CW sleeping in church?
RED FLAG! in my opinion.
It wasn't the Wells who posted the negative photo.

WHO BURNED THE CHURCH DOWN? What was in the attic where the fire started?

It was my understanding that the power company was trimming and cutting within their right of way. Not the county. The power company probably has a vigorous and ongoing cutting program to help prevent trees and branches from falling on their equipment during storms.

The church that burned was not the Wells’ church, but I think we always wonder about arson when a church goes up in flames. I know I do.

<modsnip>

MOO

A neighbor hearing screams should and I think would have been front page news with this case! It's always been that she vanished into thin air - "just gone" in "two minutes" after going to the basement. Now there are haunting screams? Haunting screams that later are said to be muffled screams trying to get a breath out? What??
LE plays their cards close to the vest. They may have asked the neighbors not to speak to the media and may have asked CBW and DW not to mention the screams.
For all we know, LE may be watching a suspect <modsnip>, but CBW and DW might not even be in the loop.

So on a different day, after SW was already missing. Sounds like the boys were fighting, per the linked article:
“They’re kind of fighting more than usual,” said Wells. “They got into it first thing this morning, and the team come running up the hill, they heard screams, and so I’ve been trying to keep it down.”

LE plays their cards close to the vest. They may have asked the neighbors not to speak to the media and may have asked CBW and DW not to mention the screams.
For all we know, LE may be watching a suspect <modsnip>, but CBW and DW might not even be in the loop.
Do you think that maybe DW has been in contact with LE in the last few days? I only ask because if he wasn't allowed to say anything before how does he know he's allowed to mention the scream now?

Do you think that maybe DW has been in contact with LE in the last few days? I only ask because if he wasn't allowed to say anything before how does he know he's allowed to mention the scream now?
I think that he may have stopped listening to their advice out of frustration with the apparent lack of progress. (LE can ask someone not to mention something but they can't disallow any statement; they don't have judicial authority.)

I understand where you are coming from. The reason the focus is on the parents is for the sake of finding "truth" and "facts". Actually, it looks like a back end approach that professionals are taking. On the other hand, it is pretty clever. Some LE who have experience with certain types of crime can see a bigger picture.

It is said, "you can catch more flies with honey (past survivor) than you can with vinegar, (present day perp)."

So , "you can catch more criminals with the past foot prints then you can with current finger prints." Dick Tracy Lee

What is the hunters MO- Modus Operandi: pattern, method.
What type - group /individual/loner? It all leads to possibilities or probabilities.
What type of circles navigate around the hunter, or what "hunters" does the hunter attrack.
Talking about a main subject's past may distract the perp. They may think the LE is way off.
Depending on the victim or perp, the truth and facts lie in the past. Unless there is an eyewittness to the present circumstances, the past is all that they have to connect dots.

With that said, my first questions.

Who does the city hire to cut trees?
Day laborers with experience? Migrants? Church members with experience?
DW said he has had drug users that haven't worked out because of their habit.
Sonds sketcy. (who does Mr. "Sketchy" bring into the picture). Skimping on solid reliable employees to save a buck has it's risks. That is including the city.

Who was in the trees that day?

How does the county cut trees on private property? Would the Wells higher "landscapers" to cut back their trees. Really. Would they? IMO probably not.

Sounds like another lawsuit if an abdution points to officials.

<modsnip>

WHO BURNED THE CHURCH DOWN? What was in the attic where the fire started?
bbm
Re. the lavender bolded :
Do you have links for the city hiring migrant workers or church employees hired to trim the trees ?
Speculation : Curious as I've not heard that the tree trimmers were in either of those groups.
My guess would be that the city doesn't want to risk an accident on the job (worker's compensation issues ?), so they'd only hire experienced employees.
As far as employing drug users, this may have been hinted at by DW himself, but certainly not the city.
Again I'd point out that there could be insurance issues.

My friend's husband is a modern day lumberjack and he'd be the first to say that no -- the city isn't going to hire migrants or church congregants.
Someone like himself or others employed with a good work record, yes.
The Wells' wouldn't have hired the tree trimming, since it was on a public road or thoroughfare, as was explained in the media thread.
The city might hire landscapers if the job requirements were applicable.

By now if it was a tree trimmer/lumberjack who took Summer, LE would have either an arrest or would be officially leaning in that direction; and those employees would've been thoroughly checked out by now, and im0 -- cleared.
Tremendous resources have been brought in by the local LE and anyone in or around the area in the time Summer was disappeared would have been examined as to their alibi, etc.
Speculation : There may have been people who LE didn't feel had any connection to Summer, and those people wouldn't have been needed to be checked out.

Re. the green bolded : Did you have a link about the church fire, and which state it was in ?
I'm going to look it up myself ; and so far there's no evidence about the church being the SDA church the Well's had been visiting occasionally.

Edit: Found the link :

Greene County church ‘total loss’ after fire | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Sad for that congregation.
From the video still photo in the msm article at the beginning of the clip; it looks like a one story structure with a peaked 'belfry' --if that's the correct term ?
So, probably nothing in the church attic.
There's no mention in the article that this was the church the Well's had recently attended.
But if they had, this makes the fire no less disheartening for the church.
MOO.

I think that he may have stopped listening to their advice out of frustration with the apparent lack of progress. (LE can ask someone not to mention something but they can't disallow any statement; they don't have judicial authority.)
Apparent lack of progress as it appears to him do you mean? As we don't honestly know what progress they have made. Like you said previously I think they are keeping things close to the vest.

That is the right question.
Afaik, there were five people present at the house when Summer vanished.
Imo.
Maybe there WAS a scream. Maybe they all heard it but only the neighbor is reporting it? I don't really believe that, though. If this was true, DW would have brought it up from the beginning and not stopped talking about it since it would seem to support his abduction theory. All MOO!

Most parents of missing children (no matter their age) hold out hope of survival until there’s proof of death, hoping their child beats the odds.

DW began referring to Summer in the past tense very quickly after she disappeared. The almost immediate assumption that she is dead seems off.

jmo

In his interview with the Chers, he also referred to the boys in past tense.
He is probably doing this because none of them are currently in his life.

AMOO MOO JMO

*ALL MY OPINION*

What in a father's mind when asked a question would make him decide that he needs to paint his missing 5 year old daughter as a bully (taking things from all of her brothers that weren't hers, breaking them and laughing about it). And then continue on to defend his sons and then specifically bring attention to the defense of the oldest?

All of this while answering a simple yes or no question about his daughters health.

I have trouble with this.

I have 5 children and this behavior is not normal to me least. I have trouble believing that that no siblings retaliated in any way. I have zero faith in that statement. I wasn't born yesterday.

In my experience with siblings, students and raising my children, they fight back, defend their toys, they say hey thats mine, they grab it back, push down, hit, yell, cry and scream. Most they defend themselves and what is theirs.

IMO, This was a very random piece of information that had nothing to do with the question. This is concerning to me. What made him feel that this whole response was necessary?

Any thoughts on DWs rambling answer about Summer being autistic or not?

I don't think DW understands what autistic is.

moo

I remember someone referencing a scream very early on, I'm sure it was CW that said it? Someone said it, they heard a scream and she was gone. Someome tell me they remember this too?!

The only thing about a scream that I remember is DW, in one of his interviews, saying that while teaching Summer about meth monsters , he would would sneak up behind and put his hands over her mouth and she would try to scream cause he scared her. It was in the 2nd TIR video, I think. I will go look.

It was my understanding that the power company was trimming and cutting within their right of way. Not the county. The power company probably has a vigorous and ongoing cutting program to help prevent trees and branches from falling on their equipment during storms.

The church that burned was not the Wells’ church, but I think we always wonder about arson when a church goes up in flames. I know I do.

The video showing CW slumped in the pew and asleep during church appeared (to me) to be a general video of the entire congregation and the event they were attending. Not something directed specifically at CW, but uncovered after SW vanished.

MOO
bbm
Thanks !
Answered the first question I had; and I agree about the church video --it was a general video of the program the church was putting on for the (Sat.?) service.
It was a same denomination church but a different county than the one Summer was disappeared from.
Imo.

Last edited:
I remember the bunk bed...I do not recall it being for Summer and brother.
There were 2 sets of bunk beds. One upstairs, which CW said was for the two older boys; and the other downstairs bunk beds which were for Summer and the youngest boy. Then it shows mattresses or blanket pallets on the floor next to the downstairs bunk beds - CW says that since Summer disappeared, she has all 3 boys sleeping in the basement.

All of this is from the approved house walk through interview video with CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa