Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 8/29 date was the tik tok person and the $200.. IIRC
is that by Jenny Lake?
Colter Bay jumping out at Jackson Dam area Jenny Lake is south on another road off hwy 191... I think Not sure can walk that far.... I looked its 6 hour walking

The comments about the possibility of Brian grabbing at Gabby's face or throat, my take was that she was struggling to find her words. She wasn't adequately describing what had happened. I think Brian may have been holding her face between his hands to get her to look at him and to help focus her and calm her down. In at least one of the photos I've seen, he had has hand on her head in a loving gesture. We need to be careful with our assumptions and biases that tend to disfavor men.
How then would you explain the marks he left on her face, and the pain she described as still existing 2 hours later after he manhandled her in that dangerous most demeaning way? Gestures are used so that words are not necessary. What would be the preferred words to describe someone violently shoving your face in?

She certainly showed what he did in his physical assault on her, while he was attempting to carjack her vehicle and rob her of all her belongings.

Last edited:
Does that pic that is suspected of being BL walking look like he is not wearing shoes? I swear it looks like he is barefoot and it has been stated before he liked to be barefoot but on Florida pavement?

the 8/29 date was the tik tok person and the $200.. IIRC
is that by Jenny Lake?
Colter Bay jumping out at Jackson Dam area Jenny Lake is south on another road off hwy 191... I think Not sure can walk that far.... I looked its 6 hour walking

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

RSBM
I'm not sure what you mean when you say seeing LE search for Brian "seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks." I would say that the vast majority of people would find the police searching for them to be "contrary to who they are"––I don't know anyone who makes being on the lam an integral part of their personality.

Additionally, I am unclear as to how the search makes Brian "feel" is at all relevant. He chose to leave the location LE knew he was at. Had he stayed wherever he was, LE wouldn't have been forced to conduct a search for him, but Brian chose to leave.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

RSBM
IMO I think the part about him supposedly being very clean when he got into the couple's van is even more of a red flag than if he had been filthy, since, in Brian's own words (from the body cam footage), "I’m dirty and I can’t change being dirty, like I’ve got dirty feet, I got sand in my flip flops and stuff like that." The fact that he allegedly had been hiking in the woods with only a tarp before the couple picked him up but was unusually clean wouldn't be that weird if he hadn't explicitly stated he's a dirty person. If he had issues with Gabby asking him to clean up before getting in the tent/van, I highly doubt he would keep himself fastidiously clean in the wilderness without her, JMO.

really?? Everyone that wants to be sweet about Brian, what is your theory about what’s happening here? I’m genuinely curious how anyone can think he’s sweet and loving and just happened to return home with his girlfriend’s van and no girlfriend and won’t answer any questions about it?!

edited to remove old question
I don't think people are trying to be "sweet about Brian" I think some people are trying to be more open-minded that not everything is what we think it is, and that it is wholly inappropriate to start diagnosing him. He's made himself the villain and because of that, it seems like a lot of people are throwing in their own diagnoses, opinions, and judgments and using their personal experiences to justify it. It doesn't help Gabby nor is it fair to try and define either of them or their relationship.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't care if I get flamed for saying the following, but the immediate reaction I had of Brian when I watched the videos in Moab was that he was a somewhat socially awkward and eager to please. The vitriol displayed on these threads against Brian before we even know what happened to Gabby is disheartening to me. I note there are alot of new members posting - some good - some bad, the thread is moving at the speed of light, but very little factual information is being shared. I may be proved wrong, but I don't believe he premeditated and INTENTIONALLY harmed anyone.
How do you explain his lies in the video, the phone etc? Unfortunately it’s not just his actions in the video but his actions upon returning to Florida without her, refusing to communicate with her parents about her long before LE was involved. That does not speak to the characteristics that you draw from that one 90 minute snapshot. I don’t think anybody has suggested that it was premeditated, maybe a heat of passion crime, she was threatening to leave, lots of possibilities.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't care if I get flamed for saying the following, but the immediate reaction I had of Brian when I watched the videos in Moab was that he was a somewhat socially awkward and eager to please. The vitriol displayed on these threads against Brian before we even know what happened to Gabby is disheartening to me. I note there are alot of new members posting - some good - some bad, the thread is moving at the speed of light, but very little factual information is being shared. I may be proved wrong, but I don't believe he premeditated and INTENTIONALLY harmed anyone.

I agree with you & Cedar. I hope both of them are found. And I think the story isn’t going to be anywhere close to what is being speculated on these threads.

That is 100% him

I think that guy in the photo looks a bit thinner and shorter than BL, and what appears to be a tattoo on his left arm doesn't match... But of course it's hard to tell from such a blurry photo. It also seems unlikely he'd just be casually walking around undisguised if he's trying to lay low and not be seen or heard from like he seemingly has been since he got back to FL.

JMO.

Agreed. I just hope he's not there, because if he is, I think the odds are quickly decreasing that he's still alive.
I'm truly enjoying the view that everyone has of Florida. Like panthers and alligators are wandering all over. Been here since '81 and haven't seen one gator out for a stroll, no panthers either. As for mosquitoes that's a whole nother story. Since human encroachment I rarely see a bear or deer or fox the past years. Personally if he's itching to death from mosquitoes and chiggers and sand fleas it's well deserved in my opinion. ;)

Question: As a not-gun person and not a resident of Florida, is it standard practice to keep your gun in your car if you have a license?
I wouldn't, just on principle. If your car gets stolen, there goes the gun. I live in a state that doesn't require a concealed carry license. Things are little different here. IF I am going out at night, you can bet my "buddy" comes with me. My husband and son made sure I was comfortable and trained before I ever started carrying it.

It breaks my heart how Gabbies family have been literally begging for information all this time. Brian's family only called the the police that he was missing on the Friday when he was last seen on Tuesday!

MOO LE doesn't give a hoot about what BL's parents want. This has given LE the legal opportunity they were looking for to go after BL with everything they have and they are going full bore at it. You should look at it as a positive event in teh search for GP.

Here's why I don't think it's him. imo.
Police can easily debunk whether it is him or not. Considering the person was walking and NorthPort is such a small town, if the take a radius of 3 miles from that photo and go search all the houses to find a similar person, they might find the person in the photo or if not then he might be our suspect. It is a waste of resource currently since they believe they have some clue he might be elsewhere. Also, if they do house to house search, they can also eliminate the possibility that he might be taking someone hostage in a nearby house until the situation clears outside.

Thi
Photo shows person who looks like Brian Laundrie walking Florida street

Authorities are probing whether a cellphone photo taken Friday of a man cops say looks a “heck” of a lot like the boyfriend of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito, is indeed Brian Laundrie, who disappeared this week after being named a person of interest in his girlfriend’s disappearance, The Post has learned.

The photo was snapped just before 5 p.m. Friday on Targee Ave in North Port — about two blocks from Laundrie’s parents’ home, metadata from the image reveals.

search-brian-laundrie.jpg
He is listening to whatever device is in his right hand - you can see the cord leads there. If he had on a sleeve for the device, it would be there instead. The sunglasses also don't match BL's sunglasses:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 5.00.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 5.00.17 PM.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 43
All we do know is that he was with her, returned without her, and has refused to cooperate to find her. So you must admit, there is a certain amount of vitriol that is warranted.

Hello,

I am not even trying to play devil's advocate, but how do we *know* that he returned without her? We have this Sept. 1st date that is only reported by the police, but how trustworthy is that? What is the source of that? The police and public really didn't get involved on this case until Sept. 11th / Sept. 12th after her family reported her missing.

All we really know about Sept. is that she hasn't reached out to her family right? Just trying to take a step back and see what is actually known. Police have been unusually reluctant to describe this case as a criminal investigation. I get that they don't have any hard evidence. It probably doesn't matter either way if they tell us they suspect something has run foul.

I personally suspect something has run foul, but I just am not sure I am ready to just accept that he showed up without her, yet. Something just makes me think there is another reason his family is acting the way they are acting.

I hope she is just <modsnip> not communicating. I hope that she is in Florida, alive and that his parents are just as confused as everyone else about what is going on. I hope that these two kids are just acting out in unpredictable ways as they continue to try to paint a perfect image of themselves and perhaps just remain aloof in an effort to protect themselves from a situation that has quickly spiraled out of control. I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Spread Creek dispersed campground makes a lot of sense as a search area for Gabby:

4. Also, when I looked at a map it occurred to me that Brian may have gotten anxious and asked to get out suddenly from the TikTok girl's jeep for a different reason. Driving south from Colter Bay toward Jackson, there's a fork in road near the dam - it appears that the jeep driver took the park road instead of the highway (191). If Brian was trying to get back to the Spread Creek campground where the van was parked, he wanted to go on 191, because that's the road which leads to the turn off to the campground. So as soon as the driver took the right turn on the park road, instead of 191, Brian freaked out and asked to get out. And where was he? The Jackson Dam area.

Great point about him jumping off to stay on Highway 191 (to Spread Creek) to get back to the van.

So, the van has sightings Aug 25 in Jenny Lake parking lot, and Aug 29 at Spread Creek Campground in GTNP

So far no evidence either one of them was any farther north than Coulter Bay. It's plausible the van was in Spread Creek for the nights of 8/26-8/29. Or they could be driving in and out of the same campsite during the day and returning to the same place at night. Other campers at that campground would be key to determining when she was last seen locally.

I'm not sure on why he would be hanging around the area for several days after her last verified contact (8/25 with mother) and possibly making fake text messages (8/27) to her mom. As others have noted, something about her "posts" changed in context and style right about 8/27 and I think this is the day something bad happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member