Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, atleast the 2nd half of the day should be pretty short if this is the last witness. Still not getting the feeling BM will be bound over at all, but I definitely don't think he will be held for M1. JMO

I'm so disappointed in what the prosecution has offered. It feels kinda like the DA jumped too soon so that she could have such a high profile case for her first case as a DA. I hope not, but I'm not convinced.

That is interesting …
ETA: Figure out who was in there and solve some other crimes..

wasn’t Suzanne looking for homes to buy in Arizona and around Salida before she went missing? Also Barry had connections around Arizona I think CM was talking about that on his show and possibly that was one of the places he might flee when his truck was loaded up before his arrest. Arizona connection is strange especially with the DNA connection on the glove box. JMO

I feel fairly confident enough was presented to go to trial. I do fear Barry may get bond and the charges could be dropped down to 2nd D. But, I feel for sure the judge who signed the charges warrant was convinced enough to let the DA go forward with 1st degree. I'm certainly not a lawyer. This is Jmo. I think there's a lot more that we'll hear at trial. The waiting will be so hard.

Updated list of things is have to ignore to believe Barry is innocent.

What was going on in that marriage.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

The fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

The psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

Barry forgetting what he threw away.

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The scratches on his arms (3 potential fingernail marks on his upper arm).

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

The missing towel Suzanne was photographed with in her last “proof of life.”

What I miss?

We’d also have to believe that BM ‘couldn’t recall’ the answer to 95 questions asked of him by the FBI after auditing his previous interviews.

I have no doubt those questions were very pointed and incriminating.

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 3m
CBI was notified that there was another DNA profile match to an unsolved sexual assault case in Pheonix Arizona from the DNA found on #SuzanneMorphew glovebox. In April 2021 Defense says there was another match from an unsolved sex assault case, this time in Chicago @KKTV11News

What. The. Heck. ??!!

Auto retailer \detailer hiring Sex offenders?

Near me a very popular + low cost car wash hires homeless + street people to wash, clean + vacuum, dust + detail cars. I can see this happening while someone is searching glove box , etc for valuables.

Last edited:
THE
CBD Tim and his drug deals on the streets of Salida ......moo

This CBD Tim thing makes me laugh - I think the most logical explanation to this is that it's possible this Tim guy sells legal CBD maybe has his own business and SM had it in her phone as "CBD Tim." I do that all the time for people I work with I put work and then the persons name.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

What I miss?
As always, you get a 100 plus bonus points for your insightful summaries. I hope the judge thinks like you.

wasn’t Suzanne looking for homes to buy in Arizona and around Salida before she went missing? Also Barry had connections around Arizona I think CM was talking about that on his show and possibly that was one of the places he might flee when his truck was loaded up before his arrest. Arizona connection is strange especially with the DNA connection on the glove box. JMO
Maybe they bought the Range Rover in AZ too.

What I miss?

The splintered door moulding?

I am glad i saw the overwhelming poll results for BM going to trial just now. I am not that confident, but so glad most of you believe it will go to trial. I am not too experienced with all of this, so I will have faith based on the poll.. and @MassGuy feeling positive about this. Sound ok? :)

Maybe they will be to sustain Murder 1 at this hearing. Colorado Prelim standard:

It is unnecessary at a preliminary hearing for the prosecution to show beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the crime, or even the probability of the defendant's conviction. Instead, the trial court is obligated at the preliminary hearing to view the evidence in the light most favorable to the prosecution and the prosecution therefore is accorded latitude at the preliminary hearing to establish probable cause that the defendant committed the crime charged. People v. District Ct., 17th Jud. Dist., 926 P.2d 567 (Colo. 1996).

Rule 5 - Preliminary Proceedings, Colo. R. Crim. P. 5 | Casetext Search + Citator

I understand that BARD is not required for a prelim, but I would have liked ANY evidence that a crime was even committed. Imo, all that has been proven is that Barry is a liar. That is barely a crime and only becomes a crime when he lied to law enforcement, but he wasn't even charged with that. I have seen nothing that comes close to even showing Suzanne is dead. I believe she is, but if what the prosecution showed as their meat and potatoes is the majority of their case, I definitely don't see an M1 conviction coming down the line. I'm not even convinced there will be a trial. I am 100% a Suzanne supporter, but if this goes to trial and I was a juror, unless there is a huge bombshell, I would not be able to convict Barry based on what we have seen if I follow the rules that jurors are required to follow in making their decisions. I think LS got cocky and saw this as her career making case, but has failed spectacularly in my opinion.

For Suzanne's sake, I hope I'm wrong. I'm worried tho. Jmo

THE

This CBD Tim thing makes me laugh - I think the most logical explanation to this is that it's possible this Tim guy sells legal CBD maybe has his own business and SM had it in her phone as "CBD Tim." I do that all the time for people I work with I put work and then the persons name.

Everytime I've thought about this today I've been giggling to myself - have received some very strange looks too :eek:o_O

I am glad i saw the overwhelming poll results for BM going to trial just now. I am not that confident, but so glad most of you believe it will go to trial. I am not too experienced with all of this, so I will have faith based on the poll.. and @MassGuy feeling positive about this. Sound ok? :)
There was a tweet about tension between the defense and state? Since you were in the court room, assuming you were, did you notice it?

What I miss?
good one @MassGuy
I'm feeling the need to create a Barry document listing all his quoted words from the PH. just all barry. worth my time? especially the "drinking" quotes disparaging her -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519