Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official FB page for William is saying this latest news is “fake news” and unverified :(
Yep :mad:

FAKE NEWS CAUSES MORE HEARTBREAK FOR WILLIAM’S LOVED ONES
It’s almost 7 years since William was abducted and once again we find ourselves preparing to deal with the grief and loss compounded by years of not knowing what happened to our boy or where he is.
Imagine waking up to an unsubstantiated article published by a large NSW media outlet claiming that a “senior officer” within NSW Police has shared that they have a NEW person of interest, whilst inferring that this heinous crime is on the brink of being solved. Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.
Time and time again we’ve watched people lose sight of the tragic reality that William was a precious, innocent little boy who was taken from those he loved and who love him deeply, forgetting that there is a heartbroken family waiting in hope that William will be found.
To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William.
A ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward is waiting for the person who can lead police to William – that’s one MILLION REASONS to make the call to Crime Stoppers NOW on 1800 333 000. Make the call and help bring precious William home to the arms of those he loves and who love him...

Thanks I can read it, I'll try & paraphrase it.....

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

• Police identified new suspect
  • Have liased with Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame
  • The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.
  • Craddock was given an extension until April 30th to file his submissions ( initially it was feb )
  • No new date set
  • Among the people who the inquest heard from & are longer persons of interest , include FA, BS & PS
No-one has been charged with William’s disappearance from the garden of the Kendall home on September 12, 2014, in his famous Spider-Man suit. All three men named here have been cleared of any involvement.

Does that say FA has been cleared of any involvement? Am I reading it correctly? That makes me really question the article's credibility.

Yes he can, but he has to get in the witness box to do that & get a section 61 & that did not happen as far as I know , unless it was in closed court ( doubt it )

Only one witness did that

William Tyrell inquest: Robert Donohoe refused to speak to police about toddler's disappearance
I think a section 61 is when the coroner compels the witness to answer and grants immunity. I don't know, I think a global objection might have been handled privately one way or another, with the help of the lawyer he may have eventually engaged, and largely paperwork. I'm too tired to wrestle with it now. Generally speaking you're right:

May a witness refuse to be examined?
Witnesses are not permitted, without lawful excuse, to refuse to be examined if required by a coroner to give evidence. The possibility that their evidence, if given, will be self-incriminating is not a lawful excuse: Wright v Clarkson [2000] NSWSC 669.
Coronial matters

Apparently Loxoli :rolleyes:

I actually thought that Janet Fife-Yeomans and Mark Morri were pretty reputable too???

I generally don't read the DT because of the integrity issues surrounding Murdoch/NewsCorp, but the links you have given do make the journalists appear quite reputable. If the article is correct, it is huge news if FA has been cleared and investigators have a new POI. Just hard to judge the integrity of it when its an 'exclusive' and there is nothing else to back it up, not even police confirmation.

The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

See I find this interesting. I assumed at first it was because of the scheduled being cleared because of covid lockdowns unless the hearings etc can be done via video link, which I then assumed surely the handing down of the findings would be. I then surmised that perhaps that the delay would then because of something going on the public wasn't privy to.... which this therefore is indeed what it was.

I don't know about you guys, but I am having feelings again like when things ramped up fast there at and after the CI for Daniel Morcombe. I hope there's a resolution and William is found and there is justice for him.

im thinking someone interviewed and dismissed earlier on by the first team of detectives while they put all their focus on bs, ps, fa etc, the new team may have decided to look with fresh eyes and put surveillance on this person, i feel the first team became obsessed with certain people and not open to other possibilities

Or a leak?

'It shines a totally new complexion on what investigators believe happened to William,’ the officer told the Daily Telegraph.
. . .
A NSW Police spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia they could not comment on the matter as 'it is subject to a Coronial Inquest and an ongoing investigation'.

Person overseas or in gaol could explain extended preparations?

I’m remembering the Advert for this upcoming Ch7 show (when ever it is) as it said there was new evidence / hidden evidence & a guy who’s face we couldn’t see, saying he was sure ‘HE’ took William.

Maybe something came out of these journalistic enquiries that led to this new direction in the investigation

I’m remembering the Advert for this upcoming Ch7 show (when ever it is) as it said there was new evidence / hidden evidence & a guy who’s face we couldn’t see, saying he was sure ‘HE’ took William.

Maybe something came out of these journalistic enquiries that led to this new direction in the investigation
Does anyone have a link to the ad? I've tried looking ......

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have released a statement labelling today’s reports of a “new suspect” in his disappearance “fake news”, saying “Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.”

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

“To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William,” the statement says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48