Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A healthy reward for information might help.

Someone as publicly bubbly as GP must have a circle of friends who would have been apprised of her feelings and plans. That makes me think LE doesn't have her phone. Still, they can get contact and message info from the phone company.

Did anyone else watch the very end of the full length webcam video? It's posted back a ways. The officer said over and over again that Yosemite Park in California was the place they needed to visit. This conversation was only with Brian. It made my antennas go up! Maybe the text did say Yosemite? Brian could have slipped up ......

This is exactly my train of thought!

In regards to BL’s parents not answering Gabby’s parents communication, I have a theory. When BL returned home to clean out his storage-he may have told his parents about the police incident or that they broke up. So BLs parents became bitter and didn’t want to talk to Gabby’s parents.

I mean… Or he harmed her or abandoned her and told his parents about it.

This case is so crazy - I have been following like it's my job. It is absolutely baffling to me that ANYONE would suggest that this guy is innocent. We have to use logic here and NOTHING he has done is logical. You DO NOT return home without the love of your life and NOT tell her family that something horrible has happened / not answer calls / texts / not do anything in your power to find the person you love. It is not logical for a human being to witness an accident and NOT call for help. In my opinion, there is only one answer here. I am so sad for GP and her family.

Did anyone else watch the very end of the full length webcam video? It's posted back a ways. The officer said over and over again that Yosemite Park in California was the place they needed to visit. This conversation was only with Brian. It made my antennas go up! Maybe the text did say Yosemite? Brian could have slipped up ......
Yes! Was just posting about this myself.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

In all fairness we have zero evidence of who sent those messages and only single statements from Gabbys mother and friend that that is what was actually said.

I'm not inclined to take anything at face value without corroboration and so I would treat any statements by individuals to the press with a grain of salt.

That being said is it possible that whoever had Gabbys phone replied with the wrong location because she gave them the wrong location like a cry for help? I doubt her boyfriend would have needed to ask her if they had already planned their trip out so if that's the case it suggests an unknown third party.

Never? How many innocent people have been convicted through LE pressuring them?

Many, Lot's. I could give examples, cases, etc. but they would be a distraction to this thread. There are even some very well known examples even recently.

He has not given them info. His only way of giving info is talking. Are you suggesting he wrote to them?

I don't believe any of us know the truth there. I have not seen LE say, "BL has not told us the last time he saw Gabby". What I've seen is LE saying he hasn't talked to them, or given them info. In my kind of world, everyone would always tell the truth and there are clearly good guys and bad guys. But in reality, the best rule of thumb is if you are innocent, trust no one.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I don't really know. And I'm on this site because I want to hear things I haven't heard, and I want to hear other opinions. And of course BL is a person of interest. If he is, in fact, innocent. His best approach is exactly what he's doing.

Sorry to ask such a basic question but is it correct to assume GP’s phone is missing along with her and we don’t have records of where her phone last pinged? She’s been gone so long. Why not?

How did the friend make plans to meet up with GP in Yosemite? Text? Before the 27th or only on the 27th and never to be confirmed on the 29th?

If this was last minute, sounds to me like it was a way to throw off her scent - make it look like GP’s phone (and therefore GP) went there. Perhaps he went through there to chuck her phone. Where did BL’s phones ping during the same time? If his phone was not charged would it ping?

This will have to come down to technology.
FBI may have answers, but they're not telling. And I read, that cell phone companies don't release that kind of info publicly; it's considered private, so the FBI would hace to keep it confidential.

This case is so crazy - I have been following like it's my job. It is absolutely baffling to me that ANYONE would suggest that this guy is innocent. We have to use logic here and NOTHING he has done is logical. You DO NOT return home without the love of your life and NOT tell her family that something horrible has happened / not answer calls / texts / not do anything in your power to find the person you love. It is not logical for a human being to witness an accident and NOT call for help. In my opinion, there is only one answer here. I am so sad for GP and her family.
AMEN!!!!

I very much agree. At 24 I had been married for three years and became a mother at that age. I cannot fathom this hiding behind his parents’ skirts at 24.

I believe I’ve said the same thing in about 15 posts already, so I’ll state my opinion once more and be done with it. In reply to so many (who do have the right to their opinion, of course), I still can’t grasp this mindset that BL and his parents should be non responsive. So many people are saying “but what if he doesn’t know where she is?” I agree, perhaps he doesn’t. BUT HE CAN SAY TWO THINGS: WHERE HE LAST SAW HER AND WHEN WAS THAT. There is NO justification IMO to omit this factual information that he DOES KNOW.

At least give the family and LE a starting point and narrow it down for them. Guilty or innocent, he knows where and when he last saw her, so tell them. I know that it’s possible if he did hurt or kill her he won’t give these facts so that she won’t be found.

But I shudder when people say he doesn’t know anything, because he does know this.

I agree completely. There are a lot of devil's advocates on this thread. She's missing. If he didn't do anything wrong, he could have just said so. All he had to do was cooperate and be helpful. Everything he is doing screams guilt, so if he IS innocent and this case goes cold w/no body, he is going to end up being treated like Casey Anthony, as much as I hate that case being mentioned yet again.

Imo, he is acting guilty bc he is.

Brian Laundrie's parents neighbors are back in the golf cart with signs. They say "you can only hide for so long" and "As a mom, whether my children are right or wrong, I"m not going to baby them and hide in a house. Give a clue!"
View attachment 312833
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438641919169552385?s=21
I HATE this - especially involving the children in the back of this golf cart like this is all fun and games. And if Brian turns out to have no involvement in Gabby's disappearance other than leaving . . . ?

Certainly publicly LE are stating that currently they do not suspect criminality.

Also, if he is 'innocent', how could speaking to LE hurt him? He's a white young man. It doesn't appear that he has a criminal history and there is a video portraying him as a domestic violence victim.

I realise the US justice system isn't perfect, but I don't see the police's priority or aim to stitch Brian up, IF he had no role in her disappearance and whatever has happened to her.
BBM
And you hit the nail on the head. But what if he did have a "role in her disappearance and whatever has happened to her"? He might or he might not, but his concern is about himself and not Gabby.

MOO

Strange when in the car with LE on the way to the hotel the officer and BL talked about Yosemite. Then the text supposedly from Gabby to her mom Yosemite is mistakingly written in place of Yellowstone. more reason to think BL wrote it not Gabby, IMO

Of course he wrote it and LE knows that Gabby's phone wasn't in California when it was sent. No doubt they have every reason to believe this guy is lying based on phone records, texts etc. Innocent? Why the lie to Mom? imo.

or maybe it was an on purpose slip up… headed to Yellowstone and maybe whatever happened did happen at Yellowstone and the Yosemite was an attempt to draw focus he knew was coming away from Yellowstone

IMHO only explanation for continuing to be completely silent, even through his attorney, in the face of pleas from the family after not hearing from their daughter for 16 days is that he knows she's dead. I think all of us know Gabby isn't just wandering around in the desert waiting for a ride. This is the guy who was willing to "go to jail instead of her" in the body cam video. I can't think of another reason for him to say absolutely nothing about the last time he saw her unless he knew something had happened.

FBI may have answers, but they're not telling. And I red, that cell phone companies don't release that kind of info publicly; it's considered private, so the FBI would hace to keep it confidential.
But her family should get access to it, no? If they had it, you’d think they’d release it to concentrate the public’s effort on where to find her?

In regards to BL’s parents not answering Gabby’s parents communication, I have a theory. When BL returned home to clean out his storage-he may have told his parents about the police incident or that they broke up. So BLs parents became bitter and didn’t want to talk to Gabby’s parents.

I mean… Or he harmed her or abandoned her and told his parents about it.
Agreed.
Devil's advocate here : What if the parents are determined that this young lady who 'left' or 'abandoned' their son is not, I repeat, NOT going to 'ruin his life' ?
I mean, we don't know what he told his parents.
Could have spun a wild tale. :eek:
*sigh* :(
Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics