Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting new detail: Brian Laundrie’s parents say they last saw him Tuesday when *he went for a hike at Carlton Reserve* according to police. Authorities tonight say they are trying to corroborate the parents story.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439378369364246531?s=20i

Did they just see him leave or did they go hiking with him? How did they last see him when he went hiking in a specific park? Just an odd way to describe the last time they saw their son. What even are these parents doing?

I’m super interested to know the last time someone physically saw Brian, other than his parents. They are losing credibly at this point for me. And I’m someone who always, ALWAYS refuses to assume or speculate.

A couple questions I may have missed along the way:

- Have there been any verified sightings of Brian since his return to Florida on the 1st? I don't mean what his parents say about when they saw him. Has he been visually seen by police, media?
- If Brian and Gabby parted ways and Brian returned alone to Florida, he presumably could have left her anywhere in between Wyoming and Florida, correct?

Blah blah blah blah....Poor Brian....

Can we please refocus and remember....HE HAS REFUSED TO SAY ONE WORD TO POLICE or her parents.
All he has had to tell them is the last place he saw Gabby. He could have said this via his attorney or his parents.
He could have said JUST THAT when FIRST asked and left it at THAT if everything was on the up and up and completely INNOCENT.

But he did not. So the spotlight is on HIM and it is 100% HIS FAULT.

So, I really have zero sympathy for him and his plant and tree and art obsession.
I dont care if anyone knows him, feels his energy or blah blah blah.

THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT.

I agree. I have zero sympathy for him. Whether he killed her, beat her up, abandoned her, whatever he did, it' wasn't decent, it was outside the realm of what most people would do, and it showed callous disregard for her wellbeing and life. I have NO sympathy for him and his family. None. This is 100% his doing.

And t altercation where police were called indicated one thing to me - he was emotionally abusing her. Whether her fingernails caught his arm or face made her an "aggressor" in the moment is irrelevant. Many women can tell when other women are being abused, and I could tell. That abuse often doesn't include big obvious bruises, but mental bruises.

All of this is his doing. Brian deserves no sympathy and gets none from me. I hope Gabby is found soon, safe and sound, but it's very unlikely that will be the case. And if she isn't, that too will be on her boyfriend.

https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1439375097266155521?s=20

Our search of the Carlton is being called this evening due to darkness. Nothing found. Efforts will begin again Sunday morning.

I'm not sure if he is even there. What a waste of police resources!

Red Flag 1: Mustang just left in front of the reserve and the parents thought it was a good idea to bring it back home? Why? How would he come back home from the hike... unless they knew he escaped and they didn't want it to be found abandoned so that he has sufficient time to escape.

Red Flag 2: Waiting till Friday to report. Giving false info about his whereabouts.

Red Flag 3: The oblivious parents thought it was totally ok for their POI son to go for a hike with no one accompanying him especially when he is under such stress. Riiiiiiiiight.

Why should the police even believe them? They have been lying about everything since the beginning.

North Port Police release statement on Saturday's search for Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve

"As a national search for Gabby Petito (22) continues, the search for Brian Laundrie (23) continues in North Port. Saturday, North Port Police, along with the FBI and other nearby agency partners searched the Carlton Reserve area to the North of the City of North Port," North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said in a statement to Fox News.

"Roughly 25,000 acres. Brian’s parents have reported to us that he was last seen Tuesday when he went for a hike there," the statement continued. "They reported him missing three days later. The North Port Police Department and the FBI are working to corroborate the story."

Taylor added that it is "important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working multiple missing person investigations."

Taylor also said that a ground search is being conducted in parts of Wyoming by investigators in an attempt to locate Gabby Petito.

The search at Carlton Reserve is done for the day due to darkness.

Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES

Did they just see him leave or did they go hiking with him? How did they last see him when he went hiking in a specific park? Just an odd way to describe the last time they saw their son. What even are these parents doing?

I’m super interested to know the last time someone physically saw Brian, other than his parents. They are losing credibly at this point for me. And I’m someone who always, ALWAYS refuses to assume or speculate.

Do we know how he got to the park to hike on Tuesday? If he drove the family's silver car, it is now back in the driveway. Is there another car out there or did he take a bus or taxi to the park on Tuesday?

It's such an utterly inconsequential point.

If she's dead. She's dead. Who owns the van doesn't matter. Same goes for if she's alive and well.

The relevant information is that this van, that this couple was travelling cross-country in showed up, off-schedule and without one of the expected passengers.
This really is a waste of energy. Although state laws may differ slightly, generally auto theft is the unauthorized taking or control of an auto with the intent to permanently deprive the owner of possession. Given the circumstances here, it would be nearly impossible to convict BL of theft of the van even if he murdered GP. You'd have a hard time proving that GP rescinded her obvious permission for him to have and operate the van before she died, that BL knew he didn't have permission, and that BL intended to permanently deprive GP or her estate of the use or possession of the van. No prosecutor is going to pursue that, especially when the van was surrender to the NPPD and the priority is finding GP.

North Port Police Department
30m ago

As a national search for Gabby Petito (22) continues, the search for Brian Laundrie (23) continues in North Port. Saturday, North Port Police, along with the FBI and other nearby agency partners searched the Carlton Reserve area to the North of the City of North Port. Roughly 25,000 acres. Brian’s parents have reported to us that he was last seen Tuesday when he went for a hike there. They reported him missing three days later. The North Port Police Department and the FBI are working to corroborate the story.

As of now, Brian has not been found. The search for the evening has been called off due to darkness. Efforts will continue Sunday.

Brian is described as:
-white male
-5’8 160lbs
-Brown eyes
-Short brown hair
-trimmed facial hair
-Last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap.

Again, It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working multiple missing person investigations.

Gabby is described as:
-white female,
-5’5 110lbs.
-blonde hair
-blue eyes
-Several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “Let it be.”

If you have seen Brian or Gabby, or have helpful info on either please use 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit online at http://tips.fbi.gov.

This will be the last update of the day unless there is a break in this case.

242282501_3043986222557397_1748123763092697581_n.jpg 242284467_3043986202557399_2872636748272431577_n.jpg 242374161_3043986265890726_2644458287104626511_n.jpg 242291748_3043986285890724_1303554844011769648_n.jpg 242306656_3043986392557380_8419424144396350583_n.jpg 242169562_3043986305890722_8967695250917687686_n.jpg 242169443_3043986172557402_6193195720131808572_n.jpg 242264268_3043986152557404_6399097423974002641_n.png

So he goes for a hike on Tuesday, and presumably, would have been expected to return later that same day.

They then wait more than 2 days, before finally reporting him missing.

Color me dubious.

It blows my mind. My son in a very sensitive situation goes hiking for the day. However, I am not too concerned when he doesn’t come home that night. I don’t become concerned for 2 days. Oh, and I decide to just drive the car on home for him.

A couple questions I may have missed along the way:

- Have there been any verified sightings of Brian since his return to Florida on the 1st? I don't mean what his parents say about when they saw him. Has he been visually seen by police, media?
- If Brian and Gabby parted ways and Brian returned alone to Florida, he presumably could have left her anywhere in between Wyoming and Florida, correct?

With regards to point one, I have not been able to find anything sourced that shows anyone other than his parents having physically seen him since he’s returned.

Point 2: it’s possible, but the absence of Gabby on social media or contact with her parents wouldn’t fit, if she were alive during that time. JMO

Does he have his phone with him? If so, can they get a warrant for his location? Who knows what knowledge he has about if anyone is even looking for him, he took off on Tuesday, so if he is not online, he would have no idea, unless he was hearing all of the police officers in the forest. If he did bring the gun, I don’t think we will get the answers we are looking for, where is Gabby and what happened?

I'm not sure if he is even there. What a waste of police resources!

Red Flag 1: Mustang just left in front of the reserve and the parents thought it was a good idea to bring it back home? Why? How would he come back home from the hike... unless they knew he escaped and they didn't want it to be found abandoned so that he has sufficient time to escape.

Red Flag 2: Waiting till Friday to report. Giving false info about his whereabouts.

Red Flag 3: The oblivious parents thought it was totally ok for their POI son to go for a hike with no one accompanying him especially when he is under such stress. Riiiiiiiiight.

Why should the police even believe them? They have been lying about everything since the beginning.
Agreed. The whole thing is fishy af. MOO

Speculation:

As our timeline is potentially narrowing (with people thinking they'd seen the van in Tetons on Aug 29), I'm starting to think that Gabby's plans to meet up with her friend on that day in Yellowstone might have been the proverbial "final straw" and a potential source of contention between the two.

Her friend obviously didn't care much for BL, and if he really had, in the past, taken away GP's ID to keep her from going out with this friend, I could easily see a scenario where he could have again done something to prevent GP from meeting up with her friend that day. Was he out wandering around on his own that day (until around 6pm, according to the witness) because he knew she wouldn't leave for Yellowstone without him and he wanted to prevent her from meeting up with this friend? What sort of confrontation might they have had if he got back late, far past the time when GP would have been able to contact and meet her friend for her birthday? Especially if they were out of cell phone range, so GP couldn't even let her friend know why she hadn't been able to make it.

IMO, GP would be totally justified in getting upset at BL for something like that. But I hate to think of where that argument might have led.

MOO.

Agree with all of this. He didn't even want her to go out for a night dancing with this friend. (according to the friend). He didn't seem to like this friend. He would not have wanted his trip diverted to go see this friend. IMO

Have any acquaintances or old friends of BL spoken to the press?

This comes up quite often - it’s her van but many seem to think because he was with her he’s entitled to ownership interest …
Thanks for finding the link
I thought it had already been established it's basically common law, and therefore not a crime, per LE:
Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery
Mr. Taylor had said the police had no reason to arrest him after he returned to Florida in the van, which is registered to Ms. Petito and had not been reported stolen.
“The reality of that situation is that it was a common-use vehicle between the two of them,” Mr. Taylor said. The state law does not allow the police to arrest Mr. Laundrie any more than it allows for the arrest of a teenager found driving his or her parents’ car, he said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/us/brian-laundrie-gabby-petito.html

Why come back with the van is my big question.

Exactly! That's been one of my big questions all along. On the one hand, if he knew she was dead (!), then yes, bring it back -- no reason to leave it in the Tetons or wherever they were. He had a long drive to figure out an excuse or an alibi. If she were alive, how could he leave her out there?? He could get in big trouble doing that. Or, if they both started out in the van to go farther west, or to go home, where is she? A big fight on the way and he harmed her beyond help, so he tossed her, possibly. Uh-oh, still needs an alibi.
It's a no-win situation for him, IMO, so maybe he needed to take that hike -- to the airport, perhaps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member