SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Alex had gunshot "entry" and "exit" wounds, as claimed, he'd have at least one shaved portion of his hair OR two visible wounds on bare skin. From all angles, we see NOTHING. CES (or even Alex?) may have shot 7-10 rounds into the woods and/or air but he did not shoot Alex. In fact, I can see no injuries whatsoever on or around his head.

I'm starting to get the feeling that AM & attorneys have selected the perfect scapegoat in CES; they're gonna railroad him into bad, bad things, i.e. prison for life for double murder?
CES does not look like he could aim and hit anyone. JMO.

I'm curious how intent to commit insurance fraud is a realistic charge since the intent completely fell apart when he wasn't really shot and he immediately called for assistance.

It's my belief that the shooting was meant to convince investigators that Alex was a victim of the same person who shot his wife and son. The shooter was supposed to miss, which is why Alex called police to report the shooting and called emergency medical care to report a minor injury.

Police can't prove that, but is a failed, hopeless attempt at hired suicide a crime, regardless of whether the motive was insurance money?

It sounds like a conversation about insurance fraud without actual intent.

I feel the same way as you do regarding what was going on that day. But he told them he intended to fake a murder in order to defraud the insurance company, so they have charged him with making the false statement/police report, conspiracy and "Insurance / False statement, misrep., or assisting, abetting, soliciting, or conspiring - 1st offense, $50,000 or more" (BBM) includes the conspiracy and soliciting CES to help him.

This is a classic case of what I call "a blue lights crime." My ex once told me, after getting a "failure to stop for blue lights charge" that he ran because a failure to stop charge got you less time and was less serious than a drug charge and if you have time to ditch his drugs before you stop on your own, you pay your fine, do your 90 days, if they even sentence you to it and move on with your life. He also told me that the best defense is that there is no safe place to pull over, and in some counties, there are lots of ditches on the side of the road, so that flies. If you pay your own attorney, you likely aren't even getting convicted.

Add a dash of sympathy for poor AM and the Oscar to his attorney for today's performance that this is what you get.

Tonja Alexander, a Hampton County magistrate judge, set Murdaugh’s bond under the conditions he give up his passport and immediately go back to rehab. If Murdaugh leaves the rehab facility without the court’s permission, a bench order will be issued for his arrest.

Murdaugh Murders: Judge Granted Alex Murdaugh $20,000 Bond, No GPS Monitoring

The shooting — which was first reported by this news outlet — took place on Old Salkehatchie Road near Varnville, S.C on September 4, 2021. In its aftermath, Murdaugh was airlifted to Parker’s Emergency and Trauma Center in Savannah, Georgia to receive treatment for “a superficial gunshot wound to the head,” according to a news release from SLED.

https://memorialhealth.com/specialties/emergency-care/

In compliance with American Trauma Society standards, our trauma center offers:

Snipped

A program for substance abuse screening and patient intervention

Do any of us know what was written on the paper Hootenanny gave to the judge today? He was very concerned about it becoming public and actually asked the judge if he could have the paper back at the end of the court session.

AM has connections all over the state of SC. I noticed him today as he shook hands and held on to the hands of one particular Sheriff's Deputy who approached his table. Because of his position, I imagine he is worried about entering a rehab facility within the state. The Murdaugh name doesn't sit well with lots of folks in those parts and that might compromise his safety, so he is hoping to stay out of state and out of reach for his "rehab."

Do any of us know what was written on the paper Hootenanny gave to the judge today? He was very concerned about it becoming public and actually asked the judge if he could have the paper back at the end of the court session.

AM has connections all over the state of SC. I noticed him today as he shook hands and held on to the hands of one particular Sheriff's Deputy who approached his table. Because of his position, I imagine he is worried about entering a rehab facility within the state. The Murdaugh name doesn't sit well with lots of folks in those parts and that might compromise his safety, so he is hoping to stay out of state and out of reach for his "rehab."
I believe he said it was written by one of AM's rehab doctors?

Hahaha! Did Hootenanny (the lawyer, forgot his name) just say "This is the face of the opioid epidemic," referring to Alex Murdaugh?

Wow. These people truly do not live on the same planet with us peasants.

ETA: If he had ANY significant or life-threatening trauma to his head, you would see where they had to shave his hair. He's got a full head, with no markings.

This is unreal.

Oof. I just saw his butt-crack.

What an absolute side-show, but expected, I guess.

I'm pretty sure when AM's derriere was exposed, I saw the exit wound!!!

I think even pointing the firearm is considered a violent offense. Did they tack on “possession of a weapon in a violent crime”? I see that charge a lot with gun crimes.
Yes you're correct, it is serious, I'm sorry. Even after having a wonderful supper I'm still in a facetious, head-spinning state of mind about this all.

Tonja Alexander, a Hampton County magistrate judge, set Murdaugh’s bond under the conditions he give up his passport and immediately go back to rehab. If Murdaugh leaves the rehab facility without the court’s permission, a bench order will be issued for his arrest.

Murdaugh Murders: Judge Granted Alex Murdaugh $20,000 Bond, No GPS Monitoring

The shooting — which was first reported by this news outlet — took place on Old Salkehatchie Road near Varnville, S.C on September 4, 2021. In its aftermath, Murdaugh was airlifted to Parker’s Emergency and Trauma Center in Savannah, Georgia to receive treatment for “a superficial gunshot wound to the head,” according to a news release from SLED.

https://memorialhealth.com/specialties/emergency-care/

In compliance with American Trauma Society standards, our trauma center offers:

Snipped

A program for substance abuse screening and patient intervention
Good find Elley.

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot
Yeah where's that serious head would with an entry and exit wound. Only a scratch would heal that well in 2 weeks.

Looking into that man's eyes give me a bad vibe. And that smug smile has me wanting to wipe it off his face. Too bad I don't live in SC. I would love to be called as a juror on one of his indictments. Might even be worth buying property in SC just in hopes of being called.
JMO

I don't know exactly what anyone in this family has or hasn't done and it's hard to take any of their words at face value... With that said, assuming AM has had a drug problem for 20 years and if (IF) the attorneys can be believed when they say it's the first time they've ever seen AM sober, I cannot understand the brother saying he was shocked to learn AM used drugs.

In trying to empathize, I guess I can understand that the family wouldn't want to broadcast that he's an addict. I don't know if they are still trying to maintain the family's 'upstanding image' or don't want to admit they looked the other way. If he has an issue with drugs, it is so beyond the time for them to intervene, to be honest with AM and honest with themselves, stop enabling , stop excusing, and start reflecting on mistakes made, crimes committed, etc.

You know, if it helps AM, his family, his lawyers to attribute his past actions on drug use and that allows him to start to come clean and do right by the people he's hurt (financially and otherwise), so be it for now. It is the continued denials, straight up lies, the preoccupation with controlling the narrative that leads me to believe it is deeper and /or that they are maybe not capable or willing to be honest and that leads to WHY.

sorry, just my musings.

Lot of lawyers in that family who are officers of the court and required to report someone practicing law in court while under the influence of drugs.

JMO

From AM's mugshot and appearance in the courtroom he looks like a normal healthy older man. He doesn't look like a 20 year opioid addict at all. He also doesn't look like he has had a scratch on him or has been in any distress. Now Curtis Smith on the other hand looked extremely frazzeled and you can tell he has had a hard life.

Last edited:
Anyone get a side view yet? It would be the left ear that we would see in a side shot. I'm wondering if the right ear is naturally funny, if it's a bad angle, or if that weird spot on the right ear is the "entrance and exit wound." I'm curious about the side view also because it looks like there is a dark spot at the top part of the left ear, but I don't know if that is bruising or a shadow.

BBM
Not trying to argue here, but you don't get a skull fracture and 2 brain bleeds by someone clipping your ear with a bullet. All you get is a pierced ear.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member