Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just catching up as only found out about this case today but my gut instinct is that he has left her somewhere remote and has driven off after/during a fight like the one in the LE’s body cam footage. I think he’s then calmed down, gone back, and she’s gone.

Maybe he continued to post as her on insta / text her family as to not raise any suspicion as he had expected to find her okay after a couple of days searching and he would gaslight her into thinking the behaviour was her fault.

Very bizzare behaviour regardless.

I hope to god she’s alive out there somewhere.

Is there a way to determine how many followers they had and how many likes their posts were getting BEFORE she was reported missing and became international news? I do think they were hoping to become van-life influencers and likely were not making any headway due to the fact that there are thousands of people creating similar videos. It's basically a shot in the dark to think your videos will succeed, but the fact that SOMEONE has to succeed entices people. I follow some van lifers, but for every successful one there are dozens of channels chugging along with a few hundred subscribers hoping for a big break or viral moment.

Influencers try to sell their followers on the dream. You can also make money by literally just posting on social media like me! Supply and demand doesn't work like that. If everyone was an influencer, then there is nobody to influence. A handful might succeed and the rest don't.

I took a look when all this has started and it wasn’t that many, unfortunately. I think it would have taken them awhile.

No contact with BL ever. Relayed by the lawyer. They weren't inside the house at all until last night.

So this is weird to me too. BL is 24 years old. He's not a minor. He's an adult. Legally independent. His parents have no legal rights over him in terms of guardianship, etc. Why didn't LE insist on speaking to BL to his face and have BL invoke his right himself? Isn't that pretty incompetent? What if BL wanted to speak but his parents were preventing it? (Unlikely but possible)

Is there a way to determine how many followers they had and how many likes their posts were getting BEFORE she was reported missing and became international news? I do think they were hoping to become van-life influencers and likely were not making any headway due to the fact that there are thousands of people creating similar videos. It's basically a shot in the dark to think your videos will succeed, but the fact that SOMEONE has to succeed entices people. I follow some van lifers, but for every successful one there are dozens of channels chugging along with a few hundred subscribers hoping for a big break or viral moment.

Influencers try to sell their followers on the dream. You can also make money by literally just posting on social media like me! Supply and demand doesn't work like that. If everyone was an influencer, then there is nobody to influence. A handful might succeed and the rest don't.
"Influencing" takes a lot of time, consistency, and effort. It was sad that he didn't support her, but I think there are other ways of being successful at it and maybe it was just a lifestyle or career he didn't care for (I know I don't). Someone mentioned it probably a hundred replies ago that they might have done well if they'd vlogged about the real things they were going through rather than making it seem picture perfect, and I agree. It might even have worked as a form of therapy for them to get their feelings out to each other. But yes, they did have a long way to go towards monetizing it and it didn't seem too consistent on YouTube, which you can make more money with videos.

SEP 18, 2021
Van Couple: Parents of Brian Laundrie Say They Haven't Seen Him in Days - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
[...]

The reserve, which is about 13 miles north of North Port, is a public park owned by Sarasota County that is home to a diverse array of wildlife including feral hogs, alligators and panthers. On Saturday, the reserve’s website warned that most of the park’s 80 miles of hiking trails were flooded. There has also been “some unusual fire caused by lightning,” said Russell Johnson, a longtime volunteer with the park.

“All in all, this is the worst time of the year for visiting the Carlton,” he said.

Mr. Taylor told reporters that more than 50 police officers were searching for Mr. Laundrie on foot, on all-terrain vehicles and with the help of dogs. He described the conditions as wet and muddy and said the park had been closed to the public while the police searched. Mr. Taylor said Mr. Laundrie’s life could be in danger, but he did not specify how.

he said. “There is an enormous amount of pressure on him to provide answers on what’s going on here.”

[...]

It is not a 5 hour walk. Probably under 2 hours from his parents home to the Myakkahatchee entrance since it is only 5 miles. If people are mapping in Carlton Reserve, they're landing on the Myakka State Park entrance out off SR72. The part of the Carlton Reserve they're searching is across from the footbridge that separates the reserve with the park.

View attachment 313104
There is also an entrance off of Border Road in Venice. But BL's walking path definitely would have been through Myakkahatchee Creek Park in North Port IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 3.16.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 3.16.47 PM.png
    349.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm trying to catch up on the fast-moving threads.

These two things stand out to me:

AUGUST 13th Is this the last sighting of Gabby by the law enforcement when pulled over for speeding?
Any proof she was seen after that night by anyone or better yet a security camera?
Hotel survillence cameras?

Why did BL fly back home to Florida? Did he say they broke up temporarily?
Or had planned to fly back for another reason? Was this a planned or spur-of-the-moment trip?
If NOT planned sounds like they weren't getting along or broke up or he accidentally killed her panicked and returned home.
The date AUGUST 13th/14th stand put to me as important dates.

Did she speak to her mom on AUGUST 25th? Do we know for a FACT she spoke to her on a phone and NOT TEXTED? This is an important detail.
If So then AUGUST 25th is the LAST known phone call she made with another human being. (mom).

It's been reported several times that when LE went to the door, parents refused them entry and said to contact the lawyer.

Are you thinking that somehow LE had a stealthy visit with BL? I've personally never heard of that. I think they'd go for a subpoena, because he has clearly stated that he doesn't want to speak (via his parents and his attorney). The attorney has said his client is not available to speak to LE.

What more would you like to hear on that topic? I really don't see any evidence that BL left the house and met up with LE - his parents have reported him missing. If LE did run into him, they'd make a report (immediately, IMO). Heck, with all the people following this case on scanners, I think twitter would be full of reports if BL "ran into" some policeman and started talking.

Here is just one of many articles with the lawyer's statement that he won't be talking to LE:

Attorney for Brian Laundrie, missing person Gabby Petito's boyfriend, addresses those 'wondering' why he won't speak to authorities

Of course, he's not really missing (according to the family), but only "hiding," so that even if LE sees him, they have no reason to approach him and I'm guessing he's not going to be very chatty.
Wait, he's not missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member