SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dumpster fire this guy's life is. How does someone with so much privilege get to this point?
One, two three, four or more pills at a time

Those with the privilege of power believe they have the right to use it because they have the power. He had the power. The choices were up to him how to use it. Too bad he didn’t have the willpower not to abuse his power.

Last edited:
During his stint as a "volunteer" with the Solicitors's office, did AM prosecute any drug-related crimes?

Maybe my question can only be rhetorical, since it seems the Solicitors's office wasn't in the habit of keeping records about the cases AM "helped" to prosecute or investigate. IMO

NO ONE else on that long, desolate stretch of rural back road.
"Assisted suicide".
"Opioid addiction".
"No way out but suicide".
"$10M insurance payout".
All pure, unadulterated bullcrap.

1) So exactly how did CES suddenly get thrust into the blazing hot, now-national glare of Murdaugh Murders World? One reason: Alex did not keep his mouth shut. No, he willingly provided info on a blue truck and suspect sketch details and voila ... CES steps onto the bloody stage. Why did Alex draw attention to himself with a 911 call if his whole intention was simply to die so his kid could get $10M insurance? Wouldn't you stay silent?

2) Who would ever have known about CES except for Alex's 911 call?! Certainly sounds like the original Alex-CES deal was a staged "shooting" to establish that Alex is also an innocent, endangered family target ... but somewhere along the way the deal morphed into "assisted suicide". BUT who in their right mind agrees to commit "assisted suicide", i.e. MURDER - in broad daylight no less? To what end, what benefit to the shooter could justify such a terrible criminal risk? It's one thing to stage a fake shooting scene ... it's quite another to actually shoot and kill someone.

3) This back road drama twisted two massively different ways: did CES agree to set-the-fake-shooting-stage "Deal A" but Alex had nefarious "Deal B" narrative in mind, to establish CES as a "shooter", a willing "killer"? Once Alex dialed 911 HE was in total control of the story.

4) And Alex's alleged, wholly failed "gunshot" wound? Safer to self-inflict a nasty wound with a knife (head wounds bleed profusely). Or perhaps he enlisted CES to do it.

5) On a crucial note: If the entire family was/is a target of the mysterious killer(s), why have no attempts been made on Buster or any other Murdaugh family member?

6) My guess as to Alex's future strategy: he and his attorneys are setting CES up for the Big Fall and by that I mean direct implication in the double Murdaugh murders. Exactly how they will do this I do not know.

The sons, Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriott, who are now both in their 20s, did not participate in the negotiations and did not sign any settlement agreements, the sons’ new lawyers, Ronnie Richter and Eric Bland, said in a lawsuit filed Wednesday. The lawsuit named Mr. Murdaugh, as well as the law firm and individual lawyer who had represented the sons, as defendants.

The new lawyers said Mr. Murdaugh had introduced Ms. Satterfield’s sons to one of the lawyers who represented them in the settlement, but that they had not been aware of how close the lawyer was to Mr. Murdaugh.

Mr. Richter said in an interview that he had not expected the state police to open a criminal investigation, but he was glad Ms. Satterfield’s death was getting a deeper look.

“I can’t recall a case that required sunlight more than this one,” he said. “Wherever it comes from, it’s a good thing.
How a Housekeeper’s 2018 Death Became the Latest Murdaugh Murder Mystery

Miley whisper something into to Morgan's ear and Morgan became visibly upset.
Ms. Blount stated that she overheard Morgan say to DNR officers that were there in the ER that she wanted to,

Just asking a question here. Wasn't Miley a first cousin to Paul? I think that is what I recall from one deposition. Maybe someone with a better memory can help me out here.

JMO

Miley whisper something into to Morgan's ear and Morgan became visibly upset. Ms. Blount stated that she overheard Morgan say to DNR officers that were there in the ER that she wanted to,

Just asking a question here. Wasn't Miley a first cousin to Paul? I think that is what I recall from one deposition. Maybe someone with a better memory can help me out here.

JMO

Ms. Blount stated that she overheard Morgan say to DNR officers that were there in the ER that she wanted to,

Im not following you, what do you mean?

This is different, as she died in the hospital and the family apparently didn’t request an autopsy at the time.
Oh I just meant, it’s similar in that in SS’ autopsy there was a discrepancy between evidence and final cause of death reported. And no one seemed to be allowed to question.

In Satterfield’s case, how do you get a death certificate to say “Natural causes” when the patient had been clearly injured from a fall. Nothing natural about that and very questionable how the outcome seems to uniquely favor AM both times against the evidence observed.

It feels to me that every single case handled by this law firm might benefit from re-examination at this rate…not just an accounting audit, a judicial audit. Don’t know if that’s even a thing.

CES business card could read...

-----
Purveyor of Meth.
And Corncobs (with instructions).
-----

Allegedly, anyway. I have had a long day and "corncobs with instructions" keeps making me giggle. I did not have *corncobs with instructions* on my bingo card.

Last edited:
If his corncobs were being offered as toilet paper alternatives, I could imagine that instructions would be a good idea. You don't want someone using their cob "vertically" (ahem) instead of "horizontally" imo

CES business card could read...

-----
Purveyor of Meth.
And Corncobs (with instructions).
-----

Allegedly, anyway. I have had a long day and "corncobs with instructions" keeps making me giggle.. I did not have *corncobs with instructions* on my bingo card.

I understand that if a person supplies the means to commit suicide like bringing a gun or pills or whatever, that is assisting a suicide. But if a person brings a gun and points it at an otherwise physically competent person regardless of what they have said and pulls a trigger, why isn't that murder or attempted murder?

Every life insurance policy I ever bought has a 2 year suicide clause. In other words if you kill yourself within two years of buying the policy it won't pay off. What I got from news articles the 10 mil policy was a recent purchase (maybe after MM and PM's murders).

So with that 2 year clause in mind here is a better question IMO. Alex has admitted to being an opioid addict for 20 years (per his attorney and his statements). If Alex was really serious about taking his own life and not having it look like suicide, all he had to do was go to his house or park his car in a remote area where no one was standing by to give him a shot of Narcon and shoot up with a little extra in his daily fix. Guaranteed, knowing what the public knows about opioid addiction and how they build up a tolerance to the drug and have to keep upping the amount to get high, it would have most certainly been ruled an accidental overdose by the coroner. No one the wiser. Key word here is accidental. In that case the insurance company would have paid off no questions asked.

So I do not believe for one second he had any intentions of killing himself. He wanted it to look like he was a target of the same one who killed MM and PM.

JMO

If his corncobs were being offered as toilet paper alternatives, I could imagine that instructions would be a good idea. You don't want someone using their cob "vertically" (ahem) instead of "horizontally" imo

I can believe it. I used to write corporate docs and the number and types of warnings that have to be included were sometimes surprising. (Legal departments will do that to you. Wonder if AM advised CES to include instructions to avoid liability issues, lol.)

I like that CES was admonishing folks about "wasting" their supplies. Were they... supposed to be reused? Or...?

Still giggling.

And feeling sad for MM and her family and friends on her birthday.

Authorities have not revealed how Smith knew Murdaugh; however, Smith was Murdaugh’s past legal client. Furthermore, an old obituary for a Walterboro-based brother of a Curtis Edward Smith indicates that their mother was named “Emaline Murdaugh Smith.” It’s not clear whether that gives Smith a family relation to Murdaugh, however distant. Emaline’s obituary says she was the “daughter of the late Edward Carroll Murdaugh and the late Charity Robertson Murdaugh.”
Curtis Edward Smith: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Coincidence?:
C. E. SMITH TRUCKING, LLC :: South Carolina (US) :: OpenCorporates
Maybe not a coincidence:
Who lives at 1075 Burlington Rd, Walterboro SC | Rehold

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online