Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the phone. There is nothing that says Barry took her phone except conjecture. Same with the journal in the fireplace-conjecture. And why did they not find Suzanne’s meds that she had just filled? My point is simply that LE has a tough road ahead of them and anything they know defense knows. It is truly bizarre to think she might have bolted but I personally think the defense is on the 30 yard line in terms of proving she is deceased let alone Barry did it. I am a very patient person but the prosecution is giving me more frown wrinkled.
Not sure what you mean by "frown wrinkled" but are you saying that you believe Barry to be innocent?
If you do, please tell me why you think so. I would love to consider your reasoning.

Who is saying that Suzanne was begging for money from Barry? I'm completely confused. Barry himself ("I am the ATM") is leaving us with the impression that he controlled the money (and surely Suzanne didn't have a steady outside source of income?)

I'm guessing the stack of papers was previously stored in two pendaflex folders whose remains were found in the fireplace. Why would Barry be lugging business-related papers into a hotel for a brief stay in which he mostly cleaned his body (apparently), went twice to the job site, and went dumping trash? Surely he could have done this easier at home (where the accounting usually took place)? It would only have taken 20 minutes. At any rate, are you buying that's why he went so early to Broomfield? To organize his papers and clean out his truck?

It was a messy set of papers loosely held inside a large binder (according to LS). Then, about 20 minutes later, it was organized. We have no clue what those papers were, other than that Barry quickly organized them and took them back to the truck.

Barry himself says he's a cheapskate. He says he didn't like to pay for trash pick-up, so he used someone else's (who paid for it). He says Suzanne didn't have an ATM card. He took a contract to build an (expensive) retaining wall for the State of Colorado, botched it, and never fixed it (they weren't going to pay him more - I'm surprised they haven't sued him as someone else had to do it and the State of CO footed the bill). Why didn't Barry go ahead and arrange for the job to be done? Because he wasn't getting paid.

He was busy buying a new truck. Selling off an old Range Rover. Taking control of his wife's assets. He had time for that, but not to fulfill his obligation on a high dollar contract he'd undertaken.

I am not painting him as a grinch (the Grinch is lovable, at least my granddaughter loves him).

When someone shows you who they are (skinflint, cheapskate), believe 'em.
MOO PP is HOA, there is a paid for dumpster on 225, where Suzanne and BM met the lady who was cleaning the B&B, MOO it's a utility paid for in the HOA fees.
There is no penny pinching, only avoidance of trash accessible to authorities.

Last edited:
I have followed this case from the beginning and am wondering if there is any possibility she ever considered he would murder her - it’s a specific question I have for Suzanne but so many women die at the hand of their husband/significant other - when do you know to warn a friend that their relationship may possibly end in their murder ?
^^bbm

I think the homicide cases that grab both the headlines and most of us here all follow the same pattern where the victims are deemed very low risk and the accused have no criminal records, no known drug/alcohol-related or mental health issues, and are not known to LE (no reported DV). For example, the Watts, Berreth, Morphew and Peterson victims. In categorizing the women as low risk, they would be considered low risk whether in or out of their current relationships.

I do not believe any of the above women were previously warned/threatened by their aggressors, endured long-term abuse at the level it could not be hidden from at least one person. I don't believe any of these women had any idea they were within days or hours from being murdered by their partners.

I believe the trigger is loss, threat, or perceived loss of control.

Control = sex, money, greed.

What I think is most significant in each of these cases is how both the victim, their family, friends, and the public, did not understand how the loss of control to each of their aggressors would be nothing short of lethal.

As for knowing when to warn a friend, I think it's paramount that any woman making a change in their life that's outside the control of their aggressor must understand that they are most at risk. A change outside of the aggressor's control includes pregnancy, abortion, infidelity, separation, divorce, etc. If you think the aggressor has any history of instability, they're probably the most vulnerable, dangerous, and quick to react to any loss, threat of loss, or perceived loss of control.

MOO

I would really love to think that Suzanne did a runner, and until it's proven otherwise I'll try to cling to that hope.

I think there is evidence that it is very unlikely that she did a runner. The evidence shows she was home, on the back deck, when BM arrived at the house.

How could she have suddenly gone radio silent, and run off somehow---without her car, without a trace, without communicating with anyone, without continuing her cancer treatments, without telling her daughters? No last words with her new lover who she seemed madly infatuated with?

It was the middle of the pandemic. Where could she have gone? There were no ride shares or mass transit, available. There were no borders open and no evidence of her passport being used. Where did she go and why?

I can totally believe she wanted to run away. And she may have done so--if she hadn't been suddenly murdered first.

I think there is evidence that it is very unlikely that she did a runner. The evidence shows she was home, on the back deck, when BM arrived at the house.

How could she have suddenly gone radio silent, and run off somehow---without her car, without a trace, without communicating with anyone, without continuing her cancer treatments, without telling her daughters? No last words with her new lover who she seemed madly infatuated with?

It was the middle of the pandemic. Where could she have gone? There were no ride shares or mass transit, available. There were no borders open and no evidence of her passport being used. Where did she go and why?

I can totally believe she wanted to run away. And she may have done so--if she hadn't been suddenly murdered first.
All those things would have to happen, but then you’re talking about all the things that mean something, suddenly meaning nothing too.

All the stuff with Barry

You’re basically talking about astronomical odds; win the Powerball, get struck by lightening, and being stabbed in the heart by a stingray.

A stunning perfect escape of a woman who couldn’t do that, even if she would

Husband telling monstrous lie after monstrous lie

Him miraculously being in the vicinity of the bike and helmet locations, at the time he would have had to be there (before leaving for Broomfield)

Her footprint ceasing to exist when only one person was present

Her phone going dark at the precise moment Barry needed it to

Excuses that are hilarious when taken individually, but utterly insane when taken as a whole (chipmunks, Turkey, deer, elk)

The only person with the motive, means, and opportunity

And on and on…

I just looked it up online. It sounds like in order to shoot a dart out of a 22 you need a ~blank adapter~

It is my understanding that in lieu of shooting a dart from tranquilizer gun, a person could simply "stab" the dart into a muscular area; the contents under pressure would immediately inject just as if it were shot from the gun. The gun would only be necessary for use on a wild or non-domesticated animal.

SM Would ...???
....I can theorize that if JL is put on the stand and he says that Suzanne would never have left without keeping in touch with him and had absolutely no plans to do so, it might help demolition that....
@10ofRods sbm I appreciate many, many, many of your posts reflecting your insight and expertise on a broad range of subjects. I think it's likely JL made a stmt like ^ to LE, but I'm wondering how JL's stmt would be admissible at trial. I may be interpreting CO Rules of Evidence too strictly. Any thoughts?

I recall many cases in which a witness close to the deceased testifies about previous frequency of communication w each other (e.g. daily a.m. calls, or goodnight texts), and that testimony coming in as plain old fact evidence.

Could JL be asked---
Q1: Since May 9, 2020, have you seen SM or communicated w her in any way? Question calls for fact, not opinion, so okay.
Answer, presumably per JL, No, I have not seen her; we have not communicated. Fact, a material fact in a no-body homicide chg.*

IIuc, @10ofRods/OP envisions a different question of JL, like this:
Q2: Do you think SM, if alive, would have contacted you by now? Or Would SM have left BM w'out telling you she planned to leave?
Objection, Your Honor, ^ question calls for speculation.
;):DThe Honorable Judge @al66pine sustains objection (In other cases, appellate courts have overturned Judge al66pine's rulings).;):rolleyes:

May JL be permitted to answer by giving an opinion** re this speculative question? No, IDTS, not under Rule 702.

Can Q2 be rephrased to permit JL to answer? Which CO Rule of Evidence,*** if any, would permit?

What if JL says/wants to say, SM told me she would phone me every day/week/month, or SM told me yada, yada?
Then we Sleuthers dive into CO. Hearsay Article VIII**** and look for -
--- Rule 801(d), which stmts are not hearsay and/or
--- Rule 804, Hearsay.When Declarant is Unavailable.
--- Or something else altogether to let JL testify at trial SM would never.....

10ofRods, w your experience in testifying and observing cases, have you seen a close friend like JL testify at trial, like the hypo stmt above, which is imo totally speculative? If I misunderstood the post, my apologies.

Now too tired to search or think further tonight. 10ofRods? Anyone? TiA. my2ct.
* In a typical M-1 trial, w body/remains recovered & autopsied, death cert issued, etc, there's no Q about whether victim is dead. The state does not have that avail here, so state needs to estab SM’s death by testimony that extensive searches were unsuccessful in finding body/remains, and ppl close to SM have not seen or communicated w her since May 2020, (and perhaps more?) to prove death, material in any homicide chg.
If JL/any witness is asked at trial, "Have you received any phone calls, texts, etc from SM or have you seen her in person any time after May 9, 2020?" the answer (presumably from JL or anyone will be No.) is a fact, material toward estab'ing the fact of SM's death.
** Rule 702 Testimony by Experts permits a qualified witness to give opinion re scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge, to help jury understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue. Not applicable here, to allow JL to give opinion about SM would contact him.

*** CO. Rules of Evidence
Table of Rules
: http://cle.cobar.org/tableofcontents/ZCROEB16B.pdf. Also Colorado Court Rules | Colorado Rules of Evidence | Casetext
Article VIII. Hearsay Colorado Court Rules | Article VIII - Hearsay | Casetext
**** Rule 804. Hearsay Exceptions, Declarant Unavailable.

Last edited:
The defense tried that charade in the Mollie Tibbetts murder too. Her blood and DNA was found in his car trunk, and he confessed to throwing her in his trunk when he abducted her. But at trial, the defense trotted out DNA from various items in his trunk, saying none of it was attributed to the killer/defendant. And it was smoke and mirrors because it didn't mean he didn't kill her. It just means other people had at some time touched things in his car trunk.

Just like the DNA profiles in Suzannes glove box. Big deal. Someone, sometime, touched something in there. Maybe a car detailer?

The guy that changed the oil or the guy who vacuumed out the back floor boards while the oil drained. I got the impression that they weren't even strong DNA matches, certainly not enough for a warrant.

2-year affair

By: Stephanie Butzer
Posted at 12:24 PM, Aug 09, 2021
and last updated 4:20 AM, Aug 13, 2021

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — Suzanne Morphew was having a two-year affair leading up her 2020 disappearance and alleged murder at the hands of her husband, an investigator said in Monday’s preliminary hearing.
[..]

Barry told authorities, “There’s not a more special, wonderful person in the world.” He said they did have “spats” about him working too much and he wanted her off a certain medication she was taking, but “it wasn’t like they didn’t make up,” Nielsen said.

[..]

Authorities didn't learn about this affair until November 2020 — six months after Suzanne went missing. There were hundreds of hours of phone calls, WhatsApp messages and other communication. The two met up at least six times in New Orleans, Michigan, Texas, and Indiana, and she didn't tell anybody about him, Walker confirmed.

Libler did not voluntarily come forward to help find Suzanne, Walker said. Law enforcement first spoke with him on Nov. 13, 2020. It's not yet clear what was discussed in that conversation.

[..]

The second witness of the preliminary hearing, Kenneth Harris, was brought to the stand around 11:30 a.m. Monday. He is one of two FBI Special Agents on the case and specializes in behavior analysis.

[..]

Harris said in some conversations picked up on Suzanne’s spy pen, you could hear her and Barry arguing about money. She was heard accusing him of telling her what she can do and what she can wear.

Another recording picked up a five-hour conversation with Jeff Libler, the man Suzanne was having an affair with, Harris said. It was at this point that investigators realized there was an affair involved, he said.

[..]

In the texts, Suzanne said her cancer had returned in May 2018 and her health was declining. She worried her marriage was only worsening it. Oliver responded, saying the toll of the couple’s fights was concerning.

Oliver also said while Barry might have called May 9 a “perfect night,” she knew the couple hadn’t had a "perfect night in a year and a half,” Harris said.

[..]

He said at one point, Barry put a gun to his head and asked, "Is this what you want?" He had also pinned her to the bed before. She said she'd call police.

Suzanne wanted to leave the marriage in 2019 and 2020, but also wanted to wait until their youngest daughter was out of the house, Harris said. Meanwhile, Barry was worried about how others perceived their marriage and always "wanted to come out looking good," Harris said.

Text messages between Oliver (Suzanne's good friend) and Suzanne show that Suzanne was confiding in her friend about the failing marriage. At one point, she said she hoped Barry would find somebody else and leave.

[..]

By February 2020, Suzanne and Oliver are talking almost every day and the subject of leaving Barry is a frequent topic.

Harris said Suzanne was racked with guilt and wanted forgiveness from God. In texts, she said she wondered what the "young me" was thinking. Her relationship with her daughters was the center of her world, Harris said.

Harris then explained how Suzanne came to know Libler.

The two had gone to high school in Indiana and hooked up during the summer of 1989 at a house party. Barry was not at the party. Twenty years later, they hooked up again, Harris said.

The relationship started platonic — talking about books, movies, Suzanne's cancer — but by February 2019, the two met up in New Orleans and fooled around in a hotel. Harris said they did not have sex.

They met up a few other times in 2019 as well, he said. They started communicating via WhatsApp and LinkedIn when Barry became suspicious.

After Suzanne's disappearance and once authorities tracked down Libler to talk, he said Suzanne's marriage was not good. The couple argued a lot, he said, and she repeatedly said she wanted to leave. However, she also said she couldn't divorce Barry for "Biblical reasons."

Upon discovering she may have been abducted, Libler deleted his accounts because he said it'd negatively affect Suzanne's daughters, Harris said.

[..]

Eytan said Suzanne seemed to keep lots of secrets, noting that the affair was not a short-term fling.

[..]

Suzanne did not tell her sister or best friends about Libler, Eytan said.

Barry claimed not to know about the affair when investigators told him, Harris said. He said he thought she may have been having an emotional affair, but not a physical one.

[...]

Some of the messages between Suzanne and Libler were shown in court, such as: "Your heart, that's what I crave," "I love how you love me. I love how you think," and "You're the sweetest thing I've ever known."

Note: There was a brief technical complication at this point. Denver7 will work to fill in the gaps of what happened in this timeframe.

[Cellular connectivity issue reported by several reporters attending court].

[..]

They talked about moving to Ecuador where Suzanne could teach language, Eytan said.

On May 8, 2020, Libler messaged Suzanne saying, "You need to be my wife" and complimented her biking gear. The following morning, May 9, she texted him saying, "We need to be husband & wife."

Libler said the affair made him nervous and he didn't want to lose his job or his family. He said he didn't want Suzanne's legacy to be that she had an affair "with that guy."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair
This is very informative. So Suzanne told SO that she hoped that Barry would find someone else so they could split? That may explain why Suzanne was trying to find out of Barry was in an affair. If she could actually verify it, she would be in a position to encourage Barry to pursue that relationship and support divorce. Sounds like she wanted him to have an affair; as opposed to worrying about him having one. Those were her words...how else do you interpret that?

Well, you're right of course, but so far the Gone Girl theory makes more sense than any other, and the defense has to try and sell something. They can attempt a spaghetti defense, but at the end of the trial, they'll need to counter all the prosecutor's evidence with something more than spaghetti - and try to hope that one juror buys their "reasonable doubt" due to Gone Girl.

I can theorize that if JL is put on the stand and he says that Suzanne would never have left without keeping in touch with him and had absolutely no plans to do so, it might help demolition that.

The point about the charger is a good one, but a person can simply unlock their phone and buy a new SIM and be on their way - totally incognito to all those who once knew. It's a simple matter to change one's phone number. Of course that's not what she did - but I don't think even the FBI can say that Suzanne's device has never shown up again on the planet. The idea that Suzanne hitchhiked herself away from Barry and into a world without her daughters or JL...is bizarre. But there is a witness who said they saw an unusual car up that way, that day. This "witness" has gone on record, on video, but not MSM. However, it is not rumor to say that this person exists, can be seen in the crowd at the first presser, and talked about the case a lot in the early days - radio silence recently. I do believe he was interviewed by some reporter in CO (briefly, in the first 10 days after Suzanne went missing), maybe someone else will remember exactly where to find that.
If that unusual car was spotted on Sunday....then the defense would still need to explain Suzanne's dark phone for the preceding day, Saturday, precisely after Barry arrived at home....until he left her "sleeping" the next morning, and said "goodbye...I'm going to Broomfield to sit in a hotel room for five hours" (paraphrasing, of course).

OK, All, remainder of morning session. ;)

This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.

SM’s wallet in her Range Rover. It held SMs driver’s license, medical insurance card, cash, and a few checks.

May 11, 2020 – SM had medical appointment for cancer treatment scheduled for which she would have needed her insurance card.

May 11, 2020 – Search of Puma Path, including inside the residence. DAMAGE TO MASTER BEDROOM DOOR FRAME.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 80: Photo of doorframe to master bedroom with a "crack" visible. The crack indicates "forced entry" and "door forced open from outside in". Previous owners denied that this crack was there when they sold the home to the Morphews.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 81: Photo of one (1) unspent shell/"live round" next to SMs side of the bed.

On SMs’ nightstand was a book titled "Courage to Change" and her bible. "Courage to Change" is published by Al-Anon. SM also known to have journal that usually was with these items.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 82: Photo of SMs "Courage to Change" book. It was opened to May 9th and May 10th. It was located next to SMs bible. The journal was never found.

Fireplace was searched.

PEOPLES EXHIBITS 83 & 84: Photos showing fireplace and contents of fireplace. Exhibit 84 shows "piece of wood with straight edge and lacquer finish", it was partially burned, there was also "paper material" and remnants of what looked like wrapping paper, two (2) "metal pieces" were found in the fireplace that looked like part of a hanging folder, there was also evidence of what looked like a "binding of a book".

"Search dogs" – Search dogs needed article of SMs clothing for scent purposes, BM was asked by LE to pick item of clothing under LE escort at Puma Path.

10:39 PM: 2 LE officers' interaction recorded via body cam at Puma Path. Undersheriff Andy Rohrich started saying "I found it odd….", Defense immediately and loudly stated "OBJECTION. MAY I APPROACH?" and he never got to finish until later.

PEOPLES EXHIBITS 95: Thumb drive containing video entering house, Officer Brown, another officer, and BM. May 20, 2020 at 9:37 PM BM in red flannel shirt, BM was told "Don’t touch anything", a pair of SMs bicycle shorts was taken for scent purposes, this was BMs first opportunity in house, Undersheriff Andy Rohrich finds it odd that BM was not asking any questions, was not looking around, BM supposedly last saw SM in bed, he didn’t look at bed, while in his residence.

"Winter" – Hunting deer, elk, elk are rutting, shed antlers before March, Antlers in May? "No", bulls not with cows in May.

"Left turn on US-50" – BM was supposedly following a bull elk because BM wanted to know where this bull elk will shed his antlers (IN MAY?!?!), as per Undersheriff Andy Rohrich a bull elk shedding his antlers in May would be "very unusual".

"Tranquilizer darts" – The darts found at Puma Path were the same one’s that are used by Animal Control; serum, dart kit includes syringe with needle to take out serum and inject into dart; 22 caliber is not projectile, just charge; Undersheriff Andy Rohrich informed that dogs would require varied cc’s of serum for sedation; the dog would never immediately go down and had to be chased and followed; he shared "sometimes we lose them and get a call later that a strange dog was asleep in someone’s front yard"; can euthanize with syringe in kit; BM had shared that he would tranquilize deer and then cut off their antlers; they would need to be chased (I don’t know if BM said that or Undersheriff Andy Rohrich educated on that); Undersheriff Andy Rohrich confirmed that there were "lots of antlers in house (Puma Path)", but NO EVIDENCE of "cut off antlers", only "antlers with skull plate".

May 13, 2020 – Photos of BMs injuries taken at the Department of Health and Human Services. Photo not shown in court room.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 85: Photo of outside of BMs right hand, injuries visible in variable stages of healing.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 86: Photo of outside of BMs left hand, injuries visible in variable stages of healing.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 87: Photo of upper left arm, slightly below shoulder, finger nail injuries, "3 abrasions" that are starting to scab over.

"Surveillance video" – Undersheriff Andy Rohrich shared that there was "a lot of" surveillance video to go through; Poncha Springs Shell station (6 miles east of Puma Path); surveillance footage from house across street from DSI, where BM worked.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 88, 89, 90: From same camera pointing towards DSI parking lot from house across the street. Footage/Photo not shown in court room.

#88: May 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM, BM in F350 pulling trailer with bobcat into DSI.
#89: May 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM, BM getting out of F350.
#90: May 9, 2020 at 2:05 PM, Bobcat back on (trailer??), BM wearing blue shirt and shorts. BM leaving DSI parking lot at 2:07 PM.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 91: From camera at Salida Auto Sales, which is east of DSI. F350 with bobcat on trailer, 2:27 PM westbound on US50. Footage/Photo not shown in court room.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 92: From camera at Shell Station. F350 with bobcat on trailer westbound on US50. 1:34 PM, but time on image 58 minutes slow, so it is really 2:32 PM. Footage/Photo not shown in court room.

Salida Stove & Spa would have been 1/8th of a mile from there, he would have passed it coming normal route from Puma Path. Why did he not go to Salida Stove & Spa at that time? He was not caught on Shell station surveillance camera later that day. Then seen again on May 10, 2020 at 5:14 AM going eastbound.

"Garfield mine" – 3 miles west toward Monarch, he was supposedly following bull elk, turned around at Garfield turnoff, 19 minutes from Shell station. The route from Puma Path to the Garfield mine would have been "pitch black and without light" early morning on May 10, 2020.

"SMs bike" – Located at 225 & US50, 100 feet south of intersection.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 93: SMs bike upside down.
PEOPLES EXHIBIT 94: SMs bike right side up on wheels.

"Scott Banks" – Bike mechanic in Salida, very experienced (was bike mechanic for Team USA at one point and has been a bike mechanic for decades), worked on SMs bike x3, he put bike together when it was new, on May 7, 2020 he put new tires on the bike, he is familiar with the Santa Cruz Juliana mountain bikes, when bike found handlebars were twisted 180 degrees, brought up the term "ghostriding" and "pushing bike to allow to go freely, brakes drag", the way the bike was found is NOT CONSISTENT WITH CRASH, seen often with kids doing silly things on bike (this is how I took it at least).

Prosecution finished with Undersheriff Andy Rohrich.

IE starts cross examining Undersheriff Andy Rohrich at 11:41 AM.

"Body cam video" – May 10, 2020 at bike crash site: "BM was emotional when he arrived", BM contacted by dispatch on way from Broomfield back to Salida, BM reportedly asked Mr. Ritter to call LE about SM missing.

Undersheriff Andy Rohrich confirms that he reviewed all surveillance footage.

"Walmart Pharmacy Salida" – May 6, 2020 at 12:37 PM: SM with groceries in cart at Pharmacy, was handed white paper back by Pharmacy staff, likely prescription drugs, records were reportedly not obtained by Prosecution, 2 prescription bottles were found at Puma Path, one of which was "hydrocodone" and an antidepressants (mirtazapine?), neither bottle was dated May 6, 2020.

"Master closet" – A pair of bike gloves on floor in master bedroom closet; SM wore "distinct" bikini in selfie forwarded to JL at 2:03 PM on May 9, 2020; this bikini was reportedly located in the master bedroom closet with SMs other swimwear and not collected as evidence; no blood, not torn as per IE; Undersheriff Andy Rohrich stated that he could not tell on the picture if the bikini was torn, bloody etc.

"Surveilance" - May 9, 2020
: White Range Rover going westbound at 3:05 PM, Loaf & Jug, Undersherriff Andy Rohrich states several times that he never believed this is/was SMs Range Rover (even though another officer thought it was and wrote it up in the report as such). 14 minutes later westbound driving by Collegiate Peaks Bank at 3:19 PM, at 3:20 PM westbound by Salida Auto Sales. Defense states that it would take about 20 - 25 minutes from Puma Path to Loaf & Jug in Salida. Undersherriff Rohrich believes it doesn't take that long.

"Surveilance" - May 10, 2020: Deputy Brown was 1st at bike crash site, he saw the bike down the embankment, Defense asks "it was easy to spot" and Undersherriff Rohrich replies "No", Undersherriff Rohrich was at the scene for approximately 30 minutes, it was so crowded at the scene that Rohrich eventually left.

Break for lunch.
So Barry was wearing a red, flannel shirt on May 11th? I wonder if MG can testify about what Barry normally wore, including the prior two days? Did he wear short sleeve shirts, or long sleeve? IOW, did he switch to long sleeve, say, Saturday night?

If I recall correctly, the Agent was first to inquire if BM used a 22 to shoot the chipmunks specifically because he was aware that a 22 could be used to shoot tranquilizer darts.

Reportedly, it was sometime in March 2021 that BM approached the Agent in his vehicle and voluntarily handed over the 22 rifle. I believe this was the same illegal short gun that BM now faces charges for possessing. MOO
About those darts.....they come in various sizes. Barry claims to have shot deer from his garage area, IIRC...and Barry was previously engaged in a deer farm, where tranquilizers were typically present. So I assume Barry shot deer with a rifle (what caliber?), not a .22 pistol. Question is....which type of firearm that Barry owns does the tranquilizers which were identified fit in? Pistol or rifle? Was that specifically addressed?

So is it your take that both conversations were interrupted? Is there any special significance to the conversation with SO in terms of the murder prosecution?
One would think that Suzanne would wait until after her participation in best friend's daughter's wedding on Sunday, at the very least, if not also after the doctor's visit on Monday to pull the Gone Girl, right? It would also have afforded her "one last visit" with her daughters who were coming home Sunday evening. That's three reasons to do the Gone Girl ...say...Monday afternoon or Tuesday?

All those things would have to happen, but then you’re talking about all the things that mean something, suddenly meaning nothing too.

All the stuff with Barry

You’re basically talking about astronomical odds; win the Powerball, get struck by lightening, and being stabbed in the heart by a stingray.

A stunning perfect escape of a woman who couldn’t do that, even if she would

Husband telling monstrous lie after monstrous lie

Him miraculously being in the vicinity of the bike and helmet locations, at the time he would have had to be there (before leaving for Broomfield)

Her footprint ceasing to exist when only one person was present

Her phone going dark at the precise moment Barry needed it to

Excuses that are hilarious when taken individually, but utterly insane when taken as a whole (chipmunks, Turkey, deer, elk)

The only person with the motive, means, and opportunity

And on and on…
"I can't leave my marriage for biblical reasons"....and "I can't leave until my daughters are both grown and out of the house"....therefore, "I'm Gone Girl"? Square peg....round hole.

The "no remains" of SM portion of this case really has me bugged. LE has him all over the place by cell phone records and security footage with him disposing of "something". I'm still thinking that anything disposed of at those sites was "instruments of crime" and other evidence (tranquilizer dart?), not the remains. There seems to be ample evidence of his vehicle being at the bike disposal scene and where the helmet was found as well. I'm going to stick with my theory the all or the major part of SM being in the back 400 behind PP. Without doubt he had the equipment and the knowledge to do a good job of it. It would still be possible to run a LiDar equipped drone over the entire area looking for body sized depressions and then checking them with Ground Penetrating Radar.

Edited to add: The cap in the dryer makes sense if you consider that he most likely put the cap in his pocket before using it and forgot to remove it before laundering his clothing with the dart itself being disposed of during one of his "trips" to dumpsters.

Good morning all, it's been a good while since I posted here, but by no means have I not been devouring every word posted here during and after the second part of the (somewhat anticlimactic, IMO) preliminary hearing. That said I feel confident BM will go to trial, at least.

Suzanne has been front and center for me in the last week as well. I had the opportunity to spend time in Denver, CO for work and took a few days off for some recreation. During my travels around the area, I passed through many key points of interest in this case. Drove through/near Broomfield on my way to Boulder, saw signs to Salida on our way to Bighorn Canyon/Royal Gorgd to detour but alas was really short on time. Such a beautiful, vast terrain...I kept thinking about all the similar places BM could have put Suzanne. Praying for a miracle that she will be found, but it will definitely take one. I
Ok, you guys... Starting to get a bit concerned about my home state. I pass right by Frederick and could easily detour to Boulder and then head to Colorado Springs and Woodland Park before finishing in Salida... :oops:

Oh... And can't forget Westminster, of course...:(
Ditto!
57 yrs of most of my old hometowns and favorite places tainted, from Ted Bundy to Boulder’s King Soopers, urrgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid