Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)s
There's also one above Lassen Volcanic National Park, a little northeast of Chico. It's going back and forth to a lake.

There are TWO GIANT FOREST FIRES at those locations:

The Dixie Fire involving Lassen National Park and the Caldor Fire between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe

Those are fire reconnaisance planes mapping the fire for the CFS Incident Commands to calibrate containment and evaluate for hot spots to allocate resources to.:):):)

Move along and take a break for a while...

Last edited:
This is incredibly confusing. Yosemite is a long way away from where they were. If she facetimed with her mom on the 24th or 25th she could have been in Yosemite by the 29th but not with Brian and the van. There's no way he could have made it back to Florida by the 1st in two days - unless he had another person to share the driving, straight through, w/o rest. So back to the question of whether he and Gabby headed back to Florida, together and something bad happened along the way.

I share your confusion -- but then the text on the 30th "no service in yosemite"

read a news article that a friend said she was supposed to meet up with GP in Yosemite - definitely not Yellowstone - on Aug 29 - so the plan, after Utah I guess - was to head to Yosemite.

Guess it all comes down to where the phone was when it said "no service in yosemite"

or --- how did she get to Yosemite? BL drives there, does something, then drives back to florida from cali which is even further away? or BL leaves her, drives to FL, and she makes her own way to Yosemite?
Link please! This could change a whole lot of confusion & assumptions!

When I look at these two people together in their photos, I have a difficult time imagining either of them being angry and out of control. The police interaction was shocking to me. They seem to be in a Zen-like state for much of their trip. Was it all a façade for social media? Also, does anyone know if either of them had been to college? I haven't been able to read everything, but nothing I've read indicates that either had a real plan beyond traveling around.

I of course don't know this, but IMO, LE does believe a crime has been committed and have probable cause to at least get the basic digital info. When one of the Chiefs stated two left, one came back would go towards probable cause. Add in BL's non co-cooperation and refusal to say where he last saw her. The fact her life may be in danger if she was left in a remote location in WY and time is of the essence. He came home with her van and no Gabby. Lack of proof of life. That's a lot of probable cause. I have seen judges in other cases approve warrants on less than that. JMO though.
This is what I don't really understand but I guess POI simple response could be this is where I last saw her
Yes I agree.
When I play the devil's advocate, I'm trying to consider the other possibilities as told by the poi.
Also there are some cases that get turned around , so to speak.
Like Heidi Broussard's.
The friend who killed her had other friends vilify the boyfriend of Heidi's.
As it turns out, none of it was true and he's a good and responsible person and always was.
I ate crow over that case.
And I've considered donating to the crowdfunding for the children's sake.

In a separate missing child case :
If a person has a relative missing but there's strong evidence that their story is full of holes and the story keeps changing in major ways ... they may not be a victim.
And if they've victimized younger relatives and a DA is willing to press charges --that won't happen without valid proof as in photos or videos.
Again that relative(s) of the missing person is not a victim, but possibly a perpetrator.
I agree here on this, POI not talking better have some unexpected twist of the unbelievable, because body cam, facts and missing do not favor your innocence.

In Gabby's case, I'm thinking that BL may have told his family/friends something totally different than what occurred.
Who's going to check if they were thousands of miles away when it happened ?
I think the worst has come to pass, and I don't think many here will be eating any crow.
Something is terribly wrong.
Imo.

isnt this her driving it on their trip ......starting st the1:29 second to the 1:31 minute????..............

I know, I know, if I was scared of driving a particular vehicle I certainly wouldn't (a), buy that vehicle, (b), make someone else do all the heavy lifting driving said vehicle 24/7 on a cross country road trip no matter how hard my beloved swore he didn't mind doing so; but, it is what it is.

I find that very, very odd. She agreed to go into the wilderness but doesn't feel she has the skill to drive herself? Hmmm.....
squareandrabbet said:
In the police video, she says she's scared to drive it.

I know, I know, if I was scared of driving a particular vehicle I certainly wouldn't (a), buy that vehicle, (b), make someone else do all the heavy lifting driving said vehicle 24/7 on a cross country road trip no matter how hard my beloved swore he didn't mind doing so; but, it is what it is.

Don't know what to think about all we are seeing here, but one thing seems very clear, despite Brian's sketchy behavior upon returning home.

GP had ample chance of running into any unsavory character once she and Brian parted, including the guilty party in the murders of KS & CT after they left Woody's.

Is it possible GP returned to Moab, went back to Moonflower co-op, recognized KS as a possible source of help or not being completely alone (possible KS confessed she and CT had called police?) and invited GP to Woody's and to camp with them?

WHEN DID BRIAN TAKE THE VAN?
So many possible scenarios really, unless/if Brian gives us a benchmark.

LE took him to a hotel in Moab on 8-12.

Just because we've bandied about so many different scenarios that my brain is mush:

Is there any world in which he WOULDN'T know where he last saw her?

Oh, sure! In a parallel universe. One in which he was devoid of eyes, ears, a mouth and tongue. With no sense of time or direction. Also, no memory.
Other than that, nah. IMO.

His attorney needs to get him a deal. That's why.

And, for as long as LE needs him to tell them where she is, he has a chance to get it. So, let us all hope and pray that they find her without him.
If this alleged real-estate lawyer thinks he's capable of negotiating a murder immunity deal with the FBI...good luck. He's playing with the big boys now.

:)s

Uh there are two giant forest fires at those locations:

The Dixie Fire involving Lassen National Park and the Caldor Fire between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe

Those are fire reconnaisance planes mapping the fire for the CFS Incident Commands to calibrate containment and evaluate for hot spots to allocate resources to.:):):)

Move along and take a break for a while...
Hi, thanks for letting us know. We're not all up-to-date on the latest forest fires. Given that there's been much talk about Yosemite in the last hours, it's not absurd to show interest in flight activity in that area. Not really in the mood to "take a break" though.

ETA: Man, this came off WAY snarkier than intended!

Last edited:
I don't think the cases are connected at all. And, to even suggest his client could even remotely have anything to do with a double homicide.... big no-no. (my IANAL opinion, but we can disagree ;))
I don't either....think they are connected but if he can ge the narrative switched to "there's a woman killer on the loose in the SW" it helps Brian in the long run.

So...if Gabby was in Grand Teton (heading to Yellowstone per all her SM) on August 25, how does she get to Yosemite by Aug 29? While Brian has the van and is heading cross country?
I think the friend is (very) mistaken.
I think Brian didn't know where he was, either and was substituting "Yosemite" for "Yellowstone." At any rate, Gabby told Mom she was at Grand Tetons on August 25 (a day away from Yellowstone at best).

Gabby should have had the van and been with Brian at Yellowstone. That was the "plan" and the friend was supposed to meet her on Aug 29th. That's plenty of time to go from Grant Teton to Yosemite.

Until something made Gabby / Brian deviate from the plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members