Found Deceased SC - Adam Clark Harvey, 23, last seen near Mt Carmel Rd, Abbeville, 11 Sep 2021 *Reward*

mlhenn

Reaction score
ACSO: Deputies searching for a missing person last seen in Abbeville

The Abbeville County Sheriff's Office said they're searching for 23-year-old Adam Clark Harvey, who was last seen in Abbeville on Saturday.

Deputies said someone last saw Harvey near Mt. Carmel Road at around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. He was wearing a black shirt and black jeans, according to deputies.

If you have seen him or have any information, you are asked to call the Abbeville County Sheriff's Office at 864-446-6000.

Abbeville County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

241803192_367128354871950_4167130476995161673_n.jpg

I’m from Upstate SC and there is a lot of rural area around here, especially in Abbeville County. Not sure if he lives near Lake Secession or not.
Edit: I read in an FB group they are searching in the Hwy 72 & Hwy 823 area.
This looks more like a wooded area.

Still missing. The index journal is out of nearby Greenwood SC. This article offers more information.
Searchers comb hundreds of acres for Adam Harvey

From the article quoted above:
Harvey, 23, was last seen Saturday afternoon. Abbeville County Sheriff Ray Watson said officers have him on video with a relative at noon Saturday at a store, but later in the day he ran.

Officers have been searching tirelessly, with the help of more than 200 volunteers since Saturday, Watson said.

Officers began their search around his home soon after he was reported missing, but the call about his disappearance came in several hours after he left home.

A State Law Enforcement Division plane has flown over the area at night with thermal cameras to try and find a sign of Harvey, but so far officers haven’t had any luck finding trace of him.

Watson said he’s trying to narrow the area officers are looking in, but the woods around Harvey’s home are expansive.

I don't get it, they searched for him prior to him being reported missing?
It sounds like last confirmed (by video sighting) of Adam was at the store prior to returning home, where he ran off. There is a lot of rural wooded area around there. Also we do have black bear sightings locally. I hope they find him soon.

23 year old Adam Harvey is still Missing from his Abbeville SC home. The below picture was from the Abbeville Dollar General Store where he was shopping before he disappeared.

Attachments

• 80EC74E0-63F2-4F81-B09A-F9862FEA78A2.jpeg
    80EC74E0-63F2-4F81-B09A-F9862FEA78A2.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 73
“Watson said deputies have had two calls from people reporting hearing cries for help from the woods in the area, but when officers arrived they couldn’t hear it anymore.”

It’s been 6 days now since Adam went missing. This just breaks my heart. I have an adult daughter with cognitive disabilities and I would be terrified if she just disappeared. I read in the article below they have many searchers looking for Adam. I hope they find him soon

Searchers comb hundreds of acres for Adam Harvey

Lots of comments in the Abbeville SC Community FB group. According to the news reports Adam walked off after a trip to a local store with hus grandmother.
It sounds like dogs and drones have been used in the search and folks are searching the woods. There has been no reported sign of Adam. We have a couple of days of rain moving in. He might be hiding in a hunting camp or an unoccupied building. He could be afraid or think he is in trouble.
I hope there is some sign of Adam’s whereabouts soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back