Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it on your phone - if you type a capital "Y" you get lots of suggestions - but a person really needs to type the first three letters to get YOSemite vs. YELlowstone (and if you type YEL you'll get...yellow before you get Yellowstone).

I don't buy this as an auto-correct situation. I'm active on TripAdvisor and people confuse the two parks ALL the time. They want to fly to California for a 5 day trip and "see Yellowstone."

I've been in Yosemite recently, and heard a couple asking the ranger about the geysers. Yup. They are both amazing parks, both are on everyone's bucket list, apparently, and they are definitely confused.

What's interesting to me about this couple's supposed trip into Idaho/Snake River area is that it was and is getting fairly nippy overnight...not a good time to just sleep out on a tarp (but possible - it would be uncomfortable in just a T-shirt and shorts on top of a tarp, at 40•. IMO. One night, maybe, but you'd need quite a few calories so that your body could use all its mechanisms to keep you warm enough. Even at 45•.

I also note relatively placid black bears are out all over the Sierras now in their hyperphagic phase trying to eat everything around prior to hibernation.

I would really be worried about those much more aggressive hungry beasts in the Wyoming area in a hyperphagic state, especially if he was foraging for their berries, etc. What do you call those WY bears now? Oh yeah. Grizzly Bears

You are right, we don't. I'm actually scouring the older stuff to try to see where the 01 September arrival date "came from," or at least who suggested it, when, and under what pretenses. Wondering whether it's just circular reporting.
North Port Police on Twitter
E_VifWoVEAQyA-U

But why didn't they tell investigators last night? That's another problem I have with their odd actions.
They didn’t want to incriminate themselves- I’m sure they went right home and called the lawyer who told them to say it exactly like that- we saw him Tuesday, we know his vehicle was at the park Tuesday, etc. so as to not incriminate themselves

I just posted about this up thread. A reporter on scene just stated that the Mustang was not there on Tuesday but was there on Wednesday. Brian Entin has been live on scene for days. He said the Mustang may have showed up late at night. I take this to mean the wee hours when no one was there.

MOO.
Brian Entin said there have been reporters there around the clock, but he wasn’t there when the mustang showed up.

I haven’t read through all the posts, but watched the police cam video in it’s entirety from the domestic violence incident in Moab on 8/12/21.

During the ride to his free hotel room, Officer Robbins highly recommended to Brian that they travel to Yosemite then Sequoia National Park, as though everything was going to be just peachy. I can’t get that out of my head.

Officer Robbins must be disturbed seeing how things really played out.
I think one of the hardest LE jobs must be trying to safely/fairly intervene in domestic violence situations. LE walks in cold with little or no prior information. They separate the parties to try to get to the truth of the situation. IMO, they tend to believe the person that has the calmest demeanor. Unfortunately, that does not always reveal the severity or cause of the situation.

I am in full support of LE. But it must be heartbreaking in retrospect when they realize they didn't or couldn't protect someone that was in danger.

JMO

ETA - grammar

Last edited:
I've done multiple cross country driving trips by myself, and multiple regional driving trips out west (multiple states, average over 2,000 plus miles round trip). It is REALLY difficult to imagine how he could have driven from Utah in Florida in 2 days, even going full out without stopping for anything other than to pee.

I have done NY > CA and vise-versa multiple times, last time being last summer. I can do it in three days, easily. They are long days, but with a goal of wanting to get to the destination it's no problem for me.

Ok so here’s a question-how do we know he returned on 9/1? We aren’t just going off the BL families words, are we? What if they are using that timeline so that it’s “impossible” he was in WY/ID etc to be able to do xyz and be back in FL by 9/1. Yes I know at this point it seems they’ve put us in a position to be grasping for straws.

The date was given early on by LE but may have come from the lawyer and still be unsupported,
we don't know. MOO

Yes, the NPPD spokesperson confirmed it was FBI at their house last night. Lying to a federal agent is a felony under 18 USC 1001. 5 years in prison and the feds are not shy about prosecuting this.
My opinion is that the Laundrie's are represented by an attorney. My bet is that the attorney has ensured that there were no actual "lies" per se. Lots of wiggle words, for sure... but no lies. I do not hold to the belief that the Laundrie's attorney is in any way inept

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1439301961816367104?s=21

Update: The #FBI and our partners at the National Park Service, Teton County Sheriff’s Office and Jackson Police Department are currently conducting ground surveys in the areas of Grand Teton National Park that are relevant to the investigation into Gabrielle Petito Disappearance.

They’ve also tweeted these in the comments.

“This is an active and ongoing investigation, so we ask the public to maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and their related activity for the safety of the public in these remote areas and to protect the integrity of our work”.

“When we have any updates or requests for assistance from the public, we will share that information in a timely manner. We appreciate your cooperation and support as we work to bring Gabby home”. #FindGabby

At least we are seeing something relevant to GP.

They may have corroborated it with phone pings by now. It seems like they found it credible enough to prioritize a search in the area. Jmo
Is it the same area near Jenny Lake, where the van was seen? I'm still confused about that location. I know it's in Grand Teton but I don't know exactly where.

And where is that in relation to the place BL was camping, according to the tic tokker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew