UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the nags is somehow involved because when you see “old Heimlich manoeuvre” under pressure struggling to keep his eyes open repeating how nice Claudia is …. It becomes very clear something is just not right….

Agree. Was Claudia lured into the Nag's en route to work on the 19th? Via the front or side entrance of the pub? It looks like the NH car park isn't overlooked at all. The car park entrance, and narrow alley off Heworth Road on the other side of the pub, are relatively concealed. Was she lured in by someone she would have expected to have seen, or regularly saw, at the pub this early, eg. someone who worked there?
Just my opinion.

Hi, new member here... I was a journalism student when Claudia went missing. We studied her portrayal in the media, and the impact it had on the case. It's stuck with me and makes me think carefully about being a responsible reporter (some of us do try).

I've been catching up and imo, the only solid info we have is the various CCTV footage, and reports of Claudia's 'last' calls on the 18th from Claudia's mum and dad. Is there any consensus around what the 'dark person' in the Heworth Place footage was doing on the eve of the 18th/morning of the 19th? Imo it's the same person, and I'm convinced there's a simple explanation - they went to urinate down the alley on Heworth Place, both times. This could mean they were staked out in a nearby vehicle overnight? Also that they were familiar with the street. Even though the footage isn't great quality, the demeanour and behaviour of this person is really striking to me. Calm yet purposeful, and carrying an air of being up to no good. Maybe they were shifty because they were intending to pee in public. But the fact they appear around the last time we believe anyone heard from Claudia, and again around the time she'd be expected waking/leaving for work (and really early for most people), seems just too much of a coincidence.
That could be a credible reason for someone being in the area and Alley. I wonder then if they were staking out CL house or even someones property, why would they not go to the Pub for a pee during the evening alley observation?
If they were staking out, where would they be parked if in a car? It was reported that the white van was not in the vicinity for too long and derived from Bus footage.

My analysis of the footage

I took the footage frame by frame to look at it more closely. The person or persons known as alleyman is struggling and overcomes a person who is then put into a passing vehicle on Heworth road, This is happening at least once or twice within the footage once in the direction of Heworth road and another toward the direction of Heworth Place due to the lack of cctv which covers Heworth Place its not possible to know where the person who has been overcome was taken. I would point out that its entirely possible that the person who is overcome and taken underess in the direction of Heworth Place could also be the same person who is overcome and manhandled into the vehicle on Heworth road.

I have no idea who these people are or their motives. Initially I thought this was some sort of sting operation targeting drug dealing activity in the area,but having read the articles on the kidknapping of vulnerable people who were then held in forced servitude its possible that this activity could be related to that.

This is my opinion only..
I can't see alley man overcoming anyone in the footage.

If this is from the evening CCTV, it would be difficult to be CL as we know she was still conscious and in calls over an hour later.

I am more interested in the relationship between alley man and the person both evening and night who passes the entrance to Heworth Place, both times walking in the direction of the pub.

In the evening on the Pub side and in the morning on the opposite side of the road to the pub.

It seems to much of a coincidence that they are both seen on different footage 10 hours apart for them not to be associated in any way. In particular, given the unsociable time of morning.

Was the dark figure not identified as the guy who owned the student accommodation around where CL lived? He died shortly after CL’s disappearance.
It could have been RC but the police clearly don't believe so unless they feel he was involved as one of more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see alley man overcoming anyone in the footage.

If this is from the evening CCTV, it would be difficult to be CL as we know she was still conscious and in calls over an hour later.

I am more interested in the relationship between alley man and the person both evening and night who passes the entrance to Heworth Place, both times walking in the direction of the pub.

er.
In the evening on the Pub side and in the morning on the opposite side of the road to the pub.

It seems to much of a coincidence that they are both seen on different footage 10 hours apart for them not to be associated in any way. In particular, given the unsociable time of morning.

To be clear I did not say that the person who was being overcome was Claudia. :)

In my opinion the relationship of people you mention is that they are working together.

Last edited:
I do think the nags is somehow involved because when you see “old Heimlich manoeuvre” under pressure struggling to keep his eyes open repeating how nice Claudia is …. It becomes very clear something is just not right….
And whilst many stayed in Heworth-He has now moved on from the pub.
Personally, I don't believe that he was involved but in my opinion he may know something and just decided that he didn't want to be part of it for the good of his health.
Perhaps he noticed something when he went to check the house with her Dad.

Why would CL friends provide the photos and not the family?
"We provided"

Friends probably had more recent photos of her tbh. This was around around the time Facebook was getting big, everyone used to take actual cameras on nights out! There's even a photo of Claudia with a digital camera at some kind of gathering, possibly at the pub.

Friends probably had more recent photos of her tbh. This was around around the time Facebook was getting big, everyone used to take actual cameras on nights out! There's even a photo of Claudia with a digital camera at some kind of gathering, possibly at the pub.
Was that her friend HD fathers retirement from the fire service DD x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member