UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything but the kitchen sink

The sink picture was reported on Itn news when CL first went missing. Like the hair dye picture and other evidence, bus cctv, focus cctv - the police have revealed it for a reason - they feel
It’s important. When you read about the case - “the left handed smoker” comes into view on a couple of occasions - with a black hoodie seen on melrosegate bridge “allegedly “ and a cig end found in CLS car also is said to
Belong to a left handed smoker. We think
CL is right handed but some of the cutlery and toothbrush seems to be placed in the sink by a left handed person - I think it may be relevant
- there again it may not. Another observation is if you look at the two top dishes they both look like breakfast bowls - both used by Claudia on following days or perhaps by someone who
Has stopped over - two glasses of wine, two pints, two breakfast dishes - left together out of sight from the rear of her home in the morning? A married man locally well known?

Everything but the kitchen sink

The sink picture was reported on Itn news when CL first went missing. Like the hair dye picture and other evidence, bus cctv, focus cctv - the police have revealed it for a reason - they feel
It’s important. When you read about the case - “the left handed smoker” comes into view on a couple of occasions - with a black hoodie seen on melrosegate bridge “allegedly “ and a cig end found in CLS car also is said to
Belong to a left handed smoker. We think
CL is right handed but some of the cutlery and toothbrush seems to be placed in the sink by a left handed person - I think it may be relevant
- there again it may not. Another observation is if you look at the two top dishes they both look like breakfast bowls - both used by Claudia on following days or perhaps by someone who
Has stopped over - two glasses of wine, two pints, two breakfast dishes - left together out of sight from the rear of her home in the morning? A married man locally well known?

The longer this search goes on with no news the more I think the police have found nothing of interest.

Was just going to ask...when was the last actual Police update given thread has veered back into theories of the night of the 18th....Thursday, Wednesday?

Was hoping they'd pinpointed a good spot and found things of interest but you'd have thought they'd have announced that already while continuing more searches around the gravel pit.

Was just going to ask...when was the last actual Police update given thread has veered back into theories of the night of the 18th....Thursday, Wednesday?

Was hoping they'd pinpointed a good spot and found things of interest but you'd have thought they'd have announced that already while continuing more searches around the gravel pit.
I don’t think they have anything, I’ve looked over the area and it’s absolutely vast - plus there’s all the mod land surrounding it - haystack and needle spring to mind. It’s a lottery - they will need to be exceptionally lucky to find anything after 12 years and that’s if there’s anything there.

I don’t think the house or the breakfast dishes or the toothbrush has anything to do with Claudia going missing, I think she was grabbed on the way to work and bundled in the car.
As soon as she left her door as two possible cctv captures before touching the end of her road. Just feel someone would have heard a scream or a scuffle in that small time frame x

Yes, on balance it seems more likely that she left Heworth Road (unclear from which address) in a vehicle, rather than on foot.

As soon as she left her door as two possible cctv captures before touching the end of her road. Just feel someone would have heard a scream or a scuffle in that small time frame x

Has anything been researched on CL house. The outside layout looks like it might have once connected to next door? The roofing is the same as the house to the right…. But a different height.
Did the later added extension to her house have any skylights that would access the bathroom and kitchen?

Has anything been researched on CL house. The outside layout looks like it might have once connected to next door? The roofing is the same as the house to the right…. But a different height.

From the info I’ve seen, the houses on Heworth Road were built mid 1800s. Number 50 is noted as “letter receiving office” on the 1852 OS Map. They could well have shared loft spaces as some houses built around that time do not have dividing barriers in lofts.

I viewed a number of similar age houses a few years ago - some had shared loft space and others had dividing walls put in much later.

Last edited:
There are both unidentified dna and partial fingerprints found in Claudia's house Forensic re-examination theory
Claudia bought her house 2 years before she left for the last time. The DNA samples could belong to the previous owners and any one of their friends or any workmen who entered the house - plumber, electrician, handyman...

I don’t think they have anything, I’ve looked over the area and it’s absolutely vast - plus there’s all the mod land surrounding it - haystack and needle spring to mind. It’s a lottery - they will need to be exceptionally lucky to find anything after 12 years and that’s if there’s anything there.

Was just hoping the enviornmental search had clocked something given all the resources that have been put into this search e.g. they'd found a possession of CL's as speculated on here and they concluded the body would be somewhere close to this although of course it could've been buried elsewhere or even moved in the 12 years since.

Last NYP update was Thursday evening:
Claudia Lawrence investigation update - North Yorkshire Police

Yorkshire Live had photos of Alecto still at the site on Friday. Nothing since then:
Claudia Lawrence case live as searches of lake and woodland continue

Did the later added extension to her house have any skylights that would access the bathroom and kitchen?
In the kitchen was a large sky light. Both front and back door chub lock only(No Yale) x

Attachments

• FECEF5FB-D52D-4AC4-BDD7-4B49F17E6DEC.jpeg
    FECEF5FB-D52D-4AC4-BDD7-4B49F17E6DEC.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 179
  • BDA707D0-3E94-4440-9DA2-69163243E4FE.jpeg
    BDA707D0-3E94-4440-9DA2-69163243E4FE.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 150C2A04-AFC3-4CA2-9DBB-B1505710EFFC.jpeg
    150C2A04-AFC3-4CA2-9DBB-B1505710EFFC.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 95638A80-1AD3-4641-B0A0-C0E5069E4340.jpeg
    95638A80-1AD3-4641-B0A0-C0E5069E4340.jpeg