UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

Here’s my two-penneth (all my humble opinion) based on what I’ve read:
In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

All of the above is all my humble opinion only.

Thank you to all the hard work which has gone before me.

You are not alone in these thoughts. JMO MOO

I've said before that while the circumstantial evidence points to something like this, all versions of the possible motive are odd!

In the scenario below, the ruthlessness of 'the four' in efficiently making this happen is extraordinary, combined with a medieval rural morality, whereby cheating males are forgiven, and cheating females stoned to death! And an omerta-like silence of decades afterwards.

But I don't rule it out. All possible motives for this are weird - because the trigger is likely to have been an illicit relationship, and the outcome (murder) so viciously severe. A bout of uncontrolled rage could connect those particular two dots, but then why would 3 or 4 other people take such huge risks to protect the rager?

First time poster, what a great site and what a great thread from all the amazing contributors. Really, first class.

In my humble opinion the police aren’t looking for anyone else, I opine they probably know who the 5 people involved are. It’s possible the 5th person may have been publicly defending the other 4 possibly because the 5th person may have killed CL and the 4 could potentially be accomplices who helped clean up the scene - being well versed in doing that. The 5th person could have been young, naïve and jealous. The 5th person may have been good friends with CL. The 5th person may have been or may continue to be in a relationship with one of the other 4?
CL being single could have had a fling with at least one of the other 4 and that one could have been or continue to be in a relationship with the 5th person. The 5th person could have found out about this, possibly when CL was drunk either told directly by CL or indirectly. This could be why CL was acting unusually and avoiding the NH and the 5th person.
The 5th person could have had means of accessing CL’s house - possibly by key if they had one from the past or possibly from one of the 4 who had a known obvious interest in locks. Maybe the 5th person had first hand experience of CL’s morning routine to make it look like CL had left in the morning. It’s possible the 5th person strangled CL with the hair straighteners cable in a fit of jealousy - over the fling. The other 4 may have helped the 5th person dispose of the body.
Perhaps the man and woman arguing are the 5th person and one of the other 4, possibly her lover, and they’re trying to come to terms with what’s happened and what to do next.

Timing of Fox appeal in March for that person to make Contact again to his recent search Interview as he showed appreciation again for a person continuing to do so. I feel very much the timing of PL death is significant x

I agree with you vixey, about the timing being. connected with pls death...fear ill be mumbling not necessarily again in my sleep tonight.

of course, if it was to protect pl from being hurt, there's still her. mother to think off
its a long shot, but. perhaps its attempt to hide the identity of the culprit....maybe pl would instantly associate this area with someone or a group of people

I've said before that while the circumstantial evidence points to something like this, all versions of the possible motive are odd!

In the scenario below, the ruthlessness of 'the four' in efficiently making this happen is extraordinary, combined with a medieval rural morality, whereby cheating males are forgiven, and cheating females stoned to death! And an omerta-like silence of decades afterwards.

But I don't rule it out. All possible motives for this are weird - because the trigger is likely to have been an illicit relationship, and the outcome (murder) so viciously severe. A bout of uncontrolled rage could connect those particular two dots, but then why would 3 or 4 other people take such huge risks to protect the rager?

Your post triggered a thought: a collaborative cover up is more understandable if the death was manslaughter, or presented to the others as such. Someone, angry at CL, pushes her and she hits her head and dies. Just a speculative idea, not sure I’m convinced by it myself!

I also wondered about a sinister meeting of the group at some point along the lines of "This time she's gone too far and we have to make it stop once and for all."

Your post triggered a thought: a collaborative cover up is more understandable if the death was manslaughter, or presented to the others as such. Someone, angry at CL, pushes her and she hits her head and dies. Just a speculative idea, not sure I’m convinced by it myself!

Or pitched as a self defence/accident combo. Though in such a portrayal there would need to be an 'additional factor' which would persuade any potential accomplices that the events surrounding the death could not be satisfactorily explained to police as such.

The "intervention gone wrong" theory.

this would have to happen after Claudia called her mother though.
I’m going more on the lines of “crime of passion” (jealousy) covered up by the others.

why cover it up? Perhaps to obligate the 5th person for the rest of their lives. Young 5th person, older one of 4 ……

I agree with you vixey, about the timing being. connected with pls death...fear ill be mumbling not necessarily again in my sleep tonight.

of course, if it was to protect pl from being hurt, there's still her. mother to think off
its a long shot, but. perhaps its attempt to hide the identity of the culprit....maybe pl would instantly associate this area with someone or a group of people
As they drain the lakes, I feel it will be days rather than weeks until they have what their looking for. I hope this time answers come for Claudia. It is about time

Ca

n I ask if the sixth person knows the 5th person is responsible IMO ?

Police have often talked about relationships potentially breaking down in the future.

I think once the body is found THEN you have a murder to solve. Then the unsavoury characters who are protecting each other will all start an exercise in CYA. At that point truths will come out as well as more lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member