Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park. Shannon Baker, a witness remembers seeing the white van at Jenny Lake on Aug. 25 around 5pm https://ksltv.com/472747/tipster-talks-about-spotting-gabby-petitos-van-in-grand-teton-national-park/amp/?__twitter_impression=true…
#GabbyPetito

[URL='https://t.co/ciYcYwhttK?amp=1']Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Family members of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito believe answers to her disappearance could be inside Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
ksltv.com[/URL]

Do we know if the Florida trip was planned in advance, or spontaneous?

Do we know if he flew into Sarasota - or Tampa - or…? Do we know if someone picked him up at the airport?

A trip like that wouldn’t be cheap - add the hotel bill for her and it adds up to some serious $$.

Looking at ticket prices, it could have been less expensive to secure the van in Utah and BOTH travel back to Florida.

So - did she stay because she didn’t want to leave the van? Or because she wasn’t invited to make the trip? Or because they needed some time apart? Or because something else happened?

And do we know where they were and what they were doing between august 12th in Moab, and the time they arrived in SLC?

Timing of this - and the murder of the 2 women - is soooooo strange…

Here's my response to that: It has been widely said that the most important thing is to 'find Gabby'. It seems that there is strong widespread belief that instrumental to accomplishing "the most important thing" is to learn what Laundrie knows. There is further belief that Laundrie is remaining silent due to a concern over legal consequences and/or self-incrimination... thereby limiting successful achievement of "the most important thing." If the obstacle (i.e. legal consequences; self-incrimination) are removed, Laundries knowledge is far more likely to be obtained... and, presumably, benefitting the "most important thing."
That only makes sense if she is found alive. Most important is that she is found alive, not just found.

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

Could LE have told the family about the BL flight back to FL? MOO
I'd say No

I don't think the couple had the money for an airline ticket. At that point she was buying ramen noodles and a piece of fruit at the 7-11 store. The cheapest OW ticket might have been ~$65 then but the RT was ~$270.

Most likely his parents paid for that.

I don't see him asking her parents for the funds

AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Knowing what we know now about the police incident - was there really a hike on the 12th? if so, when?
Hi @oviedo. I posted this back on thread 3, maybe this would explain it? I believe the Arches hike was taken on the 9th, not the 12th.
I just noticed that on Gabby's instagram, the two posts she has from Arches/Delicate Arch were posted on the 12th of August. However, in both of the posts, she references the hike taking place on a Monday morning, 7am she says. The 12th wasn't a Monday, the 9th was. So, that would move the timeline posted here of when they were first in Arches, if that is correct.

that's good stuff right there, clearly a search pattern.
Highly unlikely this is a search for Gabby. 7079F and 475RC are both Cessna 404's owned by an aerial photography firm. That airplane is really too fast to fly a low-altitude search grid. The other craft 274TH is a helicopter used in logging operations (lifting) That would be an extremely expensive craft to hire privately for a search and it's NOT a service they offer. That craft is essentially the civilian version of the military Blackhawk helicopter. (airplane owner info is available through faa.gov, from there you can easily find out more about the owner/operator with Google).

Should we add the Snapchat to the friend and missed birthday call?
I have this:
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

Was the missed birthday Aug 29? Also, on that snapchat - I've wondered if it was a picture of gabby or just a message via SnapChat - that could also provide information about her last known whereabouts- Snapchat has location if it was turned on.

FBI can't make GP's family not discuss the relationship - but has asked them not to. FBI may not have made the same request to BL's sister or she may just not be complying.

I wonder about the reason. Are they worried about BL's mental state?

Purely hypothetical but GP could have potentially told her mother about this cool hippie couple they met camping/bar/Moonflower, who gave her the friendly advice to get away from a guy they recognised as a creepy manipulator, to take her van and get on her merry way, and for him to just fly home to Florida and sort his head out, rather than hampering GP’s journey and dreams.

Similarly, the two women’s friends and/or the press could have been asked not to say any more about a potential POI/suspect in an active double murder investigation than the absolute bare bones of “creepy guy camped nearby”.

Didn’t he drive the van back to Florida without her? Isn’t the van hers? Why hasn’t he been arrested for grand theft auto yet?

See my discussion with @NuttMegg at post #360 for a detailed explanation.

The TLDR is that LE doesn't know whether GP allowed JL to drive the vehicle home, nor can they determine whether JL wanted to permanently dispossess her of the vehicle.

Well, according to the officer, she was the one who would have gone to jail in this instance. Laundrie offered to go in her stead. I know, I know, just his diabolical way of controlling the situation.

I don't know anything about the amazing ability abusers have. I only know what's in front of my eyes.

To use your words…..”what’s in front of my eyes”. Well what’s in front of all of our eyes is he drove home…..across the country without her. I’m 10 years older than the couple but I couldn’t do that. I don’t have it in me. Even if he’s completely innocent….not an abuser….to leave her out there….or leave whatever situation it was(say for example he witnessed an abduction). I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t have done it when I was his age. I’ve read too many things even in high school about rapes, abductions, people lost in the wild, etc. It wouldn’t matter how “mad” or “done” I was with her or the situation. I couldn’t leave another human being that I once had romantic feelings for out there to fend for themselves without knowing they were ok. It would eat me alive knowing what possibilities are out there. Even if he knows she’s deceased. I couldn’t leave a body out there…..knowing the family doesn’t know…..that they couldn’t have closure….burry the body etc. So yes….looking at whats in front of my eyes. How BL lives with himself is beyond me. Flat out.

one of the things i keep seeing is people saying he cops should have arrested her that day and she would still be ok now, i dont understand why they even think that way, idt was just a misdemeanor, she would have gotten out the next day and they would have continued on their journey, this stop happened 2 weeks before her Mother last facetimed her so i dont see where it would have stopped anything

I asked myself the same thing. However, if they did go forward with arresting her, maybe she would have had the chance to call one of her parents. Maybe they did not know about the altercation with the cops? Does anyone know or have proof that when she was actually in the back of the cop car she was texting one of her parents? I know we saw her state she was doing so in the body came footage but she could of been texting anybody. My point is, it may not have stopped anything by the cops arresting her but it very well could of made even just a small difference.

@eddy

Regarding your comment in the last thread that read:

"Brian appeared genuinely concerned about Gabby. He did not want her to be arrested. He offered to go to jail in her stead. He indicated that Gabby gets upset on occasion and he attempts to take some space for things to calm down. I got the impression he was accepting of her mental health struggles, whatever they may be....
[...........] ...As a mental health professional, I wondered if Gabby had some borderline personality traits (frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment - for one). Perhaps Gabby behaves like that with Brian when she is stressed. Perhaps he often recommends taking space which could furtherer trigger someone with borderline traits. Maybe she always freaks a bit and tries to grab Brian or just touches him somehow..."
[.......] End quote.

He may have offered to go to jail for her because he didn't want her in the hands of authorities, out of his control. Maybe in his mind, he can still control her from jail, because she'd be out there alone.

When he says she gets upset and he walks away to get space, he may be trying to make himself look like a reasonable and good guy and victim of some emotional, reactive person.

IMO, the idea that she may be borderline because she exhibited a frantic fear of abandonment is extreme. He did attempt to take the van and threatened to leave her.

If she's a victim of abuse, she may be totally dependent on him, believing she's too incompetent and weak be without him.

Taking all that into consideration, I think she'd have good reason to fear being abandoned.

Her going to jail would be much worse than what? She did not return home.

Gabby seems to have disappeared about 2 weeks later. She did not disappear on Aug. 12th or 13th.

While this situation is a brief window into the stresses that the couple were under, it could have absolutely ZERO to do with the final outcome (whatever that may be). We just have to wait and see.

Of course, the cops didn't see the initial event - but there was a witness that did. And the account he gave to the police matched what Gabby told the police. She slapped him repeatedly. He held her back by putting his hand in front of her face. He suggested that they both take a walk to cool down. She followed him. He got into the van to get away from her. She dove in through the driver's side door and crawled over him to get to the passenger seat. At one point, she started hitting him with her phone. She said it was all because of her anxiety that he was going to leave her there - and I believe her.

I was specifically responding to a post by annwn about why this wasn't included in the police
report, I'm not questioning what happened.

Please read this article. A witness reported seeing them hit each other.
‘You never know what you’ve got in a photo’: Witnesses sought in Gabby Petito disappearance case | WFLA

On Thursday, police in Moab, Utah, released body camera video showing officers pull over their van at Arches National Park after a witness reported seeing them arguing and hitting each other.
https://mobile.twitter.com/fox13news/status/1438866332309721091
In response to the article’s statement above (not to any WS member):

IF we base it solely on the police report and body camera footage, it was concluded as Gabby being the aggressor (for THIS sole incident).
The police report includes the witness’s statement stating, he was not entirely sure what he had seen.

Abuse is wrong to say the least…whether it’s the male or female identified as the aggressor. IMO. We honestly don’t know what other incidents similar to this one has happened (if any).
And regardless of who was in the wrong, it boils down to the fact that Gabby is missing and needs to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member