Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still probably be giving him the benefit of the doubt even with this deafening silence from him, but he has made a big mistake which, imo, implicates him, by impersonating her in a message to her parents which her mother is sure wasn't her.

Was she seen on video near the back seat of the police car to verify yes or no that Gabby was speaking with her parents? That's the part I didn't see.
yes she was, park ranger/officer......either way the female ranger said she was on he phone with her mother and then later on the male ranger opened the door o ask her somehing and then said, ill let you get back to your mother!

• Did anyone ever consider BL didn’t drive back alone?
    Did any of BL family taken a trip to Utah in end of august?

Interesting point, this is why we need BL to talk. Maybe they decided to end their trip and something happened on the way back to FL.
Which have others have said is a needle in a haystack.

Side note...three days I have been continually reading these threads I cannot catch up. So fast.

Also the amount of WS who have been in abusive relationships breaks my heart. So many, me included.

Some humans are...:eek::mad:

ETA MMO

A question that has been flipping around in my head … when he flew to Florida to move her things, why would he return, why not just stay there? Why go back at all? (Just my own opinion and speculation)

So here's the thing with this part - I have read that BL flew home to move stuff OUT of a storage unit and INTO his parents' house, to save money. As in, he and GP put their stuff in storage because they were going to be gone for months, and then BL's parents said they could just keep it at the house.

I also have read that BL flew back to move GP's stuff INTO storage because they broke up, but then they reconciled and he returned to Utah or wherever she was at the time.

If the first story is the factual one, it's weird to spend $$$ on a plane ticket to save a few months' storage fees. And yeah, if it's the second, why not loop in GP's father and ask if she can move her stuff to his house.

Don't know, and no one's talking who could straighten out these stories.

Gabby's father said that he ordered Domino's pizza for his daughter because she was having connection issues to order food. He said they face timed and he helped her with some technical issus she was having with her social media site Nomadic Statik (I think that is what it is called). He said that no red flags stood out for him during the face time with Gabby.

It sounds like she was busy organizing her social media pages while at the hotel and the father said that he routinely helped out with food, money that Gabby might need, although she didn't ask him for it, he just wanted to help out.

I am sure they interviewed the Domino pizza delivery person to find out who answered the hotel room door when the pizza arrived, and if they saw anyone else there besides Gabby. The father said he didn't use uber eats, he just used the Domino app that he has on his phone and sent the pizza locally to his daughter.

From the podcast by Nancy Grace "Van-Life Girl's "Boyfriend" Named Person of Interest" where she interviews Joseph Petito, Gabby's father.
I just find this whole ordering food thing interesting. For a woman who is, on the one hand, an aspiring YT'er/VanLifer living the utmost of independent lives yet on the other hand, getting food ordered by her dad thousands of miles away .... I can only imagine - and this is totally MO - that there is a huge conflict with her. She wants the independent adult life, yet has many fears about it. Bless her heart, she must have been really struggling lately.

Sorry if this is repetitive. KSL NewsRadio posted their (possible) itinerary based on GP's usage of The Dyrt app.
Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito

Based on her use of the app, and her friend's statement that they were going to meet in Yellowstone on the 30th, its clear they were planning to go there. Whether they made it that far is unclear.

With the FBI involved, I assume they are checking NP web cam recordings for the vehicle. The North GTNP and South Yellowstone entrances do not appear to have cameras - but the West Yellowstone entrance does. There are other web cams in both parks though I'm not sure if roads/vehicles are viewable on them.

One thing that has to keep in everyone mind, he had to leave utah/yellowstone by aug 24th/25th.
Odgen utah to north port florida is 2,400ish miles. A professional driver would take 4 days to complete that task. He could not speed, unless he was pulled over, and he could not drive while tired, unless he would get pulled over.

So. 2,400 miles is like 35 straight hours of driving.
Professional drivers have a limited number of hours they can drive in a day whether they are tired or not. Many people can drive 14 hours in a day (me included) without a problem. He easily could have done it in two and a half days meaning he could have left days later than you are saying he had to leave. JMO

*edited for typo*

I think that most people that travel to Jackson don't go that way. I have once over twenty years ago. But it is long and slow, traveling on one lane highways through small towns. The way that I travel there is to drive to Idaho Falls and then exit the highway towards Rexburg and then head east to Driggs from Rexburg. There is a mountain pass you can drive that takes you to Jackson with passing lanes and a pullout at the top of the pass where have a great view of the valley below. I would say that more people go that way then the route you have. Unless you know that is the way they went.

Those of us who take road trips tend to not take well-traveled roads.

Missing Gabby Petito: Expert defense attorney says she 'wouldn't be surprised if there's an arrest' of fiancé

"I can see why criminal defense lawyer would say, you know what, you can't. You got to stay in the background: Don't talk," said Lara Yeretsia, a leading West Coast-based defense attorney. "but I can also see why it's so difficult in this situation, how horrific it is and what the impact is, because he's the last person who saw her."

Yeretsia said she would not be surprised to see an arrest in the case.

By now, wouldn’t LE at least have the pings from her cell phone? They should know the location of the last text she sent her mom. Did it ping from Yellowstone/Yosemite? The fact that they have only called him a poi makes me think they know the text came from the area she claimed she was in and I suspect they might know he wasn’t the last one to see her alive.
My thoughts exactly, I think they know more than has been disclosed until they pull all the evidence together

Abusers don't show their abuse to everyone. In fact, to others it's often a carefully crafted image put on so people get the exact perception that you have gotten of BL. You have to look below the surface and often what they are focused on gives you immediate clues.

The fact that he DIDN'T come out of the van cussing a streak is because what he said happened (If I'd been hit in the face with a cell phone, had my arm punched while I was driving and the steering wheel grabbed causing me to hit the curb,) - Didn't happen.
Your reaction is a MUCH more normal reaction had that been what happened.

BL calmly focusing on her not liking the flies or sand and dirt is absurd. It's not a proportionate reaction to what he is reporting that she did to him. It immediately places him in the victims spot and her in the "unreasonable" role. It's careful crafting of a narrative that makes them come out looking like the good guy and her the crazy one.

Also the things he says she gets upset about are all “nature”, as in “How dare she get pissed off over the realness of earth”, if that makes sense?!

Like, I can see him building up a pattern of people he met along their trip who didn’t fit his typical “story book” idealised view of “hippies”, and ended up deciding that GP was “one of them”, not a “real” (in his mind,) yoga-and-no-technology “eco nomad”.

Gabby Petito's childhood friend said the missing 22-year-old wouldn't have run off on her own and worries something 'devilish' happened to her

Gabby Petito's childhood friend said the missing 22-year-old wouldn't have run off on her own and worries something 'devilish' happened to her

"The meltdown seen on Moab City Police Department bodycam from August 12 didn't match that description, though. Passannante said she thinks Petito's mental health is "getting blown out of proportion," specifically that it is being called a "mental health" breakdown.

"It was a fight," Passannante said. "She mentioned OCD ... just because she was getting stressed out and little things were bothering her, which was getting her worked up. I don't think that's a normal, everyday thing. I think that was her explanation for why she was upset at the time and for why the fight started, but I think she was so upset in that video because she was in a fight with her boyfriend."

"I don't think her mental health was much different from anyone else our age. I mean, we all have a fair amount of anxiety," she added."

snip

"She said the couple was still engaged as they embarked on their road trip out West and, unless they called off the wedding within the first week of their travels, she didn't know why Petito's mom, Nichole Schmidt, said the pair was no longer engaged. Passannante said the wedding date was pushed back to accommodate their travel schedule, though.

According to Passannante, the couple had two more planned stops left on their trip at the time of Petito's disappearance. She speculated they would have been back home in Florida by now."

I just find this whole ordering food thing interesting. For a woman who is, on the one hand, an aspiring YT'er/VanLifer living the utmost of independent lives yet on the other hand, getting food ordered by her dad thousands of miles away .... I can only imagine - and this is totally MO - that there is a huge conflict with her. She wants the independent adult life, yet has many fears about it. Bless her heart, she must have been really struggling lately.
i dont know if im a softy or if other just find that strange behavior but i do this myself at times and see no problem with it..

Regarding the report being redacted, maybe that is more for BL and his lawyers than it is anything else.

Could it be because she is now missing out of Teton County, WY rather than FL?
Gabby Petito’s father responds to comment from Brian Laundrie’s sister | WFLA

“Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s sister, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in a clip. “She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.”

I find this to be a very dismissive statement, and, despite the words, not kind at all.

I think the L family has really distanced themselves from her

i dont know if im a softy or if other just find that strange behavior but i do this myself at times and see no problem with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea