Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see BL flying back with a handgun. The carry laws are not consistent, local, state, federal park lands. Concealed, open carry, etc. Some states and localities require specific permits that are not just available online or on demand in person.

Things aren't looking good for Gabby at this point, but I can hope for a miracle.

Past time for BL to come clean with what he knows or what he has done. This is affecting so many people, ie Family, Friends, LE, Searchers, etc.

#FindGabbyPetito

Two irresponsible wanderers putting their families through all of this misery. I expect all kinds of parent health issues from all this.

Surely they were advised this was a dangerous situation they were putting themselves in. How was all of this travel being funded?

They had mental issues and should have been under a doctor's care. I'm at a loss for words at all the wrongs here.

I live in a van with my partner full-time, have for 7 months. The cost of doing van life is definitely less expensive than you’d think. Sounded like she saved up for it. They also stayed for free a lot at BLM spots, according to them.

I think we have to be careful not to victim-blame here. Gabby had a dream and she went for it and I think that’s a beautiful thing. Her father said that she was a grown adult and she had to make her own decisions. I don’t think I’m putting my parents through misery because I’m an “irresponsible wanderer” because I live in my converted van.

How can they legally even touch him if they find him? What has changed (with his legal status) since Gabby was declared missing on Sept 11?
They still can't force him to answer questions but they can try. Or, if he's caught doing something illegally they will have a reason to detain him. At this point I would think LE will take any opportunity to question him.

I got the feeling with all his babbling ... two went hiking near snake river and only one returned.... I dont believe for one minute GP stayed at the van.... JMO

Yeah, sorry, I don’t think the part about her staying at the van was true, though he may have been falling back on earlier things from the trip where maybe she did stay in the van while he went for a hike. This may have been his first attempt at trying out the “last time I saw her” excuse that he was going to tell people on his way back across the country and when he got back home, so that it would look like she made the Snake River hike alone, after he’d gone back to Florida without the van.

The hiking boots thing is ringing alarm bells in my head. This thread has been moving at lightning speed, but I mentioned a few pages back that I found it bizarre that GP should specifically comment on BL 'always hiking barefoot' when all it takes is a glance at his Instagram page to see that's not true. There are plenty of shots of him with hiking boots and socks on.

Also, the couple who picked him up as a hitchhiker in Colter Bay, stated he was wearing hiking boots again.

Maybe it was him trying to be unique and get a name for himself as part of this "influencer" status they were going for on social media with the blogs and vanlife etc?

Interesting though that he refused water from the police on the DV stop because he apparently was against plastic bottles. Was this him being savvy and ensuring they couldn't get his DNA?

Was his recent reluctance to wear hiking boots him thinking there would be less evidence in terms of identifiable boot prints?

I tend to think he was just trying to be quirky, but who knows with this strange case...

MOO

I don't understand all of this talk of water bottle DNA. Are you all expecting that the cops would have asked Brian for the bottle back when he was done?

Several threads back I believe someone said because he is now considered a missing person not just a POI it allows more freedoms to LE. Though it may have been in reference to investigation BL now. Trying to remember. It was really late last night for me, when I saw it.
Yes, it's now considered a "multiple" missing persons investigation. Imo

I get the impression that both sets of parents weren't too thrilled about the relationship in the first place, and that this may be the root of a certain animosity between them that was already there way before GP went missing.

How can they legally even touch him if they find him? What has changed (with his legal status) since Gabby was declared missing on Sept 11?
Depends upon what his parents told LE. For instance, maybe they said that he's suicidal. Could also depend on where they find him. He could be arrested for breaking into someone's home, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK77