Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve considered that exact scenario, and it’s definitely plausible. But what I can’t understand, is why - when they have kept BL so tightly under wraps, they let him venture out alone? He could be confronted by members of the public, LE, press, etc. Under the circumstances, considering he’s the POI in a high profile missing persons case, letting him go to into a wooded “wilderness” area alone is a recipe for disaster. They had to know this was a bad idea. I know he’s an adult, but I wonder if they considered the potential ramifications. I just think they’ve made some really questionable decisions that no matter how this case is resolved, will affect them negatively forever.
What if he's not in the wilderness? What if Brian told them he was just going to take off for a while, and never said for how long or where? I think it would be fair to say his parents would know exactly what he meant without telling them where. They knew he frequented the reserve. What better place to report him missing from. The cops could be looking there for months while Brian's sitting on the beach in Mexico, and if Gabby's still not found, there's still no crime unless they come up with evidence, and the parents, not knowing where he is, are not lying to the cops.

Exactly. A woman called in a tip to FBI. Then she made sure that everyone knew about her tip to the extent that it is reported in the news. There are pages of comments discussing the tip that she called in to FBI even though it is an uncorroborated tip. Should we discuss what must be thousands of other tips as well? What makes this tip different? The FBI certainly have not treated this tip as special.

It's a nice story that makes no sense regarding Gabby and Brian walking 10 miles or so to camp. Why would they do that when they have a perfectly good vanlife van for sleeping safely? Where was the van allegedly parked while Brian was freaking out about hitchhiking to Jackson after asking for a ride to Jackson?
They have treated this tip as special. First of all, LE has said that the tip is possibly credible. Second, they've been searching today in areas where that tip points.

Many people, myself included, thinks her telling of the story screams of authenticity. This doesn't mean that it wasn't a mistaken identity. But she seemed clear, articulate, and self-disciplined. Of course, I was wrong about BL, so who knows . . .
I agree, so asked Otto to clarify "got her nowhere." AFAIK it actually DID get her somewhere, as someone linked earlier, that the FBI at least thought it *might* be credible.

Search for Brian Laundrie halted at nightfall as questions mount in Gabby Petito's disappearance

Police have confirmed that law enforcement has access to pings from Brian and Gabby's mobile phones, however, it's unclear if those devices were currently turned on and providing investigators with current location information.

Taylor said that Laundrie's parents did not provide any information to officers Friday night about Petito.
Wouldn't it be amazing if Gabby's phone is pinging.

Do roads go into the disbursed camping areas, or is it necessary to hike in? Or does it just mean no facilities?

It's a nice story that makes no sense regarding Gabby and Brian walking 10 miles or so to camp. Why would they do that when they have a perfectly good vanlife van for sleeping safely? Where was the van allegedly parked while Brian was freaking out about hitchhiking to Jackson after asking for a ride to Jackson?
They slept in a tent, the van was too small for sleeping with all of their stuff crammed in.

There's no such job title as nutritionist, no certificate or credentials. Instead, there are registered dieticians.

There was a best-seller about a decade ago written by someone who called herself a nutritionist. It turned out that she got a certificate after a short stint at a massage school.

I wish the original posts weren't truncated, because now I'm wondering where the "pharmacy technician" came in.

Indeed.com disagrees with you on this one...

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?from=careeradvice-US&l&q=nutritionist&vjk=211cbbf6d6bec831

IMO, we're not "starting a narrative".

One or both of her bio parents said they were dialing back on their relationship and were no longer engaged.

Maybe Gabby told them a white lie, but we're not making it up.

I thought in one of her last sightings she told the store clerk they were engaged?

I'm a long-term websleuther but don't post too often. This case has me going. I have so many scenarios! Because they didn't answer GP's parents, BL's parents clearly know something. I'm of the opinion that BL either (a.) came home to parents with van and they deducted something bad happened, perhaps due to BL's behavior, or because he told them OR (b.) he never came home, but one of his parents retrieved the van so that it wouldn't be found abandoned. My gut says BL harmed GP, then took off. He may have relied on his parents to call their lawyer friend in NY, then get him out of town/country. Then the parents could report he took off and they don't know where.

Never seen this before? Re: financing the trip.

Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery

Ms. Petito, the oldest of six siblings, had been working as a pharmacy technician to save money for the trip. She met Mr. Laundrie at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, Mr. Schmidt said. They began dating after graduation and moved two years ago to Florida, he said.

BBM.
I wish I could read it but I don’t have a subscription.

Doctor appointment? I’m not clear on his conditions but anybody with any psychiatric problem wants to see their own physician and yes they would pay to do that. Having an episode or needing meds. They go to many lengths to see their doctor.

Even in this new age of telemedicine? Would someone so attached to an in-person physician set off on a long journey like this?

I read the original post. I didn't get any of this at all from it. The OP was merely breaking down the dynamics of their working relationship on the road, IMO. You know, who did what and why the van was really potentially more important to Gabby. I didn't read anything that discussed their love relationship.
My apologies if I misread that, I’m just miffed at how often people insinuate a lot about their relationship. I’ve seen too many posts implying he wasn’t a big part of her life or something similar. People have taken to this story because of that.

Regular to ws but don't comment often.

I understand that the statistic mentioned earlier about deceased females and significant others doesn't mean BL is guilty.....
Every case I've followed where the last person to see someone alive failed to report or waited days/weeks/months to report has been guilty of a crime.

So he isn't looking great in my book. MOO

I've considered similar, and I think others have too. Particularly because if he hiked with her to get someplace 1) remote and 2) away from the van, then he doesn't have to worry about transporting her body after the fact.

Exactly! I think this would be very plausible. That would mean less chance of finding her, less/no evidence in/on the van or around the campsite. I’ve been trying to read as many comments on these threads as possible, but it’s growing so quickly. Between here, FB, Tiktok, Twitter, etc I just haven’t seen many comments with this theory. Glad to know others think the same. Well not “glad” because this is a very sad and worrisome situation, but I just wondered if others considered this as a possibility as well.

Do roads go into the disbursed camping areas, or is it necessary to hike in? Or does it just mean no facilities?
Road goes to them. A lot of the dispersed campsites are specifically for RVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get