Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's what I mean. The information they gave to police in order to find BL is probably true. But they were very careful about revealing any information in relation to Gabby, since they consulted the attorney before reporting their son missing.

They must know the trouble they would be in if they intentionally mislead investigators in finding their son. I don't see them risking that. I don't think their attorney would let them do that, either. IMO
If that NY attorney is looking out for the interest of the parents too, it maybe time to get a separate attorney. I would, there's conflict now, IMO.

My opinion is that the Laundrie's are represented by an attorney. My bet is that the attorney has ensured that there were no actual "lies" per se. Lots of wiggle words, for sure... but no lies. I do not hold to the belief that the Laundrie's attorney is in any way inept
He was actually on the phone during the search, so I'm sure that's exactly what was going on.

North Port Police on Twitter
E_VifWoVEAQyA-U
but do they "know" that he returned on 9/1 in the same manner that they "knew" where he was on thursday? because that was what they were told?

If you follow someone on instagram and they block you does it reduce the number of people you are following on your page? Seems his "following" count is actually slowly shrinking
I did see this trend before, but there has also been many copycat accounts that were stealing photos and reposting them with or without edits.
Instagram has been actively removing these accounts, and in turn a deleted follower would reduce the numbers too.
There's always the possibility for more to be going on, but it hasn't been reported.

*edited for grammar/phone autocorrect

I think it was ridiculous the police in Utah spent a whole hour with them for something so trivial as a couple witnessing them having an argument.

Maybe the police in Utah don't have enough to do, but in many other places, the police wouldn't even bother with such a minor thing.

A witness reported a couple arguing and fighting? Small fry.

And even when the police pulled the van over later on, HE was speeding and hitting a kerb, yet nothing was done about that. Not even mentioned by the police, who then spent a whole hour pretending to be social workers!

Just a quick 2 minute check on them would've been enough, then sent them on their way.
I would have to disagree because look what’s happened now. We’ll never know what may have been prevented if they actually spent MORE time with law enforcement officers. I think it’s nice to know that officers see red flags in a relationship and will take a minute to try to work through a problem with a couple in or nearing a crisis. IMO they’re aware one or both may be lying or playing down a physical altercation. BL talked about getting scratched by the cord of the cell phone… I don’t know what someone could do with a cord to leave a mark like a scratch but it doesn’t seem like it would be anything good.

I think it’s nice to see LE be proactive. Some incidents are preventable with just a little intervention. I think we’d probably all hope for that if we had a loved one missing that after a DV incident. Jmo.

unless Brian had hidden her phone and she never received those texts.
Hid her phone for over a week? Anything is possible but I highly doubt it, most have iPads or a computer in addition to a phone. If he did hide her phone and they are still protecting him, refusing to cooperate with LE that just layers on more puzzling behaviors.

Me neither. I'm hoping that the police know so, so much more than what we do.

Yeah, but they had a tent, so why go through the trouble of building a tarp shelter? Unless, of course, GP had the tent. Or the tent was unavailable for some reason. But I'd like to note that in my experience building tarp shelters, you need a ton of rope (or paracord, whatever your preference).

BL hitchhiking with a tarp and a ton of rope... I mean, if this was any other dude last seen with a missing girl, hitchhiking with the same tools, you'd take pause, right?

A tarp shelter can be built with a hiking pole/stick and 4' of paracord.

Maybe the fact that they waited until Fri. evening to tell police he was gone tells us that he needed 3 days to get to here he was going. I don't think the parents would wait 3 days if they thought he might kill himself. Of course this is if the parents are being honest.

You would think B.L. would stay in touch with his lawyer because any conversations are completely protected.

A parent who thinks their child is suicidal is going to take whatever steps are necessary to protect their child's life. Waiting three days, and only telling police he's missing when it looks as though a lynch mob is forming on the front yard is very convenient. Brian might have taken off days before that but the parents knew their story would be less believable if they waited too long before reporting him missing. So, they make it two days. Street and other cams should be able to verify if their story is true.

I feel bad for them--I really do--but when Brian showed up without Gabby, they should have notified the authorities at that point that she was missing. If it's possible she had an accident, that lost time could have cost her life. I'm sure this is a nightmare for them, it would be for any parent, but at some point, we all have to do the right thing, even if it's damn hard.

I don't read that LE has confirmed it was him or that the report by Miranda Baker is true.

The article confirms LE talked to Miranda Baker about the video. They said they were reviewing it and potentially using some of the information she reported.

It ONLY confirms LE talked to Miranda Baker.
Nothing can be confirmed unless it's seen or verified. The sightings, the dyrt data, everything. Fact is BL isn't talking and neither are his parents, but the point is the tiktok person is talking with the police which means it's unlikely some crackpot eyewitness looking for 15 mins of fame. All eyewitness sighting are unverifiable, but there are the ones we tend to put stock in and those we don't. So until BL says "yup I took a ride with them" it's unverifiable. Just like the phone calls GP's mother says she had with her, we only have her word that a phone call happened and that they spoke, but it's fairly sure to be correct.

Here’s the link to Rose interview she’s Gabbys good friend from Florida

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

She's also the person GP was supposedly going to contact on the 29th about meeting up.

But I think it's important to note that we don't really know anything about her and are only hearing one side of a story. BP could still be an awful killer... AND he could've had very good reasons to not want GP to hang out with this girl... and we don't know how true her tale is, either.

Or - maybe this girl was even the crux of big bad arguments between them? Another possibility, among many.

I am not saying BL is a well adjusted guy but people stating they see his body language in the body cam footage as certain way, is ridiculous. You can not judge someones character by a short video.
Apparently you never saw the "Chris Watts on the front porch" interview. ;) Just a few short minutes and everybody knew what was up. And we were right.

Brian Entin said there have been reporters there around the clock, but he wasn’t there when the mustang showed up.

I can’t figure out when the Mustang showed up. I found pictures of the driveway on Monday, Tuesday and Friday so the mustang must have shown up on Wednesday, Thursday or early Friday - unless it was in the garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member