Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Just a thought, a couple reported seeing the van parked at Jenny Lake, then this couple reports picking up a hitchhiker possible BL on their way south to Jackson Hole; was he trying to get back to the van parked at Jenny Lake?
really hard to figure out
imo

A few thoughts on the tiktok video/situation:
-I’m thinking that he was offering the $200 since he assumed it was Jackson ID not Jackson Hole.
-While he didn’t have $ on the 12th, maybe he did after going hole to FL & retiring on the 23rd?
-We all know that Gabby would not stay days in the van wo him. There’s no way that she was “back at the van” doing anything alone if she was unharmed.
-Maybe something happened and his first thought was to leave her at the van (or he ditched her at the time) and head to ID towards a certain location(bus terminal? Major store?) but that plan becomes too much work so he goes back.

I honestly feel like this is a long shot, seems odd to me. Not that I think she’s lying, I just think maybe it’s an extreme coincidence.

Oh my gosh, there's some old dude with a bullhorn hollering at the house now. The neighbors don't deserve this.
A protestor is in front of the Laundrie home with a bullhorn demanding Brian speaks to police about where #GabriellePetito might be #FindGabby
View attachment 313008
https://twitter.com/evanaxelbank/status/1438973312298799105?s=21

He isn't a neighbor. I think he said he lives just north of there (if I heard that correctly)

IMO either the well-meaning woman from Tik Tok is incorrect that it was BL who was hitchhiking, OR it was him and he's lying.
For one thing, if he said he and his fiancée were camping at an unregulated campground on a river, but she was back at the van working on social media, wouldn't she need the wifi to do that? As they did before by spending hours at a coffee shop? Where is she getting wifi "in a van down by the river.”

Separately, regarding the speculation that Gabby may have checked herself into a medical facility but HIPPA prevents them from releasing her identity, I don’t agree. LE has to be informed if she matches a missing person case, just no private medical info is available to them. Also, I would think most facilities would ask the patient for an emergency contact number?

According to this TikToker BL was wanting to go north. From Colter Bay Village? Was that where GP was with the van? I can understand the confusion in the towns as an outsider. I’d not know Jackson and Jackson Hole were often one and the same. It’s a little confusing.

I believe the girl’s story. Seems credible enough. But according to her timeline it took them 39 minutes to drive a little less than 8 miles. Is that typical?
View attachment 313006

That’s a tight timeline relative to when he made it back to Florida. He would have had just a short amount of time, considering the amount of time needed for the trip, between when the couple dropped him off at the Dam and when he made it to FL. He obviously made it back to the van (and presumably Gabby) somehow. He’d almost immediately need to be on the road to make it back by the 1st.

More questions.

ETA: For him to have offered $200 for a few mile ride, he must have really wanted to get to “Jackson”. Quickly.

I wonder where the van was at that time? If he was hitching to get to Jackson, and he eventually linked up with the van, how did he get to his hiking spot to begin with? Did GB drop him off? Was she already dead at the hiking spot and he came back to hide the body better--but didn't want the van spotted in that location?

Not sure if this has been posted 6pm est

Live Updates: Police to Give Press Conference on Gabby Petito's Case from Grand Teton

Police will hold a press conference from Grand Teton Friday evening to give an update on the Gabby Petito case.

Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, leading park authorities and the FBI to conduct searches in parts of the park over the past couple days.

Live Updates: Police to give press conference on Gabby Petito's case from Grand Teton

#breaking: We are awaiting a press conference from Grand Teton regarding the #GabbyPetito case at 6pm. Stay tuned to @CBS12 for the latest developments.

https://twitter.com/StefanyCBS12/status/1438960238825254913

Last edited:
Looking at the weather for Colter Bay (and having camped in the park several times) it was low to mid 30's at night. That is not "sleep on a tarp" kinda temps.

Attachments

• Jackson-WY-Weather-Calendar-Weather-Underground.png
    Jackson-WY-Weather-Calendar-Weather-Underground.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 2
If she checked herself into a private facility, they would not have just let her settle in without either health insurance information or a large chunk of cash upfront (or proof that there was a large chunk of cash available). Likely, both of these would have required a call to her parents. A public facility would also want the health insurance information or proof that she was indigent and eligible for medicaid beyond an immediate emergency-room crisis. MOO, it is extremely far-fetched to think that she is in a mental facility and has been for a few weeks without her family knowing about it.

She is an adult. No parental notification is required. If she had dissociated somehow and didn't have her personal belongings on her, they would not be able to retrieve insurance information and the like.

Again, I just hope this is the case or similar. The alternative would mean that she is deceased and he is evil. I don't want either of those to be true.

ok Just a thought, a couple reported seeing the van parked at Jenny Lake, then this couple reports picking up a hitchhiker possible BL on their way south to Jackson Hole; was he trying to get back to the van parked at Jenny Lake?
really hard to figure out
imo
Thank you! I knew I’d seen that name somewhere before (Jenny Lake)…I couldn’t find a source in all this confusion!

ETA: found it
Gabby Petito's van seen at Wyoming's Jenny Lake on Aug 25, police searching area

Last edited:
That may very well be the neighbors.
No, Brian asked him if he lives in North Port and the guy said no, he lives "a little bit north," which I assume means he lives in Venice. I hope he knocks it off at least before it gets dark. We all want answers but this guy doesn't have the right to create a disturbance especially because it's very likely they aren't even in the house.

I guess we can agree to disagree. What do you have to say about mandated reporting, then? How does that work?

(not directly at the person who is quoted here but at all the people who think Gabby was insane enough to be committed)

She is not in a psych facility. Come on, use your common sense here. She was out in the vast wilderness of these big national parks on her way (presumably) to Yellowstone. How many psych facilities are out there? Do you really seriously think they were happy in a store one day in Idaho with her fiance, hollering "we're engaged" and the next day she's in a psych facility? Something happened to her! To me, this is a form of blaming the victim - a woman, naturally, who is considered "crazy".
For the record, I think BL is as crazy as a person can get. I have my own theory about what happened and it involves him killing her.

IMO

In regards to the tiktok video and why BL would ask the woman for a ride to Jackson and then want out of the car when she disclosed she was heading there:

IMO it is either because he didn’t actually want to go all the way to Jackson OR because he said Jackson but actually meant something else (which would be pretty weird, but this isn’t the first time a place name has gotten mixed up in this case…). If he meant Jackson, ID - that’s 65 miles away from where they picked him up and he’d have to go through Jackson WY to get there anyway, so that doesn’t seem right either.

IMO, it’s more realistic that he realized where he was when he saw the dam (whether because the van was there, or because he was traveling south when instead he wanted to be traveling north) and then asked them to let him out.

I also believe that BL lied to her about hiking along the snake river for days if all he had was a tarp to sleep on. It was a low of 35 degrees that night, according to weather data.

The sudden cash flow explains how he might have paid for gas for the trip back without leaving a trace on his bank cards.

The guy has well planned his exit-strategy. He did not simply ask the Tiktokers to leave him at the dam, he probably had his van parked close by. He just told them what they have to hear to clear him out (*fiance*,*middle of nowhere*, etc)

His parents probably knew his weird motives and may be they are all part of it. Whether this is first victim or has many is the only question now. Kind of a Israel Keyes but very smooth and nice talker as to convince the Cops (what a joke to consider him as victim) and the Tiktoker

I guess we can agree to disagree. What do you have to say about mandated reporting, then? How does that work?

Imminent danger to self or others, child/elder abuse, etc. Even if the person committed a heinous crime, it can only be reported if said crime was on the premises of the reporting facility. Seems crazy I know, but there's a method to the madness.

IMO either the well-meaning woman from Tik Tok is incorrect that it was BL who was hitchhiking, OR it was him and he's lying.
For one thing, if he said he and his fiancée were camping at an unregulated campground on a river, but she was back at the van working on social media, wouldn't she need the wifi to do that? As they did before by spending hours at a coffee shop? Where is she getting wifi "in a van down by the river.”

Separately, regarding the speculation that Gabby may have checked herself into a medical facility but HIPPA prevents them from releasing her identity, I don’t agree. LE has to be informed if she matches a missing person case, just no private medical info is available to them. Also, I would think most facilities would ask the patient for an emergency contact number?

You don't need WIFI to work on the video. You just need it to upload the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea