ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 5 year olds are at that cusp age.

It’s not nearly so easy to kill a 5 year old as it is a baby. Around this age, they usually can’t be easily killed with the perpetrator’s bare hands anymore. It takes weapons.

It’s also a peak age for drowning as they and others may be overly confident about their ability/competence/independence.

Just wishing for an update on this sweet boy.

I can’t help but think that somebody has him. It just seems like he disappeared into thin air and that’s not possible. If that isn’t the case then they should have found him by now. Just my humble opinion. Where are you Monkey?

Does anyone remember who was home that day. I know the dad and baby sister were there of course but I've read various reports that a grandparent lived there as well as perhaps a nanny. I'm just not sure exactly who was at home when he went missing.

Does anyone remember who was home that day. I know the dad and baby sister were there of course but I've read various reports that a grandparent lived there as well as perhaps a nanny. I'm just not sure exactly who was at home when he went missing.

I don’t think there have been any approved sources covering who was home, who saw him last, or what was seen on any surveillance video (such as direction of travel).

The family hasn’t done any interviews. They just made very brief remarks at a press conference and issued statements through police and friends and made posts on social media.

I surely hope this is going to be one of those never found cases. Uggg.

To this day I believe they have to come up with something that they can focus in on a human body buried or in the woods or water.
We can send people to the moon but we can't find our kids.

Some good technology might stop some of these killers that take our children from us and go unpunished because of no body.

Some kind of something from an airplane would surely be the way to go and cover large areas.

I surely hope this is going to be one of those never found cases. Uggg.

To this day I believe they have to come up with something that they can focus in on a human body buried or in the woods or water.
We can send people to the moon but we can't find our kids.

Some good technology might stop some of these killers that take our children from us and go unpunished because of no body.

Some kind of something from an airplane would surely be the way to go and cover large areas.

BBM

LiDar:

LiDAR for Search and Rescue | Velodyne Lidar

Thermal (must be used early in the search operation):

Airborne Surveillance | Teledyne FLIR

The US DOD has put out ROIs for tech that “sees through walls” so there are continued advancements in that field (and battlefield usage), but also Constitutional/ 4th amendment issues.

Thermal imaging indoors requires warrants. Courts have thrown out cases where LE thermal scanned buildings/residences for grow ops without a warrant.

9-13-21
Update: The Search for Michael Joseph Vaughan.
Throughout this week, resources from the Fruitland Police Department, the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue, the Idaho State Police, and the FBI have remained on task in the search for missing 5-year-old Michael Vaughan. Investigators continue to follow up on tips as they come in. To date we have received 401 tips through the tip lines and each tip has been assigned to an investigator for follow up. This investigation is requiring an intense effort to analyze data of all types. This is a shared effort among the partnered law enforcement agencies involving countless man hours. As we work to scrutinize data, we will be re-interviewing some individuals in the effort to make sure no detail is missed.

This week another Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Team with specialized canine was deployed to a search the area around SW9th and an area north of our primary search area. We would like to thank the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue for their responsiveness. They have been a tremendous resource and have helped us cover thousands of acres of ground.

We want our community know that Michael is our priority and the needs of the investigation and search demand a huge amount of our attention. As we enter this detailed phase of this investigation, we’re doing our best with regular updates posted to this page. Again, our public updates may not sound like “breaking news”, and a bit repetitive, but we hope they help members of our community understand our efforts continue. Our $10,000.00 reward is available to anyone having information leading us to the safe return of Michael.

At this point we continue to ask that you remain vigilant and please share the poster linked here,
https://www.fruitland.org/.../VAUGHAN_MICHAEL_JOSEPH..., and to keep him in your prayers.
We remain hopeful. Sometimes answers come slow, but the Fruitland Police Department and our partners remain committed to bringing Michael home safe. We thank you for your support
Please follow this page for more updates as they’re available.
Thank You.

They still haven't moved away from searching the area around the home - specialized canine was deployed to a search the area around SW9th and an area north of our primary search area.

Scrutinize data, re-interviewing "some individuals".

It sounds like LE has an idea what may have happened to Michael? Message to community reassuring them the investigation continues, but parents are not included in that statement?

You really have to look carefully at how LE updates are worded and in what context. "Bring Michael home safe" noted twice. SAR team being deployed to a specific area is a clue to me that "someone in authority" has designated this as an area of high probability otherwise they would not waste the time, resources and finances to search it. Looks to me that they are making every effort to rule out Michael wandering off and expiring and in doing so they are left with abduction by persons local and/or known to Michael (higher statistical probability) or a stranger abduction (lower statistical probability).

They still haven't moved away from searching the area around the home - specialized canine was deployed to a search the area around SW9th and an area north of our primary search area.

It sounds like LE has an idea what may have happened to Michael? Message to community reassuring them the investigation continues, but parents are not included in that statement?

It sure does sound like that, @Knox. This is the first update that hasn't mentioned the family at all. :( I think we all know where it's likely heading, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that.

I’m not familiar with that area. If it’s already been searched what’s to search?

Is the area fields, streets, homes?

I've seen searchers in some cases go over particularly important areas repeatedly. I think they searched the stream area where Serenity Dennard went missing at least a dozen times.

In our case, the canals and irrigation ditches would be drying out for winter and a clue that might hav been hidden in the water will be more visible. Sometimes they get additional tips, also possible here. Maybe additional search resources like the specialized search dogs.

To me, the repeated searches imply they have strong evidence that he's in that area and just hasn't been found, or that they think there should be some evidence they can uncover, like a piece of his clothing or a toy he was carrying.

And we ask you to “remain vigilant”

sheesh. I’d be scared to death if I lived in that neighborhood with my kids. Moo.

I wonder if a lot of new security cams were installed.

sheesh. I’d be scared to death if I lived in that neighborhood with my kids. Moo.

Yes me too. Speaking of security cameras I think I read early on they had collected many of the Ring recordings.
I don’t think they would pick up a whole neighborhood but several of them could tell a story.

I wonder what the existing cameras showed LE? Perhaps not something conclusive, but enough to isolate certain scenarios. I know this is a small town, so major media outlets may not be as interested in following. But McCleary was also a small town, and Lindsey Baum's case had national coverage. This case puzzles me, I can't put my finger on it but it just feels different, so quiet. Maybe I'm just used to parents being vocal and in front of the camera.

If Michael were abducted and there was a chance he was still with us, I don't think they would be searching at ground zero again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993