Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, the new video of the couple picking up BL and traveling south with him sheds new light but I dont know how it helps? Maybe he did think they were headed 200 miles south to Jackson ID, and panicked when she said JH instead. so was he trying to get as far south as possible? did she kick him out of the van? doesnt make sense if she doesnt like to drive it, then again this is a whole crazy timeline to follow. JMO
I hope she is found alive.

Well, he has the van in Florida, and came home without her, so if she kicked him out, he returned the favor.

In regards to the tiktok video and why BL would ask the woman for a ride to Jackson and then want out of the car when she disclosed she was heading there:

IMO it is either because he didn’t actually want to go all the way to Jackson OR because he said Jackson but actually meant something else (which would be pretty weird, but this isn’t the first time a place name has gotten mixed up in this case…). If he meant Jackson, ID - that’s 65 miles away from where they picked him up and he’d have to go through Jackson WY to get there anyway, so that doesn’t seem right either.

IMO, it’s more realistic that he realized where he was when he saw the dam (whether because the van was there, or because he was traveling south when instead he wanted to be traveling north) and then asked them to let him out.

I also believe that BL lied to her about hiking along the snake river for days if all he had was a tarp to sleep on. It was a low of 35 degrees that night, according to weather data.

Yes- Also I think Brian isn’t quite the criminal mastermind some people are making him out to be.

More than likely his lawyer is making him stay silent because he would incriminate himself right after saying “Hello”. If this girl’s TikTok story is true, she really is a key witness here and may be the only person on the planet outside of his lawyer and parents who heard some part of the “story” he was trying to come up with before mom and dad called their lawyer.

I believe the girl’s story. Seems credible enough. But according to her timeline it took them 39 minutes to drive a little less than 8 miles. Is that typical?
View attachment 313006

That’s a tight timeline relative to when he made it back to Florida. He would have had just a short amount of time, considering the amount of time needed for the trip, between when the couple dropped him off at the Dam and when he made it to FL. He obviously made it back to the van (and presumably Gabby) somehow. He’d almost immediately need to be on the road to make it back by the 1st.

Regarding the 39 minute 8 mile ride, maybe they didn't leave right away. Maybe they spoke for awhile, were getting stuff together, etc.. She was texting her mom they were giving someone a ride.
I don't know if there's 'rush hour' traffic there as it was supper time, end of day. Could be busy.
Great observation.

This is now posted in MSM, so I believe I can mention here. A TikTok user claims she and her boyfriend picked Brian up at 5:30pm on August 29th at Colter Bay in GTNP and dropped him off around 6:09pm at Jackson Lake Dam. He claims he had been camping/hiking at Snake River for the past few days and that his fiancee was back at the van working on their social media site. She has reported this info to LE.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park
Possibly trying to create an alibi?

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438971206737272841

That Brian guy is doing his live at BL's parents' house, and it does appear that there's no one in the house. They panned the camera down the street though and holy crap I feel so bad for the neighbors. News people's cars have totally taken over the street.

This is probably the only time I’d tolerate such garbage on my street. I’d make some big signs and hang them from my house as well. But I would stick to the noise ordinance 10 pm time here.

It really does look like no one is home. Wonder what the chances of them leaving by back door and being picked up a street or two over are? That’s what I’d do.

Maybe just easier to type "wife" and it wasn't significant in the context of her conversation with her mother that it was a wife versus girlfriend versus fiance?

I think this too.

Yes when on a news link source it said a cashier said they bought donuts, instant noodles & bottles of water.

This is the link where it states about the bottles of water.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

But he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, at all and refused. Which I mentioned in my observations about the body-cam footage that it was really strange considering they was on their way apparently to get water and he needed shade because he was hot.

Good heavens, reading between the lines that sounds so awful.

"Ramen, bottled water and donuts" - that bespeaks "little more than, like, $6 for a food run; and we have to stretch it as far as possible."

I am assuming that Ramen is like 5/$0.99; the water bottle is whatever the cheapest water cost; and the donuts are plain cake $0.99-1.99/dozen. At best, they are glazed with chocolate or white sugar.

I mean, I know they are young lean people; but that sounds so scanty a bill of fare...! Plus, it was probably supposed to stretch for multiple meals.

I wonder where the van was at that time? If he was hitching to get to Jackson, and he eventually linked up with the van, how did he get to his hiking spot to begin with? Did GB drop him off? Was she already dead at the hiking spot and he came back to hide the body better--but didn't want the van spotted in that location?
Someone just mentioned the sighting of their van near Jenny Lake on the 25th. Gabby Petito's van seen at Wyoming's Jenny Lake on Aug 25, police searching area If the van were there, that’d give credit to him saying he was hiking along the Snake River. Jenny Lake is about an hour south of where he was picked up at Colter Village.

Maybe just easier to type "wife" and it wasn't significant in the context of her conversation with her mother that it was a wife versus girlfriend versus fiance?

Yes. If I'm writing and I can't spell something I'll just chose another word that I can spell because I'm too lazy to look up spelling. And he could have called her his wife. According to her mother they were no longer engaged (DailyMail interview), yet they were telling people they were. So, maybe he considered them married ... or she couldn't spell "fiance"

I remember @shelbycat previously mentioning that the tent was displayed in the presser and asking “does this mean the tent was not in the van?!”

Running w/ this for a moment. Per that tiktok (I am careful with it because unconfirmed so far by LE, but on speculation) — could he AND Gabby have camped somewhere separate from their van? Parked the van, hiked together to a remote location with the tent and camped together? (On her Dyrt app there is a ‘near yellowstone’ list with an A1R camping location that is tent only, no car access, so it’s definitely something they also look at as options for camping)…so they are off together remotely with their tent. Then something happens, he leaves her or kills her there and leaves her with the tent to hightail it out of there? Then, hitchhiked with this couple back to the van so he could run away. Maybe he lied about his story he told them. And maybe the tent wasnt in the van when recovered. We don’t know that, but would make sense why he had been camping for days and only had a tarp on him, and also had a story about why he and gabby were separated. Either he was telling the truth that she was waiting for him back at the van, or he intentionally made that up and said something about his fiancé UNPROMPTED in order to start creating an alibi that they weren’t together.

Additionally, he could have freaked out at the location of the dam drop off, wanting to hop out, to avoid the driving couple figuring out his lies. Maybe his van was near where they dropped him off and he acted like it wasn’t because, he’d already told them he was going to a “remote campsite where his fiancé was waiting, up north” and he couldn’t have them see him going back to a parked car, without his fiancé there, ruining his alibi.

I think the fact he said he’d been camping for days without her but didn’t have a tent with him might be a sign that he DID have a tent and left it, and that maybe he WAS with her camping but left her, too, and needed a backstory to this couple so they trusted him and for an alibi.

I really do feel that this is highly a possibility especially if the tent is also MIA. I don’t think his story to the girl who picked him up was true, it doesn’t make sense to me that he would have camped alone away from her for days with a tarp in 30° nights. I think they were together but he could no longer say that due to a crime that had occurred, so the story became they had been separated, she was with the van and he was camping. But really, he was trying to get back to the empty van to quickly drive home to FL arriving by sep 1st.
MOO

ive listened to this multible times and it makes no sense to me, this lady says the picked Brian up cause he wanted a ride to Jackson, then later wher they told him they were going to jackson he suddenly wanted back out....and now my head hurts

Perhaps the van was parked on the north side of town and he knew of Jackson Hole’s famous town centre webcams, which people even watch 24/7 on Youtube.

KSL News reported their planned campsites (which GL recorded on The Dyrt app), which include the Grassy Lake Road area north of GTNP. That's both north of Coulter Bay / Jackson Dam and within the current search area. They could very well have been camped there. (It's also free.)
Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
I posted this on the previous thread. It seemed to indicate they would leave Yellowstone through the West entrance and possibly proceed on to Glacier NP. Another curious bit I found was where they searched near Arches and Moab, including near the road/area where the couple was murdered.

Coincidence or something more?
The COLD team cannot confirm where Petito camped that night, however her The Dyrt account provides some potential clues. Petito had flagged possible campsites on U.S. 128 along the Colorado River, as well as in the Porcupine Rim area of the Manti-La Sal National Forest.

The Porcupine Rim site sits roughly five miles north of the place where, on Aug. 18, deputies from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office located the bodies of Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte. Turner and Schulte had been reported missing two days earlier. Investigators determined both had been shot to death.

OR - he's in a psych facility himself, which would be why LE knows where he is but can't access him. It's certainly happened before: the perpetrator can't cope with what they've done, goes into a facility - and, if we're lucky, talks when they come out.
so true...like that young boy years ago, who murdered his friend and the parents for the thrill of it...went to a facility then confessed.

IMO either the well-meaning woman from Tik Tok is incorrect that it was BL who was hitchhiking, OR it was him and he's lying.
For one thing, if he said he and his fiancée were camping at an unregulated campground on a river, but she was back at the van working on social media, wouldn't she need the wifi to do that? As they did before by spending hours at a coffee shop? Where is she getting wifi "in a van down by the river.”

Separately, regarding the speculation that Gabby may have checked herself into a medical facility but HIPPA prevents them from releasing her identity, I don’t agree. LE has to be informed if she matches a missing person case, just no private medical info is available to them. Also, I would think most facilities would ask the patient for an emergency contact number?

I think it was Brian they ran into because he talked about Gabby. How many people in the world are named Gabby? And he presumably told them his own name.

She would not have had wifi in a non-campground area by a river in a wilderness area. That part of what she was doing while she was alone, while he was on the run or whatever he was doing, was made up nonsense, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels