AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking, if I had a 5 year old sleeping in the backseat of the car, the last thing I would do is wake her up when I got home.
I'd throw that sleeping little girl over my shoulder and put her into her own bed, so she could finish her nap.
When the kids are asleep, is the time Mom's get a little break.
Wonder why CW chose to wake her instead of carrying her inside to continue her nap?

From what I understood from the Interview Rooms, the stairway down to the basement was very steep and dark. I doubt that Candus could have safely carried a sleeping Summer down those steep basement stairs.

Quite the coincidence, eh?

I don't get the importance of him taking her car. Chris McDonough Interview Room, Let's Analyze Don Wells' Statement With Forensic Statement Analyst Steve Johnson Part 2, Steve had an analysis of Don using the car to call attention to his presence. He was recognized as being at work. Talking to Jamie, a co-worker, Steve said, was for the same purpose. It's all speculation in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't get the importance of him taking her car. Chris McDonough Interview Room, Let's Analyze Don Wells' Statement With Forensic Statement Analyst Steve Johnson Part 2, Steve had an analysis of Don using the car to call attention to his presence. He was recognized as being at work. Talking to Jamie, a co-worker, Steve said, was for the same purpose. It's all speculation in my opinion.
So CM talked to his coworkers to verify that he was at work?

I don't see how the red car would call more attention to his presence either. I doubt he worked with a large number of employees. He's pretty hard to miss, especially if he talks as much on the job as he does in interviews.

Yes I think it was so that the car would stick out like a sore thumb and they would say, wow that's a nice car Don and it would bring attention. They would in fact say, well yes he was at work that day because he was driving a brand new car to work and putting dirty supplies and tools inside it.

We were discussing the fact that Don had made the statement "Someone put her in her car and drove her not too far away".

So him taking her car is important to our conversation if the "her car" was the Subaru.

I have found it difficult to imagine why SW would go down into the basement bedroom to play with her toys as it is so dark down there. If DW got home before CW, could he have been having a rest down there?

But they believed someone took her, so the abductor could have been on foot and could be in the woods on their property, with Summer. Even if they believed Summer wouldn't go into the woods, an abductor could have her there and silenced her. As a parent, that's what I would have thought. They had all that land, not just their house. In five minutes, abductor and Summer could still be on their property.

Her family believed there was only a finite area in which she could be. To that end, it's reasonable.
Let's assume they knew their child would not venture into the woods, for sure and certain.

They had already searched the property she normally occupied. The child was not there. They'd probably searched it over and over and there were 5 of them searching, including the 3 children. It probably took them only a very short time to complete their searches.
Because that is all it took.

They had reason to believe she was not 'somewhere in their 11 acres' there were only specific places she could physically be by her own volition.
It's like looking in an open-plan building, seeing there are no people there and being able to declare that with confidence.

This is a possibility.
IMO

But they believed someone took her, so the abductor could have been on foot and could be in the woods on their property, with Summer. Even if they believed Summer wouldn't go into the woods, an abductor could have her there and silenced her. As a parent, that's what I would have thought. They had all that land, not just their house. In five minutes, abductor and Summer could still be on their property.
Context.
They said she was gone when they realised she was not in any of the places she could have got to of her own volition.

That is my understanding of what 'she is gone' meant to them.
It meant she had been taken. To them.

From what I understood from the Interview Rooms, the stairway down to the basement was very steep and dark. I doubt that Candus could have safely carried a sleeping Summer down those steep basement stairs.
She could use the back door. That would be my preference all the time instead of climbing

Her family believed there was only a finite area in which she could be. To that end, it's reasonable.
Let's assume they knew their child would not venture into the woods, for sure and certain.

They had already searched the property she normally occupied. The child was not there. They'd probably searched it over and over and there were 5 of them searching, including the 3 children. It probably took them only a very short time to complete their searches.
Because that is all it took.

They had reason to believe she was not 'somewhere in their 11 acres' there were only specific places she could physically be by her own volition.
It's like looking in an open-plan building, seeing there are no people there and being able to declare that with confidence.

This is a possibility.
IMO
But a lot of that 11 acres is dense brush. It would take days to thoroughly search. If she was not found in those specific places they knew of, why would they stop at that point? If your girl is missing would you not continue searching all the rest of the area? It's like looking for your car keys that are normally on a table. Not there? They must have been stolen.

But a lot of that 11 acres is dense brush. It would take days to thoroughly search. If she was not found in those specific places they knew of, why would they stop at that point? If your girl is missing would you not continue searching all the rest of the area? It's like looking for your car keys that are normally on a table. Not there? They must have been stolen.
We were discussing the phrase 'She's gone' and how they could have known she was 'gone'.
Gone of her own volition was ruled out, IMO.
There are far more than 11 acres, there are thousands of acres there .

The dog tracks, allegedly stopped at the road, at the end of the track, it was subsequently claimed.

We were discussing the phrase 'She's gone' and how they could have known she was 'gone'.
Gone of her own volition was ruled out, IMO.
There are far more than 11 acres, there are thousands of acres there .

The dog tracks, allegedly stopped at the road, at the end of the track, it was subsequently claimed.
Exactly - "she's gone" after only a cursory search. DW didn't search at all before he "just knew". As you say, thousands of acres there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa