Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

I also wonder if the bio mom lives in close proximity to the adoptive parents. Did Isabella know where she lives? Was it close enough for her to think she could walk?

I have a hard time thinking a 6yo would know where anyone lived, even possibly her own address. (Mine did, but many do not.) I do think that the bio family lives in that area of Oahu, so I suppose that it is possible that she thought she could walk.

How streetwise can a 6yo who has been with the same family for the past 4 years, even if she was on the streets for the first two?

_ZMScsoS

I'm in love with Isabella's sweet little face, that smile extends to her eyes - so joyful.

I believe the news said the mom's former boyfriend is the one currently in in drug rehab, not the mom. According to local news, the biological parents were living houseless in the same Waimanalo community where the adoptive parents live. The Waimanalo community is fairly close knit, I believe, with lots of plant nurseries, horse farms and other agricultural. There are so, so many places nearby a young child could hide. The landscape is largely jungle between homes, with lots of ditches and gullies and very thick brush. Plus, all the agricultural operations have lots of sheds and places a kid could hide. Also, Waimanalo beach is only a few blocks away. There is lots of forest and dense brush near the beach. I live about 5 miles away and spent some time today driving and looking around nearby areas, until I had to leave for work. I believe the adoptive home is only a few blocks away from the home of some of the biological relatives. So many are looking for her here. One thought I had while driving the area was that there was no way a 6 year old child would have gone into the dark and scary jungle/forested areas so late at night. Or anytime, really. I think she would have headed for someone's home or a building. Even the walk to the beach would have been scary at night. Plus, she'd have had to cross a busy, 2 lane road at night before she got to the beach. You'd think someone would have noticed a 6 year old doing that so late at night. It seems more likely she would have tried to go find her mom or relatives nearby, right? I'm praying they find her soon and will go join the search tomorrow if they go out again.

I believe the news said the mom's former boyfriend is the one currently in in drug rehab, not the mom. According to local news, the biological parents were living houseless in the same Waimanalo community where the adoptive parents live. The Waimanalo community is fairly close knit, I believe, with lots of plant nurseries, horse farms and other agricultural. There are so, so many places nearby a young child could hide. The landscape is largely jungle between homes, with lots of ditches and gullies and very thick brush. Plus, all the agricultural operations have lots of sheds and places a kid could hide. Also, Waimanalo beach is only a few blocks away. There is lots of forest and dense brush near the beach. I live about 5 miles away and spent some time today driving and looking around nearby areas, until I had to leave for work. I believe the adoptive home is only a few blocks away from the home of some of the biological relatives. So many are looking for her here. One thought I had while driving the area was that there was no way a 6 year old child would have gone into the dark and scary jungle/forested areas so late at night. Or anytime, really. I think she would have headed for someone's home or a building. Even the walk to the beach would have been scary at night. Plus, she'd have had to cross a busy, 2 lane road at night before she got to the beach. You'd think someone would have noticed a 6 year old doing that so late at night. It seems more likely she would have tried to go find her mom or relatives nearby, right? I'm praying they find her soon and will go join the search tomorrow if they go out again.
Thank you that's right, Sellers is in rehab (boyfriend not bio-mom). Welcome to WS, your local boots on the ground knowledge is very welcome!!

Do you have any thoughts on the possibility it could be Isabella in the surveillance video shown at this link?

Last edited:
I think it's very unlikely that she could have walked on her own, at night, all the way to the Oneawa St location in Kailua that's shown on that video. Just to start, she would have had to walk about 2 miles along a fairly busy, 2 lane, then 4 lane highway before she got to the beginning of the Kailua area. Most of that walk doesn't have sidewalk and isn't well lit at night. Then she'd have to walk another 2-3 miles through a populated residential area and town before she got to where the video was taken. Starting walking from her home in Waimanalo she'd have to go about 3 blocks to a small strip mall mall with a Jack in the Box, where she'd turn left onto Kalaniana'ole Highway. That's the coastal commuter route near the ocean. From Waimanalo to Kailua it passes some horse properties and houses, then goes past a golf course and up a long, small hill towards the backside of Kailua. That 1+ mile stretch would have been poorly lit, no sidewalk and scary, plus plenty of passing cars, even at night. I can't imagine that someone wouldn't have stopped if they saw a small child walking it late at night. That said, it did occur to me that maybe she somehow got someone to give her a ride into Kailua. That would be the only way that video could be of her, imho. There was a car in the longer video I saw that was slowly driving around and backing up/turning around near the child. That was suspicious. Just my thoughts... I seriously doubt she got far from her house unless someone took her in a car.

Knox, can u guide me to where I can do a name search? I did the pull down menu and not seeing anything that allows me to do that. TIA

You have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Click Here to Enter eCourt* Kokua" button. Once you're in, choose "search for case details by person name...". Then enter the person(s) names from the news articles. Hope this helps!

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone,

Even though someone is named in MSM, if they are not officially named a POI by LE, please use their initials only and do NOT sleuth them on the public thread.

Lots of people have a past. It doesn't necessarily mean they are guilty of something in the present. At this point, this is a missing child case. Frankly, I'm surprised that MSM would publish that information at such an early stage in this investigation and without LE naming someone as a POI or suspect in a criminal matter.

Members can do all sorts of sleuthing behind the scenes and discuss in private conversations, but WS very basic victim friendly rules are that we do not make insinuations, direct or indirect accusations against family members or other 'innocents' and that includes both biological and adoptive family members.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The other children were also removed. Which could shine a light on the adoptive parents. So we have four adults possibly not being able to provide for these children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another day has passed and still no sign of Isabella "Ariel." I appreciated the posts of @Dave99, giving us a local perspective. It really isn't looking good.

The following links have new information, which if true add to the feeling of uneasiness about what might have happened to Isabella "Ariel." The first tells of a photo album said to contain her pictures that was dumped a week ago.

The second link says that she was pulled out of school and was being homeschooled.

It makes me wonder if she might have been missing earlier than Sunday night.

Day 3: Search continues for missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

According to a witness, officers searched Waimanalo Refuse Convenience Center, located down the road from the Waimanalo District Park. The witness said police searched the dumpsters as well as junk refrigerators and washers. A second witness said a photo album with pictures of Isabella was found a week ago at the dump and was turned into police.

Jamie Kumai, Isabella’s biological aunt, said she did hear about the photo album.

“We don’t know too much information about it,” she explained. “All we know is it is in police custody."

Where is Isabella Kalua? Girl, 6, goes missing after adoptive parents put her to bed

According to insider sources, the girl was pulled out of public school earlier this year and was being home-schooled. Her adoptive family has not divulged many details to the media, as they asserted that they were "told not to talk to investigators."

Watch ‘This is Now’: FBI assisting with the search for Isabella Kalua

Interim Police Chief Rade Vanic told the Honolulu Police Commission on Wednesday that investigators “haven’t determined or we don’t have sufficient evidence to show that the child was abducted.”

“We are hoping she isn’t in immediate danger,” he added.

Meanwhile, sources confirmed to Hawaii News Now that Isabella was pulled out of her public school earlier this year in order to be home-schooled.

Intense search for missing 6-year-old enters 4th day with no signs of the child

I don't like that bit of bolded news at all. I want to know exactly when Isabella was last seen by anyone outside of the family. This also puts a new spin on potential reasons the other kids were removed. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the same questions were being asked in California City.

Interim Police Chief Rade Vanic told the Honolulu Police Commission on Wednesday that investigators “haven’t determined or we don’t have sufficient evidence to show that the child was abducted.”

“We are hoping she isn’t in immediate danger,” he added.

Meanwhile, sources confirmed to Hawaii News Now that Isabella was pulled out of her public school earlier this year in order to be home-schooled.

Intense search for missing 6-year-old enters 4th day with no signs of the child

I don't like that bit of bolded news at all. I want to know exactly when Isabella was last seen by anyone outside of the family. This also puts a new spin on potential reasons the other kids were removed. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the same questions were being asked in California City.

Identical to Orrin and Orson. I truly hope little Isabella will be found and not end up like it has with the boys in Cali. UGH!

The adoptive parents of a missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl had pulled her out of Waimanalo Elementary School, the Department of Education confirmed Wednesday.

The parents filled out paperwork to have Isabella Kalua withdrawn and reported the reason was to home-school her, said a DOE official, who could not say when that occurred.

Isabella, named Ariel Sellers at birth, was initially fostered then adopted within the last year by Sonny and Lehua Kalua. They told police she has been missing since Sunday night when she was last seen in her bedroom.

Isabella’s biological mother, Melanie Joseph, said the mother of a boy in her daughter’s class told her she hadn’t been to school for about a week.

Missing 6-year-old girl had been pulled out of Waimanalo Elementary School

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back