Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more that it's hard to take seriously when it's so obviously designed to titillate, for want of a better term. The 'heart of darkness', the sinister building with dark spaces, the 'grave', the need to throw suspicion on the most benign of things - ie. empty booze bottles, a broken pair of sunglasses, etc, things that have zero relevance to anything but are being used by the author to create drama. It's unnecessary, it's padding, it's of no value in useful information terms.

Below confirms what everyone already knows and understands. Handily, for those of you with opinions about UK journalism there is a comments section at the end, fill your boots in a place where it’s relevant!

Which are the Best and Worst Newspapers in the UK?

It's more that it's hard to take seriously when it's so obviously designed to titillate, for want of a better term. The 'heart of darkness', the sinister building with dark spaces, the 'grave', the need to throw suspicion on the most benign of things - ie. empty booze bottles, a broken pair of sunglasses, etc, things that have zero relevance to anything but are being used by the author to create drama. It's unnecessary, it's padding, it's of no value in useful information terms.

My main beef with many of these books and docos is they have basic facts wrong.

I really noticed this on Pistorius where we got so deep into the evidence by following the trial every day, whereas the likes of MWT do some interviews where people talk obvious nonsense

You get much better analysis on web sleuths

With this latest book, given what i've seen so far, i really wonder how much we can trust details. Like he reports that CB was found with a SIM card stolen from the OC some time in the past.

I have never seen that detail anywhere else - but would be a key evidence point as it could prove CB really did do at least one burglary at OC.

Can we trust that?

My main beef with many of these books and docos is they have basic facts wrong.

I really noticed this on Pistorius where we got so deep into the evidence by following the trial every day, whereas the likes of MWT do some interviews where people talk obvious nonsense

You get much better analysis on web sleuths

With this latest book, given what i've seen so far, i really wonder how much we can trust details. Like he reports that CB was found with a SIM card stolen from the OC some time in the past.

I have never seen that detail anywhere else - but would be a key evidence point as it could prove CB really did do at least one burglary at OC.

Can we trust that?

^ Yes, exactly that. If he has genuine new info, then why not just relate it in a clear and drama-free manner instead of padding it out with unnecessary scene-setting.

I guess we'll see.

Something that is still troubling me is why the parents aren't supporting HCWs appeals.

They have the same info as us - maybe more.

The official website hasn't mentioned anything about BKA/CB in over a year. No photo of him on the site etc.

Something that is still troubling me is why the parents aren't supporting HCWs appeals.

They have the same info as us - maybe more.

The official website hasn't mentioned anything about BKA/CB in over a year. No photo of him on the site etc.

It’s back to your “Thought experiment” that HCW is targeting a known audience with his consistent media contributions in the UK. Is the target them and/or the T7?

I agree that it makes no sense than Tannerman is more of a suspect for the McCanns than a known paedo, who seemingly was at the scene of the crime and has admitted to abducting MM.

Something is definitely amiss.

I’m guessing the reason no mention of CB on Official Madeleine Site is because he’s part of a live police investigation.
They have a comment saying "Tannerman" efit is still showing on slight chance was someone other than J.Tot also going around that night.
Thinking back to past interviews with M’s , they always refuse to discuss or go into details of live investigation material…think this is same policy here.
Questions about CB on their Facebook site are replied to with a comment saying “not allowed to discuss as part of live investigation “
Would they even be legally allowed to as CB not charged yet ?

Last edited:
I’m guessing the reason no mention of CB on Official Madeleine Site is because he’s part of a live police investigation.
They have a comment saying "Tannerman" efit is still showing on slight chance was someone other than J.Tot also going around that night.
Thinking back to past interviews with M’s , they always refuse to discuss or go into details of live investigation material…think this is same policy here.
Questions about CB on their Facebook site are replied to with a comment saying “not allowed to discuss as part of live investigation “

But what would prevent them just issuing a statement in support of this new investigation? A simple eg. 'We're grateful for the continuing work the BKA is doing in relation to our daughter's disappearance.'

Nothing compromising or contentious about that, nothing for anyone to find fault with, just what one would expect from the parents of a disappeared child given, after all this time, new hope that they may finally find out what happened so that they can put their child to rest.

To not even acknowledge the current investigation (not to mention the time and effort involved) is really peculiar.

Last edited:
It’s back to your “Thought experiment” that HCW is targeting a known audience with his consistent media contributions in the UK. Is the target them and/or the T7?

I agree that it makes no sense than Tannerman is more of a suspect for the McCanns than a known paedo, who seemingly was at the scene of the crime and has admitted to abducting MM.

Something is definitely amiss.

Especially because a statement from them would get far more publicity and cut through than HCW can get.

The Met launched a public appeal in conjunction with HCW's media drop. There is absolutely no reason why the parents could not have supported the new initiative and asked anyone with information to get in touch.

They don't have to comment on CB, or the content of the investigation - just direct the public to the Met appeal.

The Met launched a public appeal in conjunction with HCW's media drop. There is absolutely no reason why the parents could not have supported the new initiative and asked anyone with information to get in touch.

They don't have to comment on CB, or the content of the investigation - just direct the public to the Met appeal.

To be fair to the M's they did release such a statement upon the HCW announcement..is on their site..

""Kate & Gerry McCann Statement: June 3rd, 2020
We welcome the appeal today regarding the disappearance of our daughter, Madeleine.

We would like to thank the police forces involved for their continued efforts in the search for Madeleine.

All we have ever wanted is to find her, uncover the truth and bring those responsible to justice. We will never give up hope of finding Madeleine alive but whatever the outcome may be, we need to know as we need to find peace.

We will be making no further comment regarding the appeal today. We would like to thank the general public for their ongoing support and encourage anyone who has information directly related to the appeal, to contact the police.

Thank you.

Kate and Gerry""

To be fair to the M's they did release such a statement upon the HCW announcement..is on their site..

We welcome the appeal today regarding the disappearance of our daughter, Madeleine.

We would like to thank the police forces involved for their continued efforts in the search for Madeleine.

All we have ever wanted is to find her, uncover the truth and bring those responsible to justice. We will never give up hope of finding Madeleine alive but whatever the outcome may be, we need to know as we need to find peace.

We will be making no further comment regarding the appeal today. We would like to thank the general public for their ongoing support and encourage anyone who has information directly related to the appeal, to contact the police.

Thank you.

Kate and Gerry""

Yes - but my original point was, in the last year - nothing.

Meanwhile HCW is doing 3 hour interviews with Sun Journos. I don't get it.

Thank you.

Kate and Gerry""

They made the same statement on the official FB page too.

My question is, is it enough? Strong lead for a lost child ... kinda think I would be begging the public for more info.

These discussions seem a bit exhausting to me IMO.

In the past everything the MC's said or did has been put into question. In the present everything they do not do or say, or write....

Often it is possible to figure out background strategy from an organisation's media hits

For instance HCW continues to target both German and English media, yet the Met seem to be inactive.

In this case, I really can't understand the media strategy of the various players

Often it is possible to figure out background strategy from an organisation's media hits

For instance HCW continues to target both German and English media, yet the Met seem to be inactive.

In this case, I really can't understand the media strategy of the various players

I do not understand HCW's unusual strategy as well, i must admit! We'll see! Hopefully...

Jon Clarkes book now available on amazon

Shall we all club together and buy a copy? ;)

I expect it'll be online or serialised at some point, perhaps in The Sun or his own Olive Press maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2