SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a drug dealer agree to kill someone for a life insurance claim in which he would gain absolutely nothing?
Do these people really think we are going to believe that?
Well maybe AM figured CES could always go to BM and blackmail him with the info that could be leaked to the insurance company, your father set this up, insurance fraud, ya-dah, ya-dah, etc.. AM probably thought BM would throw him some cash from time to time, keep him happy. So not reeeally a pro bono deed.

I'm joking of course because that would all be ludicrous...even for this family...right?

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

I don’t see a head wound.

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

Anyone get a side view yet? It would be the left ear that we would see in a side shot. I'm wondering if the right ear is naturally funny, if it's a bad angle, or if that weird spot on the right ear is the "entrance and exit wound." I'm curious about the side view also because it looks like there is a dark spot at the top part of the left ear, but I don't know if that is bruising or a shadow.

Alex Murdaugh’s mugshot has been released.

Those of you who followed this story closely will remember when Paul Murdaugh was charged with three felonies, he did not have to wear a jumpsuit and people were outraged.

It’s surreal to see Alex in a jumpsuit.

https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438555206992769036?s=21

Hampton County Sheriff's Office
20 mins ·

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION (SLED)
SLED ARRESTS ALEX MURDAUGH FOR INSURANCE FRAUD
AND OTHER CRIMES
Agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Thursday arrested Richard Alexander “Alex” Murdaugh, 53, in connection to the shooting incident on Sept. 4 in which he conspired with Curtis Edward Smith to assist him in committing suicide for the explicit
purpose of allowing a beneficiary to collect life insurance.
Murdaugh was charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, along with filing a false police report.
“I can assure you that SLED agents will continue working to bring justice to anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations,” said SLED Chief Mark Keel. “The arrests in this case are only the first step in that process.”
This SLED investigation was requested by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office. Murdaugh was booked at the Hampton County Detention Center. The case will be prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office.

There is the question...what happened to the millions taken? Thanks for the calculations, it helps clarify.

The claim that millions were embezzled does not seem to be supported by documentary evidence. Likewise, the 10 million claim- or even the five million claim does not seem to reflect the firm's activities.

At the end of the day, they were not suing Boeing over 737 Max deaths, were not suing tobacco companies, and were not suing say, multiple catholic dioceses over sex abuse.

Rather, their suits appear to include a steady number of run of the mill car wreck cases and "slipped down at the down home diner" stuff.

Their corperate suits were more lucrative- but only relatively so. A railway complained of a local machine driven settlement for 300K instead of 100k. Another railway suit was the old "back hurt at work" claim- not exactly a series "train hits bus" type claims.

Their website listed a series of million dollar jury wards (easy to get, mean nothing), but gave no information on the settlements actually reached. Companies know how to appeal. SC appellate courts might not be supportive of "jack pot" verdicts from the home county. Even inflated settlements could be relatively low.

In short..... I doubt there was 10 million, or even 5 million to steal and suspect the amount actually embezzled was far lower.

Unless the graze was in the back of head. Didn't someone say that's where an injury could cause temporary blindness?

If it was on the back of his head, it was small enough that they didn't have to shave it for stitches or whatever and it didn't make any marks that you can see on the back of his head in the video of him in handcuffs.

Hampton County Sheriff's Office
20 mins ·

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION (SLED)
SLED ARRESTS ALEX MURDAUGH FOR INSURANCE FRAUD
AND OTHER CRIMES
Agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Thursday arrested Richard Alexander “Alex” Murdaugh, 53, in connection to the shooting incident on Sept. 4 in which he conspired with Curtis Edward Smith to assist him in committing suicide for the explicit
purpose of allowing a beneficiary to collect life insurance.
Murdaugh was charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, along with filing a false police report.
“I can assure you that SLED agents will continue working to bring justice to anyone involved with any criminal act associated with these ongoing investigations,” said SLED Chief Mark Keel. “The arrests in this case are only the first step in that process.”
This SLED investigation was requested by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office. Murdaugh was booked at the Hampton County Detention Center. The case will be prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office.

Music to the ears of the people affected in all the counties involved. SLED has a lot on their plate, hope they're up for digesting every bite!

Amen Betty P! You got that right. Poor Gloria S. was just a paycheck to them. We'll tell you what happened, what to put on her death certificate and don't to an autopsy for the record.

The Hampton County coroner who is asking questions now is only doing so, IMO, because the S. boy's lawyer is on the case and shed enough light.

It makes you wonder where were the doctors who treat GS, where's their account of her injuries and death. She lingered for days, did she not? Is that all hidden behind HIPA? Might be the only accounting of GS's death.

And two more things...No EMS or police sent to M house for her. So transported to the hospital by?? AM's lawyer has the nerve to say in that interview AM had nothing to do with GS's death. She died on his property, on his steps.

These people could literally make you go away with their privileged arsenal. I found it so strange that there were no details of her injury in the filings, being as it was for a claim. It speaks to the level of corruption among those involved.

I’m sure the obit mention of how nice the Murdaughs were to her was probably written by them.

Very, VERY deep...it's going to rock the state and beyond, IMO

LOL--I think the STATE has known the Murdaugh Family Influencers for generations. They just took the money and closed their eyes . IMO, Murdaugh Sr. was the last of the clean-up titans. Alex is just not up to the challenge of keeping his screw-up kid out of jail. Paul has 2 suspicious deaths with no convictions.. Now they are reopening the suspicious death of the Murdaughs housekeeper.
Who knows who else will be pulled into this "Good Ole Boy" network.

The claim that millions were embezzled does not seem to be supported by documentary evidence. Likewise, the 10 million claim- or even the five million claim does not seem to reflect the firm's activities.

At the end of the day, they were not suing Boeing over 737 Max deaths, were not suing tobacco companies, and were not suing say, multiple catholic dioceses over sex abuse.

Rather, their suits appear to include a steady number of run of the mill car wreck cases and "slipped down at the down home diner" stuff.

Their corperate suits were more lucrative- but only relatively so. A railway complained of a local machine driven settlement for 300K instead of 100k. Another railway suit was the old "back hurt at work" claim- not exactly a series "train hits bus" type claims.

Their website listed a series of million dollar jury wards (easy to get, mean nothing), but gave no information on the settlements actually reached. Companies know how to appeal. SC appellate courts might not be supportive of "jack pot" verdicts from the home county. Even inflated settlements could be relatively low.

In short..... I doubt there was 10 million, or even 5 million to steal and suspect the amount actually embezzled was far lower.
Interesting, thanks. Time will tell us more after all the investigative audits being done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle