UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the kitchen was a large sky light. Both front and back door chub lock only(No Yale) x

Great pics that really help explain the layout of the rear extension.

Out of interest do you or anyone else have a more extensive collection of pics from within the house to get a more complete feel of the entirety of the property?

Seeing I'm a new member that only signed up minutes ago after the renewed interest in the Claudia Lawrence case lead me here, I feel I should chip in with my own very brief thoughts of what happened.

I think the disappearance itself wasn't planned to a meticulous level at all. Instead I believe that she did indeed leave on the morning of her disappearance and was picked up in a car by someone she knew. I think within hours she came to harm within a few miles of her home and her phone was turned off shortly after. I think Claudia unfortunately done a lot of the work in her own demise by effectively removing herself from the scene and knowingly or not the person/s responsible became much harder to track down as a result.

I think in a stroke of good luck from the eyes of the perpetrator/s they decided to ride that luck out to this current day and not say a word.

In the kitchen was a large sky light. Both front and back door chub lock only(No Yale) x

Interesting. From the mirror and what looks like a jar of cotton buds on the worktop, plus the absence of a mirror over the bathroom sink, I'm wondering if perhaps CL was in the habit of using the kitchen to do her makeup, and maybe even brush her teeth after all, so maybe toothbrush not so significant?

In fact the bathroom looks very sparse, only a handwash dispenser over the sink, no shower gel or other things in the shower or around the bath.

ETA: apologies if I am covering old ground, I am working my way through the old threads. I stopped following thread before, but with recent developments have started to take interest again.

Last edited:
Interesting. From the mirror and what looks like a jar of cotton buds on the worktop, plus the absence of a mirror over the bathroom sink, I'm wondering if perhaps CL was in the habit of using the kitchen to do her makeup, and maybe even brush her teeth after all, so maybe toothbrush not so significant?

In fact the bathroom looks very sparse, only a handwash dispenser over the sink, no shower gel or other things in the shower or around the bath.
I think a lot of these photos will have been after police removed her personal items. In the article it states the police had removed personal items from the house- and implies very little was left (they even took her tv) presumably as potential evidence. There are two screw holes for a mirror above the bathroom sink, so at some point there was a mirror and we can’t just assume it wasn’t seized for dna and fingerprint samples.
Inside Claudia Lawrence's home eight years after her disappearance

ETA: apologies if I am covering old ground, I am working my way through the old threads. I stopped following thread before, but with recent developments have started to take interest again.
I wondered if the shower-gel was removed by the forensic team as that would have dabs on it.
Did police strategically position the dye and the dishes in the sink to send a message to the offenders that they knew quite a bit (To flush them out). Perhaps by showing that shower-gel Etc. was removed would also scare the offenders?

My opinion only.

With regards the pots, as I said earlier it is not included in the police photos, nor was it in any of the early news articles- I genuinely think the photo everyone is analysing was from a reconstruction they did and may not be totally accurate of where and what was in the sink. Hers mums comments recently were about her not eating breakfast, so why did they claim they were breakfast plates- the photo obviously doesn’t show breakfast items. The hair dye kit which is included as evidence by the police on their page was not how the stuff was found, it was in the bin and then laid out for photographing afterwards. It’s easy to start analysing the photos, but I wouldn’t read anything into most of them to be honest as over the time, the line has blurred between reconstructions (which may not be entirely accurate) to more recent photos when the house had been searched and analyses by police- certainly very few of them (if any) are crime scene photos.

I think most people do their hair and make up in rooms other than the bathroom - usually due to space and lighting. I don't think that's odd. I don't think it odd that she took her straighteners to work either, as a frizzy haired person, I have often taken mine out with me.

In the pics I have seen, I don't really find anything odd about her house and way of living. The pots in the sink are reasonable for even a tidy person - they're in the sink not just left on the worktop in a mess. It's a version of tidy.

I find it much odder that they are referred to as 'breakfast dishes' and that it looks like they were for feeding and watering more than one person.

I think a lot of these photos will have been after police removed her personal items. In the article it states the police had removed personal items from the house- and implies very little was left (they even took her tv) presumably as potential evidence. There are two screw holes for a mirror above the bathroom sink, so at some point there was a mirror and we can’t just assume it wasn’t seized for dna and fingerprint samples.
Inside Claudia Lawrence's home eight years after her disappearance

Thanks. I knew those pictures in The Sun and Mirror were long after, wasn't sure about the ITV News screengrabs.

With a Chubb lock you have to deliberately turn the key.
With a Yale, the door slams shut and locks.
From what you describe Vixey, Claudia may not have locked her door after returning home.

This struck me as possible.

I think most people do their hair and make up in rooms other than the bathroom - usually due to space and lighting. I don't think that's odd. I don't think it odd that she took her straighteners to work either, as a frizzy haired person, I have often taken mine out with me.

In the pics I have seen, I don't really find anything odd about her house and way of living. The pots in the sink are reasonable for even a tidy person - they're in the sink not just left on the worktop in a mess. It's a version of tidy.

I find it much odder that they are referred to as 'breakfast dishes' and that it looks like they were for feeding and watering more than one person.
I think someone needs to search a link for the original photo of the plates as that would provide clarity- finding it and pasting it from google images doesn’t give context. I don’t believe the police wouldn’t have come to the same conclusions we did over that photo- so if the police said they were breakfast dishes and her mum said they were breakfast dishes, but her daughter doesn’t eat breakfast- why are we down the rabbit hole of what is a bowl full of evening plates?

I think someone needs to search a link for the original photo of the plates as that would provide clarity- finding it and pasting it from google images doesn’t give context. I don’t believe the police wouldn’t have come to the same conclusions we did over that photo- so if the police said they were breakfast dishes and her mum said they were breakfast dishes, but her daughter doesn’t eat breakfast- why are we down the rabbit hole of what is a bowl full of evening plates?
Perhaps the police know more than they are letting on.

Did they stage the dinner plates again to send out a message to say "We know that she entertained someone for dinner"?

Police rarely let pictures into the media for no reason at all.

Again MOI.

Perhaps the police know more than they are letting on.

Did they stage the dinner plates again to send out a message to say "We know that she entertained someone for dinner"?

Police rarely let pictures into the media for no reason at all.

Again MOI.
It’s not a police photo- all their photos of the hair dye and CCTV etc are freely available on their webpage about Claudia- this photo isn’t on there.
ETA- I agree, I think personally it was reconstructed like that for tv to raise certain peoples anxiety. But weirdly whoever was there would know they didn’t have a glass of wine or what have you if the photo wasn’t accurate- so who were they trying to antagonise with it by implying two people had been there the night before?

just a couple of random thoughts.....ive been thinking that poring over photos of Claudius kitchen is a waste of time....but I dont think the police would. have thought that, otherwise they wouldn't. have released them...maybe, though, they've served their purpose...if they were meant to tell the culprit they knew something, he or she. would. have realised it by now and its had no effect, or the police were wrong. in their assumpti0ns.....if they were meant to provoke useful information from the public, the tactic hasn't worked either.

if the search of the woodland and lake came from a chance survey or whatever, then they must have found some kind of evidence....whether. truly linked to claudia or not we dont know...it could, for. example, be a backpack of the same kind as Claudius without being hers.

if it was a tip off, they could have just said that she was taken into. the woods...you can drain the lake but her body ore possessions. would. be very difficult. to find without a location

just a couple of random thoughts.....ive been thinking that poring over photos of Claudius kitchen is a waste of time....but I dont think the police would. have thought that, otherwise they wouldn't. have released them...maybe, though, they've served their purpose...if they were meant to tell the culprit they knew something, he or she. would. have realised it by now and its had no effect, or the police were wrong. in their assumpti0ns.....if they were meant to provoke useful information from the public, the tactic hasn't worked either.

if the search of the woodland and lake came from a chance survey or whatever, then they must have found some kind of evidence....whether. truly linked to claudia or not we dont know...it could, for. example, be a backpack of the same kind as Claudius without being hers.

if it was a tip off, they could have just said that she was taken into. the woods...you can drain the lake but her body ore possessions. would. be very difficult. to find without a location
The police must be under immense pressure to obtain a result. They seem to be under most pressure on the anniversary of her disappearance.

All credit to them though, they don't seem to be trying to just put anyone in the frame.

I was reading the presss statements of both when she first went missing and when the case was handed over to the second senior officer and it does appear that the first investigating officer missed many things.
Perhaps this had a bearing on what the CPS were able to let bring to trial ?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member