Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in no way defending the person in this case, but if my husband and a female co-worker or friend were using a tracking app with each other, I would be very concerned and upset.
Really? What if it was your husband's best male friend ? I hate to bring gender into it but I see nothing wrong with two female friends wanting to track each other to be safe. The only legit fear is of an affair but in Brian's case, it is about control of his identity and how others percieve him leading to loss of control over Gabby. Brian becomes hyper aware of his own abuse of Gabby, is enraged that Gabby has told Rose (in his mind) or that she gets protection from anyone but him. JMO.

I'm about 4 threads behind so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (sorry if so).

Does 'AllTrails' app mark your phones current location?
I ask because BL's is saying his is in 'North Point, Fla'.
GP's says "Bayamon,Northern Region,Puerto Rico'.

www.alltrails.com/members/brian-laundrie

www.alltrails.com/members/gabby-petito
This is a good find. It looks like you have just provided us with a rough draft of their itinerary, though it seems that they did deviate some from their official itinerary (they themselves reported they were in Capitol Reef National Park, and another outlet has them mapped as having visited Bryce Canyon, and there was discussion yesterday that they may have gone to Antelope Island, though that's a simple stop, not stay, thing. I hear you on being behind. I signed out last night, went to sleep, work, came back and: thread I was on was full and closed; new thread was opened, filled and closed; another new thread was open and was pages long already.

The game changer has to be the information from the campers who BL offered $200 for a 10 mile ride. Its obvious that he doubled back, grabbed the van and beat it back to Florida. He also had the van in his possession long enough to do a cleanup after his return. Thankfully, BL has left a trail of bad decisions since his interaction with the Moab police.
Its just a matter of time before LE serves an arrest warrant.

My thinking as well.

I'm about 4 threads behind so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (sorry if so).

Does 'AllTrails' app mark your phones current location?
I ask because BL's is saying his is in 'North Point, Fla'.
GP's says "Bayamon,Northern Region,Puerto Rico'.

www.alltrails.com/members/brian-laundrie

www.alltrails.com/members/gabby-petito
UPDATE: I have since discovered you can set the location to anything you want. But still great sleuthing and good info.

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?

Last edited:
For all of the people quick to jump to conclusions....

Let's say GP wasn't dating BL... but was dating the perfect guy... and then that perfect guy makes a friend... let's call him Brian Laundrie... and GP gets a hinky feeling about that friend... and then one night her boyfriend says... me and Bri are going out to this new bar... dunno what time I'll be home. Don't worry. He's cool!

Discuss:

* maybe sometimes it IS OK to worry about your significant other's friends?

Thank you it’s really good to hear from her age group and a healthy relationship - well done !

Congrats!

I have been married for 40 years, and would have said exactly the same. I may have worried about my spouse being out with friends, but would have never been in the way or jealous, and probably wound not (and should not) have been married at all if I resorted to taking a drivers lic. to stop her being with a friend.

To be married, trust and space are important.

LE just told the protestors that they are not actually helping even though he respects their right to protest. He asked them to keep it down, stop with the profanities, and be respectful. Bullhorn girl still yelling.

Are you the first one to find this? Really good sleuthing if so...If you are the first, it is probably something you need to report as a tip i would think.. It is truly showing that the phone location must be on for it to work? How can this be? I don't know? Why does AllTrails need my phone's location?

I saw someone else report this on another site (can’t remember where) and some people that use this app were checking to see if it accurately reported their location. Some people said it was accurate and others said it wasn’t. So I am not sure how reliable it is.

Never thought he was. I still suspect he's been in Rehab/treatment or out of the country for some time now.

MOO.

More likely IMO is he's just holed up in a hotel or with a family friend or even with the lawyer. I can't see why he'd be in rehab. Out of the country with COVID still going on would be hard. Maybe they flew him to another city to stay in a hotel. BL doesn't seem to have any purpose in his life, so a suicide watch would be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa