SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing. The family properties were transferred into Alex' wife's name in Dec 2016. Three years ago he began embezzling. It almost appears as though he was spending beyond his means, he decided to embezzle, he tried to protect family assets by separating his name from the assets, and then he started stealing from the firm.

What a guy! He thought he was invincible.

It amazes me how PMPED did not pick up on this embezzlement. I have worked at a large law firm for over 30 years now and even small amounts of money that were stolen by employees have been found either through auditors or employees of the firm who may or may not work in the accounting department. Definitely not good public relations for PMPED. Maybe this firm will end of disbanding and attorneys going elsewhere to other firms.

It amazes me how PMPED did not pick up on this embezzlement. I have worked at a large law firm for over 30 years now and even small amounts of money that were stolen by employees have been found either through auditors or employees of the firm who may or may not work in the accounting department. Definitely not good public relations for PMPED. Maybe this firm will end of disbanding and attorneys going elsewhere to other firms.

Someone else made the point that his father's death likely have resulted in distribution of shares of the partnership to the surviving partners. If so, it's likely there was an audit of the partnership assets and a huge sum of money that should have gone to his partners was found to be missing.

This was probably quickly found in the audit and the surviving partners have likely known this for several weeks.

So he may have a couple of ex-partners who are out several million$$$ each very angry with him.

?Angry enough to shake him up a bit?

From what I am seeing, the embezzlement was not from the client's trust money or the business operations money, but from the partnership restricted funds.

The contributions and fund management was probably handled by an entirely different business.

The relationship of AM to that business will be interesting.

In the photograph displayed in connection with this article about investigators having recovered the knife used to slit the tire, the two evidence markers (identified as "4" and "5") shown on the ground appear to be over tiny pieces of red rubber (or plastic or latex), like a tiny red toy balloon that has been deflated or exploded. It also appears some of the officers might be carrying something red in their left hands (those could be red evidence flags of some kind or something like that) and there are a couple red splotches past the crime scene tape at the side of the roadway. What could those little pieces of red rubber/plastic/latex under the evidence markers have to do with the events of that day?

Sources: Investigators Recover Knife Used To Puncture Alex Murdaugh’s Tire

I know Google Maps Street View isn't updated frequently, but does anyone know where the picture in question was taken? According to the most recent street views, it doesn't look like anywhere in close proximity to the church or where Alex's vehicle was found has that big of a gravel area surrounding it? Also, in looking at another view from around 11-12 seconds on the video in the article linked, it looks like you can see evidence markers "1" and "2", so I am curious to know where "4" and "5" are possibly located. Would love to hear others thoughts and input, especially if I am overlooking something right in front of my face*! (*Related to gravel and/or evidence markers)

South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh expected to recover after being shot in the head, family says

The knife HAS been traced back to him. (Per Fitsnews). I don’t think there ever was a gun. I think the graze wound was caused by the knife. If there were a gun, he would have gunshot residue on his hands, and he’s not going to take that chance. I think he cut himself, flattened his tire, and then drove down the road. That’s why they found blood inside the car. IMO, the church security camera will show that there never was any other car on that road except for him.
Some of the photos show bullet shells at the scene near his car. If no gun, then presumably someone scattered them by hand. JMO

In my opinion there is a distinct possibility that AM would never be convicted in the deaths of any family member. The supposition is that if he were to have hired a hit (not saying that he did, this is hypothetical) on 2 individuals.
In my opinion only, If those nefarious folks were paid in cash and they are never found, and any forensic connection from the crime scene to AM is never proven, I don’t see him ever being convicted in this imaginary scenario.

[URL="https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/09/10/murdaugh-murders-helicopter-dispatched-to-alex-murdaugh-shooting-before-sheriffs-office/"]Murdaugh Murders: Helicopter Dispatched To Alex Murdaugh Shooting Before Sheriff’s Office
[/URL]
C.A.R.E. Flight officials confirmed Friday the helicopter that transported Alex Murdaugh from a landing zone about 7 miles from the alleged shooting scene was dispatched at 1:43 p.m. Saturday — approximately 9 minutes after Alex Murdaugh called 911.

This means that the helicopter was dispatched approximately 12 minutes before the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched at 1:55 p.m. Saturday, according to their news release written three days after the shooting.

If the shooting was reported to police as an “attempted murder” as the incident report says, why would it take 12 minutes for the law enforcement agency in charge of the area to dispatch officers?

Was local law enforcement’s arrival on the scene deliberately delayed?

Further, an eye witness (see top of article and below) told FITSnews her phone shows the helicopter landed at the scene along Charleston Highway in Varnville, South Carolina around 2:15 p.m. and left around 2:25 p.m. She told FITSNews that police appeared at the landing zone before the helicopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get