Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read everything yet, unfortunately, but has anyone posted that she could be in a psychiatric inpatient facility in the area?

Whether she was IVC'd or admitted voluntarily, it would be HIPAA protected and not disclosable unless she authorized it to be disclosed.

JMO.
In this case, if she was in any kind of facility, that would be reported to the FBI.

And it would be reported she was found and the search stopped. No other details.

Last edited:
Where did he get $200? How was he so clean after hiking/camping for days with just a tarp? Why did he freak out about going to Jackson Hole when that's where he was paying someone $200 to take him there? Why did he go the opposite way of where Gabby was? Why would he leave Gabby in an unregulated campsite for days in the van? How much work could she do on the website without any internet?

Agreed. But mainly I can't comprehend the timeline here. On the 29th he didn't have the van, as he was hitchhiking, but he eventually had the van and was able to get home to Florida two days later? Also so flush that he offered $200 for a ten-minute ride?

The woman who reported this strikes me as credible, but it's possible she was mistaken in her identification of him as BL.

I was really confused about why he freaked out and wanted out when she mentioned Jackson Hole as opposed to Jackson since they are commonly both used to refer to the same place. But then I had a thought of maybe there is another Jackson, and there is, in Idaho, right near the Snake River, which she also talks about. Maybe that's where he wanted to go?
This needs to be repeated...re: Jackson/Jackson Hole.
Likely a very good explanation.

wow, the new video of the couple picking up BL and traveling south with him sheds new light but I dont know how it helps? Maybe he did think they were headed 200 miles south to Jackson ID, and panicked when she said JH instead. so was he trying to get as far south as possible? did she kick him out of the van? doesnt make sense if she doesnt like to drive it, then again this is a whole crazy timeline to follow. JMO
I hope she is found alive.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Just reposting the link because the thread is moving so fast!

Well, that is a whopper!

If that is all true and we believe what BL told the people who picked him up that he was camping for several days alone, that means the last sighting of them together could have possibly been the 8/26, maybe 8/27. Did something happen to her, and BL took off to appear to alibi himself? I am more curious now what the text Gabby's mother received on the 27th said. If BL did send the texts on the 27th and the 30th, that does not give him much time to arrive back to Florida; he would have had to drive straight through and even then wouldn't have arrived until way late on 9/1.

All in all, I am glad so many people are coming forward with information and tips; it is helping even more to firm up the timelines.

I just wanted to say to parents:
I am a mom to an almost 18 year old girl. My only child.
Since she was young, I put her in a martial arts/self defense class. She is still in Krav Maga and is a black belt. Krav Maga is Israeli Self Defense. It is what the IDF is trained in. She has not only learned self defense using her body, but weapons training with knifes, fake guns and escrima sticks/fighting sticks and other random objects a person could find laying around. She has learned how to fight off someone pulling her long hair. And all kinds of real life situations that could occur. She has learned to fight off adult men. She is only 5.3/110 pounds. She also learns how to use a gun for when she can legally own one.

Please, if you have kids under 18 - put them in some form of self defense/martial arts. Not just karate as an offense fun thing. SELF DEFENSE. And make sure they learn to train in using weapons (it does not have to be guns if you are against them).

We just never can predict what other people are going to do - strangers and people we know. Our first line of defense, is ourselves.

Situations like Gabby is in......I fear for my daughter...and is why I put her in these classes start at age 6.

VERY good advice. Thank you. Women should also be trained to recognize the signs of a mental/emotional abuser and what to do in that situation too. Often women who are victims in these situations just don't know what to do and get frustrated because they are being gaslighted.
Women need more training in this world. This is not a world where it's safe to travel around with a man without being equipped with self defense knowledge, including mental self defense. IMO

It does upset me to see that people still think Gabby was seriously mentally ill in some way. There is NO evidence of that. Anxiety is a daily condition millions of people live with without medication. America is an over-medicated society IMHO and take pills for every little thing when it's not necessarily necessary. IMO even general anxiety and panic attacks can be controlled with a variety of methods (I speak from personal experience).There are things people can do to teach themselves how to deal with it without taking pills. In fact, if you go to a psychologist that is their preferred method. (again my personal experience). Being in a volatile relationship would blow all coping mechanisms to h*** especially when the boyfriend seems to take some enjoyment from irritating her and making things worse as BL has shown in his LE convo.

Bottom line: We just have no evidence that Gabby has or had a diagnosed mental condition. I think it's a red herring to think she's in a facility somewhere.

Two things....

1) HUGE kudos to the admins for staying on top of the "Gabby threads"! You are all amazing!

2) Stray thoughts....
-BL's sister told GMA that she has not been able to talk to BL since he returned. Could BL have voluntarily committed himself to keep himself "out of reach"? Could his parents have had committed him to a MH facility to keep him out of reach?
SBM​
IIRC that's exactly what Hacking did so he wouldn't have to talk to LE after murdering Lori. Then his brother(s) came to talk him into dealing with it.

-BL's sister told GMA that she has not been able to talk to BL since he returned. Could BL have voluntarily committed himself to keep himself "out of reach"? Could his parents have had committed him to a MH facility to keep him out of reach?
- Could someone (not GP or BL) have taken a plane from Florida to to "help" BL return home with the van? Perhaps a shared driving/sleeping schedule to allow for a straight-thru trip?

Just some thoughts running through my muddled brain....can't stop thinking about Gabby and her parents.....​
I’ve been thinking the same thing. During the presser, LE said they knew where BL was, but would not comment on whether he was home. Since it was days between the time he arrived home, and LE showed up at their door, it’s plausible they could have packed him up and placed him somewhere before anyone even noticed his movements. It could also give the defense an “insanity” option, should they need it.

First time poster here. I am heartbroken for the Petito family and pray there is some way in which Gabby returns home safely as unlikely as it's starting to seem but prayers can work miracles. I've been surprised since the beginning why her mom or dad did not call LE sooner than Sept. 11 if the last they heard from her was supposedly Aug. 30 (if indeed that was her text which sounds debatable)? That seems like a long time for a 22 year old daughter who was in fairly frequent touch with them every few days. I am keeping in close touch with my son that age and praying for them every day. BL is unconscionable and if I were the family I would get hundreds of people on that front lawn every day protesting with every fiber of my being and demanding info.
Also, I remember only too well being a 22 year old female and GP's behavior fits perfectly with how I and many of my friends felt and reacted to life's romantic challenges and struggles at that age. Nothing abnormal there, IMHO.

Agreed. But mainly I can't comprehend the timeline here. On the 29th he didn't have the van, as he was hitchhiking, but he eventually had the van and was able to get home to Florida two days later? Also so flush that he offered $200 for a ten-minute ride?

The woman who reported this strikes me as credible, but it's possible she was mistaken in her identification of him as BL.

Yeah but whoever she picked up said that his fiancee was back at the van working on her social media site. That would be a big coincidence if it were mistaken identity. Fwiw I think she's credible. It's just everything is even more weird.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Well, that is a whopper!

If that is all true and we believe what BL told the people who picked him up that he was camping for several days alone, that means the last sighting of them together could have possibly been the 8/26, maybe 8/27. Did something happen to her, and BL took off to appear to alibi himself? I am more curious now what the text Gabby's mother received on the 27th said. If BL did send the texts on the 27th and the 30th, that does not give him much time to arrive back to Florida; he would have had to drive straight through and even then wouldn't have arrived until way late on 9/1.

All in all, I am glad so many people are coming forward with information and tips; it is helping even more to firm up the timelines.

If the account of events is accurate, I wonder if he called Gabby his wife?
The video in the article where she is pointing to maps and shows the text on the 29th to her mom, it says "Not dead He had to go back to his wife"

Well, that is a whopper!

I think he's trying to set up a story in which he got back to the van after camping by himself for a few days, and finds her missing, or finds her murdered. What I don't know is what happened to thwart that plan.

This is now posted in MSM, so I believe I can mention here. A TikTok user claims she and her boyfriend picked Brian up at 5:30pm on August 29th at Colter Bay in GTNP and dropped him off around 6:09pm at Jackson Lake Dam. He claims he had been camping/hiking at Snake River for the past few days and that his fiancee was back at the van working on their social media site. She has reported this info to LE.
Possibly trying to create an alibi?

Something else that has bothered me about the police can video-

Their campsite that night was planned to be in Arches- Gabby wasn’t comfortable driving the van.

The only campsite in Arches is *17 miles* into the park with no cell service. Would she have been comfortable driving 17 miles into the park when she was concerned about Brian’s hotel room being across Moab from her, which is not a very big town?

So it’s probably safe to assume she didn’t stay at the campsite in Arches that night.
Well yeah - because we are looking at BL and thinking, is he doing x or is he doing y? We don't know, only he knows.

ive listened to this multible times and it makes no sense to me, this lady says the picked Brian up cause he wanted a ride to Jackson, then later wher they told him they were going to jackson he suddenly wanted back out....and now my head hurts

I can answer this!

He might have meant Jackson Dam.

Tourists get the different “Jackson” references confused all the time in that area.

I don’t think he freaked out about going to Jackson Hole.

I think he freaked out because he saw the van parked at Jackson Dam.

Regarding driving that distance alone, I've done it myself several times. The older I get though, I break the trip over a couple days but 23 year old me has definitely driven that distance from out West all the way to Florida and New York, multiple, separate times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member