Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, if she was in any kind of facility, that would be reported to the FBI.

And it would be reported she was found and the search stopped. No other details.

Only if she authorized the facility to disclose her whereabouts. And that would be presuming that she was in a state of mind to do so.

I am not saying that this is the most likely scenario, but it is certainly plausible. And it would be the best case scenario too, because the alternative is ghastly.

JMO.

The thing that throws me off with the TikTok girl is the screenshot of the text she sent to her mother… it said the guy they picked up went back to his wife. But in the TikTok’s she made it clear Brian referred to his SO (Gabby) as his fiancé. Her story in general sounds solid so I don’t think she’s lying about picking someone up I’m just not sure I believe that the person was ever Brian.
Maybe just easier to type "wife" and it wasn't significant in the context of her conversation with her mother that it was a wife versus girlfriend versus fiance?

I think he and Gabby went on a hike from Jackson Dam.

Something happened to Gabby on that hike.

He gets back to the road, says he wants to go to “Jackson” because he thinks Jackson Dam is referred to as “Jackson” (or some variation of that).

Gets a lift, realizes as they are driving by the van that he needs to be at Jackson Dam, not Jackson Hole.

Gets in the van at Jackson Dam and splits.

The “my fiancé is working on social media in Jackson” line was just a line to create an alibi. He wasn’t hiking for days.

According to this TikToker BL was wanting to go north. From Colter Bay Village? Was that where GP was with the van? I can understand the confusion in the towns as an outsider. I’d not know Jackson and Jackson Hole were often one and the same. It’s a little confusing.

I believe the girl’s story. Seems credible enough. But according to her timeline it took them 39 minutes to drive a little less than 8 miles. Is that typical?
AA145520-E122-40BC-9B3F-33AD233EA27A.jpeg

That’s a tight timeline relative to when he made it back to Florida. He would have had just a short amount of time, considering the amount of time needed for the trip, between when the couple dropped him off at the Dam and when he made it to FL. He obviously made it back to the van (and presumably Gabby) somehow. He’d almost immediately need to be on the road to make it back by the 1st.

More questions.

ETA: For him to have offered $200 for a few mile ride, he must have really wanted to get to “Jackson”. Quickly.

If the TikTok story is credible I wonder if Gabby never picked Brian up from the airport upon his return. Perhaps he was hiking / hitchhiking his way back to wherever Gabby told him she last was. Just an opinion…

My fraud detecting analysis.....this young lady is absolutely telling the truth. I also give her so much credit for contacting officials and she has an excellent eye for details.

Unlike everybody here apparently, I see a young man who is slow to anger, who tries to appease his girlfriend as much as he can and who dismisses the significance of her attacks on him. In her I see a young woman who minimizes her own wrongful actions while possibly exaggerating the forcefulness he used in pushing her away. This isn't what I expected.

The good news for me is that I won't be surprised if she's found alive.

If what you say is the case, then why didn’t he leave for Florida sooner to get away from her? He’d already gone to Fl and come back-why bother coming back at all if he was unhappy with the situation? And why did he leave with the van? If he knows he left her out west alive, then he knows he left her with no way to get…well, anywhere. She has no vehicle, appears to no longer have a phone, and likely has no money. And nobody’s seen her since. I don’t care one bit if he appears to be slow to anger, if it also appears that he is slow to explain why he came back to Florida without her. I wonder if he is actually passive aggressive, and a button-pusher? Seriously, if he wasn’t living his dream and did just leave her, healthy and well out west, there would be an explanation-I hope she is alive, but I really doubt it, because of how BL is comporting himself.

This is

Great post on DNA off the water bottle, this is forward thinking, I did not think of that but very possible if he is that calculated. His music and website is out there so maybe.

Yes when on a news link source it said a cashier said they bought donuts, instant noodles & bottles of water.

This is the link where it states about the bottles of water.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

But he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, at all and refused. Which I mentioned in my observations about the body-cam footage that it was really strange considering they was on their way apparently to get water and he needed shade because he was hot.

I can answer this!

He might have meant Jackson Dam.

Tourists get the different “Jackson” references confused all the time in that area.

I don’t think he freaked out about going to Jackson Hole.

I think he freaked out because he saw the van parked at Jackson Dam.

This is on the top of my possibilities list. They are wild camping in the area, get into another fight and she takes off with the van. He has only the stuff he had outside the van. Maybe he waits a while for her to come back or maybe he just starts hiking out thinking they are through. He asks for a ride to Jackson (whatever Jackson you want to imagine), but then he sees the van in that parking lot and gets excited and wants out. It just happens to be the same time the tik toker is saying they are going to Jackson Hole so she misunderstands his agitation.

He confronts her at the van. They drive off and now we are back where we were, where is GP? Or maybe he still had a set of keys and and just took the van without even knowing where she was. Being the *advertiser censored* he appears to be he goes home with the "Eff her" attitude. Then when the mom starts calling wanting to know where she is he knows he has screwed up and clams up.

Regarding the interaction between LE and BL...when they are driving to the hotel I find it odd that the conversation has nothing to do with the situation, except to note that the LE's wife also has 'anxiety' and needs medicines and a hot shower .

I'm guessing his wife is in an emotionally and physically safe situation versus GP who is in crisis. I think BL was nervous beyond nervous so attributing all of this to problem to being GP's anxiety takes any focus on her being in an abusive relationship. Again, as someone mentioned the whole 'water' thing is weird in that he doesn't like plastic, but needs to sit in a shaded area as he is so hot. Why not drink the water? ??????

Is there something that could possibly be linked to a previous crime that DNA from him and a water bottle would point to? No one's stance on plastic bottles would prevent them from drinking a poland spring 8oz in the heat. I think he was avoiding LE getting any DNA by using an enviromental/green stance. It just keeps knawing at me...
Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO

OR - he's in a psych facility himself, which would be why LE knows where he is but can't access him. It's certainly happened before: the perpetrator can't cope with what they've done, goes into a facility - and, if we're lucky, talks when they come out.

He had told cops during the altercation interview that he didn't have money for a hotel room so they found him a free one.

Then suddenly he's apart from Gabby for days and he has $200 cash? For a short car ride? He's panicking at this point. Why is he panicked?

SBM

Well she says he offered $200. Don't know if he actually had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member